What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The T.V Rights Thread Part III

How much will the Total Broadcast Rights Deal be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Honestly what was stopping the ARLC telling Fox to go f**k themselves?? They need us more than we need them. Sounds like we are getting stiffed again, 5 more year of Nein FFS!!

Big Sam

First Grade
Sunday night football on FOX for 13 weeks.. Does this replace MNF? I hope so.

No. It is the 2nd 7.30 Saturday game shifted. The 13 rounds will probably be the 7-8 rounds before Easter and the last 5 rounds. Nobody's going to watch a game on Sunday night in the middle of winter.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Even the Channel 9 news reporters don't know the details. Clearly no one except those people in the negotiations know the details. Just wait 25 minutes.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Didn't even crack the 1 billion mark legitimately.

But will fudge the numbers and include other revenue to boost the total.

And the coverage stays the same.

Useless merkins.

neither did the AFL buddy :roll:
theres was 950 Million cash ... the rest contra

while ours appears to be 900 Million cash & only 100 million worth of contra

get a grip .. K?;-)

Shagsta

Juniors
If the new contract doesn't stipulate that FTA games have to be shown in HD, it's an absolute joke. At the very minimum I'd like to see rep games and finals in HD.

My TV is nothing too great, but SD sport looks like arse on it. I bet there are plenty of people in the same boat as me.

jc155776

Coach
neither did the AFL buddy :roll:
theres was 950 Million cash ... the rest contra

while ours appears to be 900 Million cash & only 100 million worth of contra

get a grip .. K?;-)

What the f**k has the AFL got to do with this?

We should think of our sport as completely independent.

We wanted 1 billion.

We didn't get it.

Which would have been fine if the game became better for the fans.

But it hasn't. We won;t get additional FTA games. We wont have Fox simulcasting games live when Nine refuse to show them live. And fixed FAIR scheduling looks unlikely.

So why be happy?

Stagger Lee

Bench
If the new contract doesn't stipulate that FTA games have to be shown in HD, it's an absolute joke. At the very minimum I'd like to see rep games and finals in HD.

My TV is nothing too great, but SD sport looks like arse on it. I bet there are plenty of people in the same boat as me.

With you.

It's little details like this that matter.

NrlCoach

Juniors
just hearing ch 9 retaining the rights makes me...

triple-h-angry.gif

Moffo

Referee
Yes. The news that Kerry Stokes is about to throw major cash at the game is a disaster.

Should have stuck with Ruperts plan of Canterbury, Penrith and Cronulla representing all of NSW, right Moffo?

You dickhead :lol::lol:

Is? WTF? You are a massive knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts