What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will play halfback next year ?

dragon-83

Juniors
Doust.says this does leave leave the club with issues for 2013 to resolve an he doesn't. An announcement to the solution yet.

st.phil

Bench
Have been told that price is keen on bringing beau Henry back from the titans

Hope not - physically he never made the step up from U20s. Fair few good judges did not rate him...worrying if it happens. Would much prefer new blood in townsend or miller.

Slackboy72

Coach
I thought we got rid of Henry because of his attitude.

I suspect Fien will go okay in the halves but he's not an option for 2014.

I could live with that, at least for one season, see how he goes, we have to do something as we all know Fein and Stanley are prone to injury.

On the other hand there must be a decent half in the Northern Hemisphere that wants a run in the NRL. Surely Doust and Price have already canvased that.........well wouldn't they? Look outside the square you live in FFS.

64 Dragon

Coach
Beau Henry was sacked rejected by Wayne bennett from both the Dragons and the Knights. I would take Bennett's opinion on players before a lot of others.

getsmarty

Immortal
Trant Hodgkinson or Chad Townsend? not that id like them but not much else going around. Possibly Jacob Miller?

We Tried to get Townsend..he is staying at the sharks...we threw big dollars at Reynolds...he knocked us back...I don't know whats happening with Miller or Hodkinson.

I Reckon we will go with soward/Fein and K. stanley.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
We Tried to get Townsend..he is staying at the sharks...we threw big dollars at Reynolds...he knocked us back...I don't know whats happening with Miller or Hodkinson.

I Reckon we will go with soward/Fein and K. stanley.

A lot has changed at the Sharks in the last week.

getsmarty

Immortal
A lot has changed at the Sharks in the last week.

We went hard for Townsend earlier this year. My Mate who's a Sharks supporter told me they were filthy. They promised him a first grade birth next year. I think you will find he is still under contract till the end of 2013. Sharks won't release him.

Dragons1990

Juniors
Everyone keeps saying beau Henry has a bad attitude. I've been to multiple titans trainings and he is always first there, great with all the fans especially the younger ones and seems to have a good repor with his team mates. Bring him back

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hodkinson, Henry, geez the Saints are really clutching at straws here.

There has to be some decent halfback over in England who can do the job and he will be cheap. Or does Doust look within a 5km radius?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
We went hard for Townsend earlier this year. My Mate who's a Sharks supporter told me they were filthy. They promised him a first grade birth next year. I think you will find he is still under contract till the end of 2013. Sharks won't release him.

You are correct in all you say mate.

But, a lot has changed at the Sharks in the last week.

Goddo

Bench
I've always thought Soward has a lot of half back in his game, but has been running as an aprentice a bit wider.

I think the solution is
6 Stanley
7 Soward

but we need to replace Fien as our number 3 half soon, and the Stanley injury situation doesn't make 2013 look that good. Next year will be more rebuilding. I only hope the coach has a plan.

Hornby is a legend. Add him to the walk at Jubilee Oval ASAP.

Last edited:

saint06

Juniors
The Cutters have Jeremy Smith (former eel and souths half) running around for them. I know competition is a little different, but if we are lokoing for depth/cover and we cant find a young cheap option - he would do fine.