What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Rnd 5: Warriors v Rabbitohs

Willow

Assistant Moderator
jersey_warriors_1.gif
-VS-
jersey_rabbitohs_1.gif

PREVIEW: The Warriors are still a mathematical chance but even if they miss out on a semi-final berth, they still have much to play for - avoiding the wooden spoon for a start. The Rabbitohs have been competitive all year, getting all posts in. Still looking for their maiden victory of 2012, Souths should feel confident of advancing to the semis, but beware the wounded Warrior!

Game Thread:
* This is a game thread only. Only game posts can be made here - team lists, substitutions, and articles.
* Any other posts may result in loss of points and is at the discretion of the referee.
* Only original articles, not used in previous games, will be marked by referees.

Naming Teams:
* 5 -V- 5 (+ 3 reserves for home sides; + 2 for away)
* No 'TBA' or changing players named
* Captains must stick with original teams named

Rules: http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com/rules.php
Official Word Counter: http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com/wordcount.php

FULL TIME: Sunday 26th August 2012 (You have until midnight)
Referee: Willow
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium

NB: SEMI-FINALS KICK OFF ON AUG 30

Monk

Referee
The Rabbitohs run onto the field. Determined to notch up a win and make the finals. There will be blood.

jersey_rabbitohs_1.gif

Monk (c)
Bubbles
byrne_rovelli_fan82
Marshall_magic
Lambretta

Bench:
eloquentEEL
Scott Gourley's Lovechild

The warriors..

we got me and the Fizz man. plus anyone who else who cares to show their faces.

RCB
Vin Fizz
Half
Warrior Defence
Robster
Axl
Slash
Izzy
Duff
and Steven

Vin Fizz

Bench
Thanks RCB. Will try to do the Warriors proud. Fizz on the burst off the kick off with 750 words in total:

Where’s your heart.......on your sleeve?
I saw something on Facebook last week. It was a poster that said “Grammar....the difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you’re shit.” It’s a bit like the title of this piece. The meaning will depend on how you read it. So, here’s a question: how often do we hear that someone “wears their heart on their sleeve” particularly when you’re debating the merits of your chosen rugby league allegiance? It got me thinking though, are there typical characteristics that are peculiar to the supporters of certain clubs or are we all far less discerning when selecting a team to follow?
My perspective is a curious one I’ll explain shortly, but not before describing the recent past of this great game. Prior to 1982, the rugby league competition was played between 12 clubs, assorted along geographical lines in Sydney. Most of the grass roots support for a club would naturally centre upon its geographical heartland and, depending on the command of its allure, could spread a considerable distance to the widest extremities of the region. In some cases these boundaries might abut the outer dimensions of another clubs “spiritual territory” and fierce rivalries would emerge. Given these geographic links it stands to reason, that the core heartland supporters, generally speaking, share particular interests and characteristics that are a by-product of their environs. For example, clubs in close proximity to the beach might draw their support from a population that shares the beach culture. Similarly, the inner city clubs supporter base might exhibit characteristics peculiar to the city environment with its rich culture of merged influences with colourful characters raised in sometimes uncompromising tenements of the densely populated areas.
As for characters, who could forget the irrepressible Laurie Nichols from Balmain, who despite the weather wore only a Tigers singlet jeans and boots to signify his working class roots, an image that Balmain drew heavily upon. My extended family, whose heritage is in Surry Hills, to this day, harbour close ties to the battlers of the 1920’s depression. A time that, through necessity, spawned that unique salesman who would hawk freshly butchered long eared mammals on the streets of South Sydney and were known as .......”The Rabbitoh”.
These “tribal” allegiances were therefore rooted in the circumstances of your upbringing and arguably driven by your postcode. But, as stated above, my perspective is a curious one. I grew up in Central Western New South Wales, and despite my families’ heritage, held no geographic ties that would otherwise compel me to establish a particular allegiance to a specific club. And that leads me to my point. Being a rugby league fanatic in the 21st century how does someone in the same situation select a team to follow in the modern game?
This is where branding has become so important in my view. Most of my friends selected their teams using a combination of peer group pressure, very limited media exposure and probably the team’s colours. There were only ever 4 clubs footy jerseys for sale at the 2 sports shops in town. Growing up in the 70’s the only league on television was Saturday League on the ABC that broadcast the second half of the match of the round. In later years Sunday League emerged and eventually Rex Mossips Sunday Night replay. As luck would have it my Dad took me to watch Easts and Cronulla at the SCG. Cronulla won and they became my team.

Fast forward to today. This is where the game has changed in a quantum way. The clubs are now full time professional businesses with billion dollar media backing and international exposure. Branding, more than ever, could be the most critical challenge facing any clubs existence. With the emergence of the National Rugby League those geographical tribal allegiances, while still important, are no longer as critical as a wide spread supporter / revenue base. And the key to that is Branding. And I don’t mean the beautiful logo displayed on the jersey. True banding is about qualities. What does you club stand for? What are those core qualities so typical to your club that draw you in? Why do you elect to associate yourself with your team? I think that concept is embryonic within the NRL. But you can bet your bottom dollar, that the ones that are exploring, developing and embracing this notion will be the ones that survive in the modern game.
So do you wear your heart on your sleeve?

Bubbles

Juniors
Bubbles on for Souths

The Eighth Day...

And so on the Eighth Day... and a few millennia further down the Christian timeline... God looked upon, and pondered His creation. He marvelled at a rainbow, a kaleidoscope of colours arching across the sky, like a bridge between the glory of Heaven and the Petri dish called Earth. He observed a butterfly breaking through its cocoon to emerge in a fluttering of iridescence. All good work. Then God’s brow did knit as the Big Three, his three greatest failures flashed unbidden before his mind’s eye. Firstly, testicles on the outside; an engineering error if ever there was! Next, the platypus; proof that one should never, ever drink and create! And lastly, Queenslanders; who would have thought that creating a tropical paradise for the enlightened, the informed and the highly evolved to dwell within would backfire?!

God was jolted from his troubled reverie by a sight which at once angered and amused. Thirty fully grown men huddled into one swarming mass of sweating hirsute testosterone, like dogs in a park sniffing each other’s rectums, while a man in black and white blows a whistle piercingly and endlessly, enforcing laws and strictures as if he were... well, Him. If He of infinite knowledge and wisdom, a mind encompassing all the mysteries of creation cannot follow this ridiculous recreational activity, how can the common human with its vast limitations? And they dare to proclaim this the sport played in Heaven!

Briefly He considered summoning the Archangel Gabriel to dish out some old-school smiting, before an even better plan unwound itself from within His vast consciousness. And so, with good intentions in his mind and redemption for the Big Three in his subconscious, God did summon his best scribe; “Take this down William, a set of Commandments to govern an entirely new recreational pursuit. Yes, yes, another set of Commandments and you can leave out the flowery twaddle, Will, this is no sonnet!”

THOU SHALT field thirteen combatants for each team. Not fourteen, for that would be one too many. Not twelve lest you be undermanned in defence. Thirteen is the number.

THOU SHALT promote the football via the hands in a backwards trajectory only. However, be warned, for there will come one a century through the passage of time and this Chosen One, known as Cam, shalt not be bound by this Commandment.

THOU SHALT score points once the ball has passed over the opposition’s line and is placed firmly upon the soil. Not brushed lightly by the stray hair of a forearm to the side of the ball, but with firm, downward pressure.

THOU SHALT remain within the marked lines of the field at all times whilst in possession of the ball, however another warning to heed there is, for in the time of Cam another shall emerge, name of B.moz, and he shalt get a free pass on this Commandment.

THOU SHALT NOT at any stage tamper unnecessarily with these Commandments. These simple guidelines, rules if you will, could not be made any simpler and to over-tweak them is to mess with the very hand of God.

With the tablet signed off, the architecture of this new pursuit, God did suddenly smile and clap his hands in glee, for he had foreseen in the future landscape of this sport, a genetic anomaly in the form of Ben Creagh who would prove the existence of an evolutionary link that may well correct one of His mistake, proving that testicles can indeed retreat back inside.

Now, to the problem of the platypus and at once He concedes there is nought to be done at this late stage, except to celebrate the fact that this bungled, misshapen little creature provides more questions than answers, a good diversion from the one true answer, single malt whiskey.

As for Queenslanders, God wondered why he hadn’t seen the answer before, glaring as it appeared before him now. With the historical pathway of Queensland through time strewn with the genetically hodge-podge products of inbreeding and the projected continuing pattern, this particular species should have bred themselves out of existence in another few millennia... give or take a millennia.

And so God is pleased with himself and doth pat his own back, for this is the moment of creation of the sport known as Rugby League, a sport indeed not played in Heaven, but rather made by the hand of God!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
byrne_rovelli_fan82 for the Rabbitohs

~~

Moment of humour.

tumblr_m9b6mk4v2z1qlbotjo1_500.jpg

A picture says a thousand words, as we all know and this moment is no different. Let’s see how it all unfolded.

The morning sun was just starting to stir, peeping slowly along the horizon as the late night moved into day. All round the inner city shops began to light up ready for the day to unfold while roads became busier and busier as the minutes ticked past.

Flags flapped in the breeze every available space advertised the up ‘n’ coming event, wherever you looked the familiar signage would catch your attention there was no way to avoid it. Life-sized portraits of players engulfed the harbor bridge accompanied with repeat messages of support from both sides; papers reported on the event, detailing all the down-to-the minute gossip in hopes to increase circulation.

Fans graced the streets dressed in their team colours shouting their support to anybody caring to listen, waved their flags, belted out random songs and began loud chants against their enemy. It wasn’t the fans just soaking up the moment though everyone who knew something about this sport had their own opinions, it was the one time where they were all united, the event was the moment where every single person became an expert.

This year, things had taken a little bit of a different turn. In the past interstate fans engaged in battle over who had the most supremacy. Would power reside up north? Stay central? Or head down south? For years, at this event, that was the only question being asked. Not this time. No. Instead a true test of loyalty had come to the forefront. It was no longer about ‘back your team, and backing your state’ this was the complete opposite.

It was only nine years ago when this exact situation happened though it did not appear to create the same type of nervousness and anxiety as the 2011 version.

The battle for ultimate supremacy this time around saw one nation split over the two teams. The Sydney-based club has made more enemies then it has fans over the years; their over eagerness of wanting to be the best overrides their mannerism in the public domain making them highly un-popular. Their opponents on the other hand, are hard to get a grip on, some days they alarm you while others they can enthral you. It is always a bit of a lucky dip with them; but when they’re around you just know it’s going to be fun either way.

While the rest of the city goes about it’s every day routine, at a secret hotel location one team is getting ready to a big morning, a morning many of their young stars have never ever experienced. Everyone is dressed in their suits making themselves look immaculate and while tired, hungry and confused at all the fuss the team bundled its way onto the Murray Bus and each of them busied themselves with usual distractions.

Upon arrival at another hotel this one far more glamorous then any of them expect, they are ushered off the bus and even in the early hours of the morning attention from a thong of media outlets bombarded them. Smartly dressed uniformed men with walkie-talkies and headphones get the whole team inside to safety of the hotel though it is only for a moment’s peace, as not before long more prying media eyes land on them, but the uniformed men act quickly and shuffle the team on. Within seconds they are whisked away through an endless corridor, before arriving in another large open-plan hallway.

Eyes widen and faces turn emotionless. They were not alone. Standing to one side of a set of heavy-dusty wooden doors that was guarded by two huge bald security men, were their opponents and for a moment there was utter silence no one moved. Even the few lucky cameramen allowed in the area had frozen.

‘Over this way.’ A uniformed man spoke up he lead the team to their position to the far wall, and it was only then did the team relax a little. Smiles returned to their faces, little jokes cracked and the usual seriousness of their coach gave a glimpse of happiness.

Cameramen loaded up their film rolls and began taking the ‘pre-photos’; the moments before the fun ends and the real game begin. The country was about to witness a championship unfold.

I guess nobody told Kevin Locke and his unsuspecting victim…

~~

744 words between '~' according to official word counter.

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
Lambretta hits a hole but will he make a break?

734 words from this point will tell.....

To win or not to win, that is the question.

Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to seek an additional point in extra time or suffer the slings and arrows of an outrageous draw. If Bill Shakespeare was alive today and living in Sydney, then he may well be wrestling with this conundrum rather than worrying about Danish royalty. But as Mr Shakespeare isn’t here to ponder this one, I’ll have to tackle the issue myself.

First, some background. A draw, which was a perfectly valid result for ninety years – and still is in my opinion - was deemed unsatisfactory ten years ago, so additional time periods were added to regular season games to try and provide a winner and a loser. This led to teams trying to score in the simplest way possible by kicking a single or “golden” point. Dissatisfied with this scenario, people want to change the rules again to make game outcomes “more interesting” – suggesting further changes to the “golden point” extra time.

Most people wanting a change to the current “golden point” system have been calling for the “golden try”. The main logic for denying teams the option to win a game by kicking a field goal is that teams merely work for field position and kick a single point, which, critics argue, is an unnatural way to win games and leads to boring and predictable tactics. They believe attempting to score a try will lead to open, attacking football and a better spectacle for the fans.

It hasn’t occurred to these people that, at the moment, most teams play the percentages rather than going for broke, and that’s exactly what they’ll do if they have to score a try. Players will get through five tackles, aim to be in attacking field position, kick high and hope for a try either from a clean grab or a dropped ball from the defence. The outcome will be as predictable and unimaginative as it is now. The only difference will be the higher number of failed attempts to secure a win.

If we choose “golden try” AND extra time is limited to 10 minutes, the most obvious outcome will be more draws than result under the current system. Now excuse me if I’m being dense here, but isn’t the point of extra time to find a winner, not play longer only to end in the same full-time draw?

Now we could instigate a period of additional time that has no actual end to it, where the winner is decided by a try, but take the game between the Sharks and the Roosters earlier this season. The way those two teams were going that night, they would have been playing till three in the morning before someone actually scored – full time when it came was a blessing because it meant we could stop watching such rubbish.

In contrast, last week saw two high quality games decided by field goals, one within normal time and one during the “golden point” period. Watching those two games, I felt that Krishnan Inu’s effort in the 75th minute was as natural as Cooper Cronk’s strike in the 89th minute. They were both excellently-orchestrated kicks, made under pressure and executed with skill. They both brought a smile to my face.

In my view, it is the finality of a “golden” rule – regardless of it being a point or a try - that leads to fans’ dissatisfaction with extra time. During normal time, unless match-winning points are scored as the clock runs out, you are given the right of reply. That is the accepted order of things. Under “golden point” or “golden try”, that option is removed. The sudden-death scenario goes against the egalitarian ethos of Rugby League. Ours is a code where handing back possession to your opposition, giving them an opportunity to attack you, is a core part of the game and it’s this fairness that sudden-death thwarts. Introducing death-by-try as opposed to death-by-a-goal in extra time will still leave the losing team – and the fans on both sides - feeling that they’ve been hard-done-by.

If we really cannot be satisfied by a draw after eighty minutes, then we need to consider playing an additional ten minutes in full and the team with the highest score at the end of the allotted extra period wins. To my way of thinking, it’s the only “natural” solution available.

Marshall for Souths
-------------
[FONT=&quot]LIFE AFTER FOOTBALL: REALLY THAT DAUNTING?[/FONT]​
Plenty is made of life after football these days. A lot is made about whether or not enough is done to help support players and set them up for when they retire. Some believe that clubs should do everything they can to make sure their players land on their feet upon retirement. Others believe it is not the clubs’ responsibility to hold players’ hands after they retire and the player needs to be responsible and look after themselves, as they are adults. However it is obvious with a little research that there is a clear ladder which players go into after they retire, depending on how good their real world skills may be.

TOP RUNG: ENTREPRENEUR
Many players upon retirement go and make themselves successful by running their own company. It is tougher for the players because their knowledge base needs to go beyond football and into business in general. The company doesn’t need to be large, just successful and it can be anything related to the game. Case in point of a ex-player to make a succeed in this capacity is Peter Wynn in his sports store chain.

SECOND RUNG: CLUB OFFICIAL
This is another career path where knowledge beyond the game of football is required. Having to function the day to day running of a club is a big responsibility, especially in higher roles such as CEOs. Some of these guys are very successful in their roles, whilst others are not, but the standing that club officials have is rather large. They are also subject to a lot of criticism these days, even a mistake like forgetting to pay for groceries can lead to a backlash against the bloke (and his club).

THIRD RUNG: MEDIA PERSONALITY
When you don’t have to skills beyond football to make it in the business world, you can just work on some comedy skills and take on a media role. The catch is you need to be a quality footballer, not a plodder to make it in this role. The upside is that no other skills are required to make it. Also it should be noted that no matter how little improvement you show, it is likely that you will keep your job long into the foreseeable future. Just look at Paul Vautin or Laurie Daley, do either of them scream TV veteran to you?

FOURTH RUNG: COACH
These blokes need an in depth knowledge of the game, as well as an ability to communicate and connect with young men. They need to be able to motivate and develop players and it is debatable whether this actually belongs above Media Personality. If one watches a press conference involving Des Hasler or Geoff Toovey after a loss it is clear to see why it is below. Another reason it is below is because individuals like Tim Sheens and Brian Smith can last a considerable length of time in this role. It is certainly an option open to players upon retirement, and based on the current crop, on-field ability does not equate to being a good coach, with several of the games top coaches’ were not the top players of their era. Would Wayne Bennett be a household name if he never took up coaching? Although if you do start out here there is plenty of potential to move up to a higher level. Gus started out here, and now sits on rung 2.

FIFTH RUNG: COUNCIL WORKER/GARDENER
When you’ve fallen out with the guy three rungs above you, you find yourself in this role. Usually it’s the top echelon of players who play second fiddle who end up in this spot, while the guy they played second fiddle to sits two rungs above them. It is even more embarrassing for them when they fall out of a favour with a club they won four premierships with; the only four that club has ever won in over 60 years in the competition. Obviously very few players sit here, but there is one rung below.

SIXTH RUNG: DIAL-A-QUOTE
Have no real skills outside of football? Well journos can call you to say something that doesn’t have to be smart, correct or even make sense. The journo you help out might not pay you a good price, in fact they probably pay you in beer, but it beats being the punch line in a Raper joke. They may pay you enough for you to buy food for your cattle dog.

------------------

[FONT=&quot]750 words.
[/FONT]

Monk

Referee
Monk runs onto the field for souths in his bright green boots. Is this a footy game or a fashion parade?

733 Words According to the OWC

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You heard it here first.

“Mate, where’s that flippin’ $20 you owe me?”

I rolled my eyes as my annoying co-worker walked up to me, the same way he did every time he saw me. That stupid grin on his face, almost as vomit-worthy as the intolerable way he popped the collar up on his button up shirt (Who even does that? Who wants to show the loopy bit of a neck tie? There is a reason people keep their collars down buddy!). He threw his oil-soaked palm in my hair and rustled it through, till he was convinced that all of the grease from his serving of leftover KFC that he had this morning was settled in my hair at a nice consistent ratio. I feigned a smile and replied the same way I had for the last few weeks.

“Why? Do you need it to pay for the petrol in your gay little scooter?”

With timing as poetic as Romeo himself, his cubicle lover (who was ‘Dumber’ in what I considered to be their office re-enactment of Dumb and Dumber) stumbled out of the toilet door wiping his hands on his pants as he sniffled.

“His car’s in the shop loser! The Eels won the game and you need to pay up!“

I took the time to point out (as I did every morning) that we never actually made the bet, and if we were including un-finished bets as ones worthy of payment, then they probably owed me a total sum of $700. As if scared by the prospect of having to save that amount of money and not being able to afford their nightly serving of Fried Chicken and Double Cheeseburgers they scurried off like mice deterred from a mouse-trap. They knew it wasn’t going to work out well for them.

I’m not bitter about being proven wrong when a team decides to play like their lives depend on it. Watching the underdogs stick it to a top of the table team makes for a very enjoyable game. Good on them for turning up to play (cue obligatory fan question, “Where has this form been all season?”). But for all you pundits out there (online personalities included), calling an upset but shying away when someone asks you to put your money where your mouth is (I don’t condone mass gambling at all, but what’s wrong with a cheeky $1 bet? Or for you online heroes, an Avatar bet) calls for a good old fashioned cojones check. This is because I know for a fact that if you get that ‘bizarre/unexpected’ call right, you’re not going to let me forget about it. Case in point; see Greasy Gary from earlier in this tantalising tale.

You can give yourself a well earned pat on the back. You can even be a big spender and get some sprinkles on your chocolate ice cream, heck you’ve earned it. But c’mon, there was nothing riding on the fact that you made that call. So don’t act like you’re God’s gift to the gambling community, and no, you don’t have the blood of the Waterhouse family running through your veins. I’m sorry you had to hear that from me.

So let’s take a look at proper game-calling etiquette so that you don’t get called out being a Greasy Gary and looking like a fool next time you make a prediction.

Rule 1: When you make an unexpected prediction, learn some facts about what you’re betting on. Make the effort to punt with conviction and not only will it boost your success rate, people will be less likely to call your bluff if you take a punt on a ‘Gut-Feeling’.

Rule 2: Have the cojones to admit that it’s just a ‘Gut-Feeling’ if someone asks you to put your money where your mouth is, there is no shame in bowing out when it gets serious. But remember if you bow out at this stage, you cannot gloat should your prediction come true (see note).

Note - Rule 2 calls for cojones check should the tough guys act tough, yet refuse to put money where mouth is located.

Rule 3: If you do win, win with a humble heart. Not only will you not look like a massive tool, you have made a new friend should you need a sure thing for the last leg of your multi.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

late as all f**k

750 words

First Time for Everything.

Lets face it. Our clubs are our first love. We love the jerseys. We love the Players. We love the badges. We love when they win. Hate it when we lose. It's the fans that make the game and the fans love the Clubs. I have had partners I did not love as much as The Sharks.
This year for the first time ever I won't be able to see my team in the finals. Im going overseas on Friday. Truth be told i didnt think we had much of a hope when i started organising things but then the club went and signed Todd Carney.

So I was thinking about the first game i ever went to. The Year was 1993. The Raiders were glorious. Ricky, Laurie, Mal, Mullins, Nagas etc. Glory years.
Unfortunately on that day i did not like them. i liked the opposition, Cronulla.
I liked the blue. I liked the Sharks Fridge magnet. i liked that they had a guy named ET. and so Me and my father went out at the tender age of 4 or 5 and saw Cronulla get absolutely destroyed.

My next first was my first Sharks football. The year was 1995. My Mother bought be a football for a good mid term report card. Anyway after i got it the Sharks started a great wining run. We called it the magic ball. After we were eliminated i lost that ball.

The next year was my first Sharks win. 1996 vs The Raiders in Canberra. It was a cold day. Cronulla won all 3 grades. Even the junior Belconnen kids who wore the same colours as the sharks won their match at half time. It was perfect. I don't think i have ever been as happy as that day walking out of the stadium, My new jersey covered in in ink of freshly sought autographs of my idols. Ice Cube would say, "it was a good day". I still have that jersey somewhere.

1996 also saw my first finals win. My father took me to see the famed Brisbane Broncos. Cronulla had won the previous week against Wests and they were a chance. ET scored off a bomb. Peachey scored possibly the greatest try I have ever seen live. A double wrap around play off a scrum in which he ran through a gap the size of bass straight. It was fantastic. They ended up winning by less than they should have, but they played the pants of Brisbane that day. It was a magic day.

A week later was the first of many heartbreaks. 24 nil loss to Manly. I watched on delay in my house in Canberra and cried for hours afterwards. Not a good day. More Vanilla Ice than Ice Cube. Many heartbreaks were to follow. 1999 was the worst. 1997 in the grand final wasn't even that bad. But 1999. I still can't watch any of the footage. A piece of my soul was damaged that day. I will always hate Anthony Mundine and enjoy every one of his failings immensely. It hurts just to think about it. I have had break ups that were not as bad.

After that game I got in my first fight. If you could call it that. Id call it a TKO by father intervention. It's still the only fight I've ever won.The family and I were at the train station, I was standing in my jersey and a kid in a dragons jersey called me a androtrop or something as he walked past. My team may have lost but at least i didn't bleed all over the floor.

2002 was the first time the Sharks got in the way of me and a woman. I had a girlfriend in High School . I was supposed to go to a party. I didn't go because the Sharkies were playing St George again in the finals and i needed to watch. I couldn't go to some dumb party watching Josh Hartnett in some movie no one cares about while this game was on. So i didn't go. This caused a fight and we broke up.

So many firsts. This team is a part of me as much as i am a part of it. Even though I have never played for the club or even lived in the area.

First Sharks premiership? hopefully in some bar in Munich at an ungodly hour in about a month or so.

Cheers for the season guys. been fun. im a free agent as of the end of that article. Hit me up if you want a solid contributor. Im reliable, have had an article on the front site and would like a team that shows up each week.

Cheers to Willow, Monk and the other organisers.

oh yeah, and cheers to my mate Vin. top bloke

Monk

Referee
Cheers for the season guys. been fun. im a free agent as of the end of that article. Hit me up if you want a solid contributor. Im reliable, have had an article on the front site and would like a team that shows up each week.

Cheers to Willow, Monk and the other organisers.

oh yeah, and cheers to my mate Vin. top bloke

RCB, mate you'll always be open for a spot in the Bunnies sheds, though whichever team get's your signature will have a great contributor. Keeping this team afloat was one hell of a task and many other players would have just let the team crumble. So credit to you for that.

To the Bunnies, I know iv'e already told you this over and over, but I'm so proud to have been able to captain this side for this past season, watching you guys put in every round has just been amazing and I couldn't ask for a better set of teammates. Finally we managed to notch a win for this season, though it sucks to win it in these kind of circumstances. Hopefully we can keep it up for the finals and create some kind of poetic moment in F7's history.

Anyway enough emotional jibber jabber, this is a mans sport! Over to Willow for the reffing :D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Should be able to read the articles and have this match reffed by tonight (work permitting). Good luck everyone.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
whistle_2.gif

NZ Warriors -vs- South Sydney Rabbitohs
Round 5 - 2012
Rugby League related: 35%
Originality: 30%
Grammar, punctuation, spelling, formatting: 20%
Do I like it? 10%
Research: 5%
Score: /100

WARRIORS

Vin Fizz
Where’s your heart.......on your sleeve?
Comments: Tribalism and its evolution. Thoroughly enjoyed the personal touch. Let down just a little by errors and spacing.
Words: 750

Russell Crowe's Band
First Time for Everything.
Comments: A top notch yarn and personal account from a passionate supporter. Appeared to be rushed in places with a few errors or typos.

WARRIORS TOTAL: 171

-vs-

SOUTH SYDNEY

Bubbles
The Eighth Day...
Comments: Very funny piece and proof that Rugby League is a religion.
Words: 737

byrne_rovelli_fan82
Moment of humour.
Comments: Plenty of effort leading up to the 'moment'. Very well written.
Words: 744

Lambretta
To win or not to win, that is the question.
Comments: The much debated subject regarding draws and extra time. Well written, clever start.
Words: 731

Marshall_magic
LIFE AFTER FOOTBALL: REALLY THAT DAUNTING?
Comments: A tongue-in-cheek analysis of employment opportunities for former players.

Monk
You heard it here first.
Comments: A funny look at the potential troubles caused by work-place betting. And yes, people even argue over avatar bets.
Words: 733

SOUTHS TOTAL: 450

FINAL SCORE: SOUTHS 450 defeat WARRIORS 171
POTM: Bubbles (Souths)

Well played everyone! :thumn

Monk

Referee
Sweet! Our first victory for the year, and some fantastic articles to get us in the mood for finals football!

Cheers for the prompt marking ref, great game Warriors.

Cheers for the quick marking Willow, and a great hit out for us Bunnies heading into the semis. Also should mention it's our first win of the season.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Backpacker Award Points

Bubbles - 3 points
byrne_rovelli_fan82 - 2 points
Monk - 1 point
Lambretta - 1 point

Bubbles

Juniors
Thanks for the quick reffing Willow and bad luck Warriors - we all know exactly how hard and frustrating it can be to field a full side every game - I really enjoyed both articles though. As for Souths, woohoo our first win!!! Really great articles, although on a personal level I find it extremely ironic and slightly disturbing that I got my highest score this year when I literally had to drag my semi-conscious, very hungover body off the couch and prop myself upright to do this article. I honestly was just thankful that I hadn't drowned the English language in my brain with much tequila, let alone be able to join the words together in a way that made sense!! Gosh, hope this doesn't become a game-day routine for me :crazy: - way too old for that shit!!!

Latest posts