What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Burt Farewell

muznik

Juniors
Even Luke would admit it wasn't one of his best but his record says it all.
Great clubman and a very good player.
Burty punched above his weight on many occasions.
He will be a valuable asset to the Club for a while yet.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
A thousand tries, a million games. He might be remembered for his weaknesses but at least he'll be remembered. Plus he got paid - Luke Burt is set up for life while the OP is just some deadshit working nine to five.

But probably long-term unemployed.

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
I'm not trolling, I'm stating facts.
Burt is no doubt the most overrated player to ever put on a sports jersey.

Parra Pride

Coach
I'm not trolling, I'm stating facts.
Burt is no doubt the most overrated player to ever put on a sports jersey.

Parramatta's highest ever try score, although I suppose the old record was only held by some scrub call Brett Kenny, nothing special I suppose.

8th highest point scorer in NRL history, but I suppose scoring so many points is so easy that useless scrubs like Andrew Johns and Jason Taylor do it too.

#You'reAnIdiot

Eels Dude

Coach
Are you the same Pantha Boy who got banned from the forums for writing uneducated s**t trolling other clubs forums? If so, I have mates that know you personally and they call you the Fat Kid from Hey Dad.

hindy111

Post Whore
Luke lewis great player wanted out
frank pritchard great player wanted out
craig gower great player wanted out
brad fitler great player wanted out
gordon great player wanted out

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Burt pretty much had a hand in St Merges first 3 tries, but he he kicked 1 from 1 and signed some autographs after the game. I'm sorry but at any other club he would have been turfed ages ago. Sure he was a more than handy first grader once upon a time but that time has long past. Seems a fantastic bloke and clubman but like i said this club refuses to make the hard decisions hopefully Ricky can remedy all that. Probably not the time and place but FMD him getting the grand fairwell with Hindy is laughable.

He again was clearly the worst player on the field. Not really the time or place for me to add my thoughts. The nicest I can say is he seems a lovely bloke, was a good goal kicker and a good mate of Hindy's. Hindy said he was happy to be going out with Burt, and thats enough for me.

Springs

First Grade
Burt pretty much had a hand in St Merges first 3 tries, but he he kicked 1 from 1 and signed some autographs after the game. I'm sorry but at any other club he would have been turfed ages ago. Sure he was a more than handy first grader once upon a time but that time has long past. Seems a fantastic bloke and clubman but like i said this club refuses to make the hard decisions hopefully Ricky can remedy all that. Probably not the time and place but FMD him getting the grand fairwell with Hindy is laughable.

No it's not the time or place so what exactly is the point of saying it? He's retired, he's not going to be playing for Parramatta anymore so I don't see why any dickheads should find need to whinge about him anymore.

Great clubman and great pointscorer. Didn't have the best year but deserves to be remembered as a Parramatta great. Well done Luke Burt on a fantastic career.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No it's not the time or place so what exactly is the point of saying it? He's retired, he's not going to be playing for Parramatta anymore so I don't see why any dickheads should find need to whinge about him anymore.

Great clubman and great pointscorer. Didn't have the best year but deserves to be remembered as a Parramatta great. Well done Luke Burt on a fantastic career.
Didn't have the best year??? :lol: He was a walking corpse for most of it. I may have posted that last night after a few too many and pissed off at the teams effort but FMD he was without doubt the biggest protacted species to pull on a Parra jersey. Hayne,Hindy,Mannah,Lasalo,Tautai,Keating,Sio,Blair,Keating,Poore have at certain times copped it deluxe on here so why should our favourite autograpther signer be any different???? And i stand by what i said last night any other club would have tapped him on the shoulder years ago another reason why are down in the cellar.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Even the most ardent Luke Burt fan would say that he overstayed his welcoming but that doesn't negate the rest of his career. As an ardent Hindmarsh supporter I laugh at negative propaganda that his attacking game has been rubbish since he was a regular for origin and his defense despite being solid with a high work rate was a lot of 3rd man in and whilst there may be an element of truth to some of it, that doesn't negate the rest of Hindmarsh's achievements, his high work rate and his massive heart and passion for Parramatta. They both have achieved great things for us and in the last decade have easily been our two most influential players. Burt probably just left it a little later than he should have and Hindmarsh probably would if he stayed on too. At Burts size it was his youth, speed and football brain that propelled him into glory and it was time to close the curtains now as without the peak of his first two you can't defend against the bigger guys nearly as well.

Basically this is a troll thread but I fed it in case anyone buys into any "negative propaganda" that both these legends have faced. Tremendous athletes and stars of the club, will be forever and there isn't a damn thing that could happen, including getting thrashed in their last game, that could change that.

LU has become a mental hospital for jaded fans with tall poppy syndrome.

Last edited: