What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honourable exit guys

TruSaint

Referee
The boys lifted for 2 legends in front of a massive partsan crowd. Just got back.
Very proud, Nughty, Hunt, Merrin, all standouts and our halves were superb. De Belin is a supsertar in making.
Soweis runaway try was a gem.
The crtics will say too little too late.. true, but the red V shone bright tonight.
Until next year friends.

Breathingfire

Juniors
De Belin was strong but I don't know about superstar...I wouldn't have even given him the man of the match.

Prior had a good game tonight...shame he threw that f**king ridiculous pass that allowed the Eels the field position to give Hindmarsh a moment of glory (yes I begrudge him that ;-))

I thought Hornby was fantastic tonight! A game that typified his whole career; effort!

Dean Young; effort!

They both dug deep under the circumstances and I could not be a more proud supporter tonight. The memories I will have of both these players will always be very special. True champions of the game and the mighty Red V! :D

TruSaint

Referee
De Belin was strong but I don't know about superstar...I wouldn't have even given him the man of the match.

Prior had a good game tonight...shame he threw that f**king ridiculous pass that allowed the Eels the field position to give Hindmarsh a moment of glory (yes I begrudge him that ;-))

I thought Hornby was fantastic tonight! A game that typified his whole career; effort!

Dean Young; effort!

They both dug deep under the circumstances and I could not be a more proud supporter tonight. The memories I will have of both these players will always be very special. True champions of the game and the mighty Red V! :D

Well said. I watched DeBelin closely tomnight mate, his support play was first rate, and is still growing. His tackles are text book. Time will tell, but i stand by my opinion. Lets hope. BTW who was MOM?

TruSaint

Referee
Interesting stat from tonight

Despite both teams being out of finals contention, 45,863 fans flocked to the retirement party - the largest crowd for a non-double header in Sydney since Balmain played South Sydney at the SCG in 1969.

TheRev

First Grade
the game was played in good spirits too, granted we were in front for 80 minutes, which made that easier.

eels seemed to fold pretty early when things didnt go their way, their confidence is obviously in the toilet after this year.

Minh

First Grade
Im gonna miss these two legends, seems like they've been around forever, so happy that both go out as premiership winners, I will never forget 2010 and our grand final win.

TruSaint

Referee
Im gonna miss these two legends, seems like they've been around forever, so happy that both go out as premiership winners, I will never forget 2010 and our grand final win.

On ya Minh... Young gave what was left, all heart.
Bennys try took us back 10 years.
Raise a glass to these champs, i just wish we gave them a more memorable farewell. Compare the Hollywood preview for the Eels champs, and our effort at Win. Oh well.

I enjoyed that one. Great end to Fathers Day.

And I hope Ben and Dean enjoyed their last game in front of the large crowd.
Good to see Benny get that try.

After the game, I went onto the ground thinking i might get some pics.
But I guess with their young children around, they had to keep the crowd at a safe distance.

Oh well.... I should have been at WIN last week.

Best for the future boys.
I loved ya work!!!

hod.

jenninga

First Grade

Dean Young; effort!

I have said in another thread how proud i am of the players finishing the season with passion for each other and the Red V.Cheers to Benny and Deano and the effort the boys put in the last 2 games showed the spirit in the team.
I hope we can take this spirit into the 2013,just thinking about it i am happy for Coops to have 1 more season to inspire the younger guys now that the big 2 have retired.

Interesting stat from tonight

Despite both teams being out of finals contention, 45,863 fans flocked to the retirement party - the largest crowd for a non-double header in Sydney since Balmain played South Sydney at the SCG in 1969.

That's a dubious stat and rang alarm bells as soon as I read it. I happened to be at a normal club match (not a double header or finals match) at the SCG in 1974 between Easts and Manly which cracked the 50,000 attendance.

Easts 3t 3g 15 Date:Sat 04-May-1974 Venue:S.C.G. Crowd:50,130
Manly 1t 1g 5 Easts won by 10 pts

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/seas/1974.html

silverfox

Juniors
i started the game thinking a draw would be good. As soon as our guys ran out lead by captain courageous and the parra mob booed, i changed. Where were these pelicans all year. Bloke behind me decked out in new parra gear asked why hayne wasnt playing!!!

saint06

Juniors
Very proud of the boys.

As its been said - good to see Benny get over. If only Hunt hadn't made a meal of the second one.

And Soward looked like a peanut firing up like he did when scored - where has that been all year? Not just the last game when our season was over.

Biglance

Bench
i started the game thinking a draw would be good. As soon as our guys ran out lead by captain courageous and the parra mob booed, i changed. Where were these pelicans all year. Bloke behind me decked out in new parra gear asked why hayne wasnt playing!!!

I agree, i was thinking draw would have been nice but when they booed hornby and young and then mouthed off about Josh Miller being soft, so i thought stuff em lets belt em

What about the Fox commentators re the big hit by Hindmarsh on Miller. They forgot to mention he'd already been KO'd by Maitua before Hindmarsh even got near him.