What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early tip: Sandow won't see out his contract

Avenger

Immortal
I was all for him signing for us but I just cannot see Sandow seeing out his contract. Last night I watched my only game live all season (out of respect for Hindmarsh) paying particular attention to our number 7. Sandow was awful. Withoubt doubt the worst and dumbest defender I have ever seen. Again for the 100th time he tried a stupid shoulder charge missing completely. I appreciate our forwards were woeful but his organisational ability along with his kicking game were crap.

He has been a massive disappointment in 2012 and I cannot see Stuart persevering with him beyond 2013. Just my gut feel. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I think Luke Kelly will end up being our number 7 by the middle of 2013.

Last edited:

jason taylor

Bench
Luke Kelly and Sandow should be our halves round 1 next season. Knowing Ricky it will be Hayne and Sandow.

I don't fully agree with Sterlo, Sandow did go bang yesterday, the only reason why we actually scored a try.

IFR33K

Coach
I can't see us being a title contender with sandow. I just don't think he has organizing skills.

Hope I'm wrong, because he does have some very goods aspects to his game. Just depends if Stuart can improve his game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Luke Kelly and Sandow should be our halves round 1 next season.

Yep.

Knowing Ricky it will be Hayne and Sandow.

Possibly.

I don't fully agree with Sterlo, Sandow did go bang yesterday, the only reason why we actually scored a try.

Not only that, but how often has Sandow seen a retreating defensive line this year? He's been involved in plenty but he hasn't been presented with many to run at.

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
Sandow is a tough little competitor but only goes well in a team that can let him work his intuitive magic (again, the chip and chase from last night that looked eerily similar to one he did in the lower grades before his NRL debut). Don't be ridiculous, I honestly think without him we would have been in the market for when we would win our first game well into the last double digit rounds. A disappointing buy in a disappointing season but easily in our top 5 players of the year get a grip you f**king loonies.

Also that wide out running shoulder charge is a tried and true tactic to make the opposition scared to run it and to absolutely belt someone. It's morale boosting and is DELIBERATELY encouraged by the coach and I for one love it. Have you noticed he doesn't go for it on our own line... that's because he only does it when it is safe to do so! No one was saying that when he did it against the Warriors I believe, made the guy drop the ball and he scored.

Last edited:

The Colonel

Immortal
I am a big fan of Kelly but seriously get a grip.... our soft c**k forward pack are the main reason for his poor performance this season. When he actually was able to get good field position we won games....... 8 through 13 and the four sitting on the bench need a HUGE rocket before anyone else particularly our backline.

Any more scapegoats because there were at least 17 on the field last night and plenty more throughout the year???

Avenger

Immortal
I am a big fan of Kelly but seriously get a grip.... our soft c**k forward pack are the main reason for his poor performance this season. When he actually was able to get good field position we won games....... 8 through 13 and the four sitting on the bench need a HUGE rocket before anyone else particularly our backline.

Any more scapegoats because there were at least 17 on the field last night and plenty more throughout the year???

Not using him as a scapegoat. Just do not think he will last especially seeing that our forwards will be even weaker next year.

bartman

Immortal
I think Sandow deserves the benefit of the doubt and one season under a coach that might actually teach him something and develop his play, before the knives come out.

Not many of our players can hold their heads high about their efforts over 26 rounds, so Sandow is not alone there. But it's been a horrible two seasons at Parra, and being stuck with a dud coach who can't develop your game in any way shape or form is no place for a young footballer in any position, let alone halfback. (On a side note, we get to watch two of our former halves who weren't considered up to it at Parra by many play semi finals footy this week - for clubs where they have thrived under better coaches than we have had in the meantime... puts it all into perspective imo.)

Swiftstylez

Bench
Our forwards actually can't get any weaker with the exception of Hindmarsh leaving. Any tough cookies like Lussick that pack some grunt like Moi Moi are all good in my books, even if we have to look to lower grades. 2013 will be as much of a challenge as this year but with hopefully improved results

Swiftstylez

Bench
I think Sandow deserves the benefit of the doubt and one season under a coach that might actually teach him something and develop his play, before the knives come out.

Not many of our players can hold their heads high about their efforts over 26 rounds, so Sandow is not alone there. But it's been a horrible two seasons at Parra, and being stuck with a dud coach who can't develop your game in any way shape or form is no place for a young footballer in any position, let alone halfback. (On a side note, we get to watch two of our former halves who weren't considered up to it at Parra by many play semi finals footy this week - for clubs where they have thrived under better coaches than we have had in the meantime... puts it all into perspective imo.)

Sandow's highlight reel in 2012 > than any other Eels highlight reel in 2012. End of story. Without him we would not have reached double digits on the ladder.

The Colonel

Immortal
Not using him as a scapegoat. Just do not think he will last especially seeing that our forwards will be even weaker next year.

So excatly how does changing our halfback strengthen our forward pack??? Kelly won't make any difference playing behind a pack of busteds....

Avenger

Immortal
So excatly how does changing our halfback strengthen our forward pack??? Kelly won't make any difference playing behind a pack of busteds....

He has more organizational ability and may direct the forwards to run better lines. At the moment Sandow looks like he is playing touch footy.

The Colonel

Immortal
He has more organizational ability and may direct the forwards to run better lines. At the moment Sandow looks like he is playing touch footy.

I like Kelly and feel he will add much to the organisation but highly doubt that a halves pairing involving Hayne/Kelly will be anymore successful than Kelly/Sandow until our forwards can roll foward off the hooker and create some room for our halves to be able to attack in better lines..... Sandow's individual brilliance kept us in the game. Organisational skills wouldn't have because we were out muscled and dominated in the ruck due to a lack of size not because of the lines that were run.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
(On a side note, we get to watch two of our former halves who weren't considered up to it at Parra by many play semi finals footy this week - for clubs where they have thrived under better coaches than we have had in the meantime... puts it all into perspective imo.)

Do these halves happen to be playing behind big, hard forward packs? Or did you not consider that in your desperation to find a scapegoat?

bartman

Immortal
(Does a good coach develop the talents and abilities of the forward packs, so that they grow into big and hard merkins... Does a good coach recruit to build their packs into the big and hard units that work together to win matches... Or does all this happen totally randomly at some clubs, giving our poor-performing coaches the ultimate easy excuse?)

strider

Post Whore
scapegoat.jpg

Latest posts