What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early tip: Sandow won't see out his contract

Ratchy

Juniors
I would agree with the title as well. Forget our forwards, some of the just dumb things Sandow kept doing week in, week out makes me think he is a lost cause. His shoulder charges are one thing, but once we got into the attacking 20, he only had one play - kick to the corner.

I just hope that with Ricky in charge, he will really coach him. If he can't apply himself and have disipline under Ricky, he will be cut loose.

WTF....forget the forwards?? Have a look at the top 4 teams this year, all dominant forward packs :crazy:

Eels Dude

Coach
Forwards are our biggest problem no doubt, but Parramatta1947 is correct in that there are a lot of dumb things Sandow needs to get out of his game. Otherwise he'll cost us matches in games where our forward pack does dominate. Sometimes he comes across quite a selfish player. I get the impression he'd go ballistic if he kicked a field goal to turn a 40-6 deficit into 40-7 just for nailing it right. He sets up a lot of tries for himself but not so many for others, and when he's attacking in the opposition 20 he doesn't have much creativity and is quite predictable.

Suitman

Post Whore
Forwards are our biggest problem no doubt, but Parramatta1947 is correct in that there are a lot of dumb things Sandow needs to get out of his game. Otherwise he'll cost us matches in games where our forward pack does dominate. Sometimes he comes across quite a selfish player. I get the impression he'd go ballistic if he kicked a field goal to turn a 40-6 deficit into 40-7 just for nailing it right. He sets up a lot of tries for himself but not so many for others, and when he's attacking in the opposition 20 he doesn't have much creativity and is quite predictable.

I agree with most of your post but the bit in red would have to go down as one of the dumbest things you've ever said.

Suity

Kornstar

Coach

We nearly tore the stadium down when Hindy made it 39-8 instead of 39-6 :lol:

fish eel

Immortal
I actually think Sandow went much better when Kearney was punted. Naturally he struggled behind our weakest pack in years, but I think he'll go much better next year under Stuart.

I actually think Sandow went much better when Kearney was punted. Naturally he struggled behind our weakest pack in years, but I think he'll go much better next year under Stuart.

sandow also went better when he was paired with kelly instead of roberts

bartman

Immortal
Yep, this. At least he's a chance of learning something and developing his game in the next season.
So many factors!!!

But I'm blaming Kearney.
And this (even though you were attempting sarcasm).

Avenger

Immortal
I was all for him signing for us but I just cannot see Sandow seeing out his contract. Last night I watched my only game live all season (out of respect for Hindmarsh) paying particular attention to our number 7. Sandow was awful. Withoubt doubt the worst and dumbest defender I have ever seen. Again for the 100th time he tried a stupid shoulder charge missing completely. I appreciate our forwards were woeful but his organisational ability along with his kicking game were crap.

He has been a massive disappointment in 2012 and I cannot see Stuart persevering with him beyond 2013. Just my gut feel. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I think Luke Kelly will end up being our number 7 by the middle of 2013.

History repeats.

jason taylor

Bench
Yep, I doubt Kelly will end up as half back this season Avenger. Sandow will retain his spot purely because there's no one better on the books.

Latest posts