What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did we end up here?

Jodeci

Bench
The club obviously to a punt with getting SK on the thoughts that he was highly respected by Wayne Bennett and also Craig Bellamy.

On top of the fact he is the current New Zealand Test Coach as well plus showed the club a vision/plan that over time will eventually happen though in 2 years the writing was on the wall and the club acted by firstly he resigning and we signed the best available coach out there at the time.

It's a lesson the club has learnt and with Sticky coming in, we now rebuild for 2013 come Monday when he takes over.

2013 wont be easy especially for the fans but you only need to look at the positives Sticky will bring in with his strong relationships with not only Hayne but the majority of the blues squad and emergancy squads plus his work in the media and has experience in his coaching career.

Pazza

First Grade
The club obviously to a punt with getting SK on the thoughts that he was highly respected by Wayne Bennett and also Craig Bellamy.

On top of the fact he is the current New Zealand Test Coach as well plus showed the club a vision/plan that over time will eventually happen though in 2 years the writing was on the wall and the club acted by firstly he resigning and we signed the best available coach out there at the time.

It's a lesson the club has learnt and with Sticky coming in, we now rebuild for 2013 come Monday when he takes over.

2013 wont be easy especially for the fans but you only need to look at the positives Sticky will bring in with his strong relationships with not only Hayne but the majority of the blues squad and emergancy squads plus his work in the media and has experience in his coaching career.

You've summed It up quite well, Kearney came highly recommended by some of the biggest names in the game. Coupled with this false idea that Parramatta had to dump the 'parraball' style of footy for the Melbourne style of play, following the GF loss to the Storm. This shift in mentality pre dates SK, Anderson was trying to change our style in 2010 to something more conservative.

Also the decision by Anderson to chop so many quality first graders in the pursuit of q cooper and cronk left us down on a lot of experience.

I am glad Ricky is coming next year, I think his attitude towards rock solid defense and fitness will make this side far more competitive. We are going to need time to develop and recruit before we can challenge for the tittle but I think it will come.

Gronk

Staff member
Bartman said:
Who cares ?

This kind of closed-mindedness pretty much sums you up.

Taking random sentences out of context is a pretty low way to try and win an argument. You seem to do that a lot. Forum protocol is that you show the entire paragraph and bold the text you wish to make comment on.

Happy for a Mod or forum elder to correct me if I am wrong.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well gee Gronk, I'd say you're probably correct. But if we removed all the dirty tactics from what passes for debate around here we would have no discussion. Case in point is when anyone tries to present a logical argument only to have it dismissed, ridiculed or ignored. They must wonder why they bothered.

Another example is inconsistent policing of the rules - here you are calling me out on what you perceive to be a dirty tactic, when the fact is this shit happens every day. But you ignore it when the people you don't like are on the receiving end.

You're a f**king hypocrite.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Well gee Gronk, I'd say you're probably correct. But if we removed all the dirty tactics from what passes for debate around here we would have no discussion. Case in point is when anyone tries to present a logical argument only to have it dismissed, ridiculed or ignored. They must wonder why they bothered.

Another example is inconsistent policing of the rules - here you are calling me out on what you perceive to be a dirty tactic, when the fact is this shit happens every day. But you ignore it when the people you don't like are on the receiving end.

You're a f**king hypocrite.

good arguement

Sorry if your ego took a hit mate. That was not my intention.

not a good arguement.

Talking to a bloke the other day who was on the coaching staff through Fitzgeralds reign and he said that 3P have got rid of anyone that was around before they hit town. He also believes they are just a bunch of rich guys with considerable egos that want to hang around footballers. I can't see any real hope of a top half finish next year.
What's the alternative?

Suitman

Post Whore
Talking to a bloke the other day who was on the coaching staff through Fitzgeralds reign and he said that 3P have got rid of anyone that was around before they hit town. He also believes they are just a bunch of rich guys with considerable egos that want to hang around footballers.

wow.

I'm hanging on for any more unbiased gossip that bloke can give us.
Can you get us any more info. He sounds the goods.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
Talking to a bloke the other day who was on the coaching staff through Fitzgeralds reign and he said that 3P have got rid of anyone that was around before they hit town. He also believes they are just a bunch of rich guys with considerable egos that want to hang around footballers. I can't see any real hope of a top half finish next year.
What's the alternative?

a different bunch of guys who want to hang around footballers

Latest posts