What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know what sh*ts me?

Utey

Coach
Life is not a fairy tale. Shit happens. As far as I am concerned, we won in 2009. Record books might say otherwise.

Nup, we both walked out of that stadium knowing we lost that game. Winning a GF is all about the moment.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Sh*ts me Jacques Kallis never has won a world cup but Tom Moody has won 2

Not a bad haggis thrower though....

Angry_eel

First Grade
Nup, we both walked out of that stadium knowing we lost that game. Winning a GF is all about the moment.

Come one, neither of us knew we were playing a cheating team. We though they were the best things we'd ever seen.

Eels Dude

Coach
Of all the players to play 300 games or more, I think Hindy, ET, and Geoff Gerard are the only three to not win premierships. That's two out of three that played for the Eels.

Eels Dude

Coach
Come one, neither of us knew we were playing a cheating team. We though they were the best things we'd ever seen.

Do you get a sense of about winning in 2009 though? Even if the NRL had awarded us the title once the Storm were stripped it wouldn't have been the same.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Do you get a sense of about winning in 2009 though? Even if the NRL had awarded us the title once the Storm were stripped it wouldn't have been the same.

Yes! I understand why they did not award it to us as the Storm beat just about everyone else in the competition too. However, does that lower out achievement? I doubt it.

Anyways, this is about Hindy and so for him I will say its sad that he never won the premiership(2009 or otherwise).

TheParraboy

Staff member
Of all the players to play 300 games or more, I think Hindy, ET, and Geoff Gerard are the only three to not win premierships. That's two out of three that played for the Eels.

GG decided to go to Manly from 1981 "to a team that can win a premiership"

Then the eels won 3 comps in a row , inc two agaisnt Manly in the GF :D

I hate that the likes of Manly and the Dogs can win a premiership every decade. When I believe we are more resourceful in terms of juniors, ability to raise money to run a footy team and have a great fan base and we are just mongs that follow a team run by a Conga line of merkins that always seem to fall short since 86.
I feel like I've been short changed.
SHOW ME THE MONEY

strider

Post Whore
I hate that the likes of Manly and the Dogs can win a premiership every decade. When I believe we are more resourceful in terms of juniors, ability to raise money to run a footy team and have a great fan base and we are just mongs that follow a team run by a Conga line of merkins that always seem to fall short since 86.
I feel like I've been short changed.
SHOW ME THE MONEY

:lol: :lol: :lol:

parra pete

Referee
He'll probably end up never winning a Premiership. Karma's a bitch

Another Geoff Gerard

He was never going to get one at Cronulla, that's for sure...That makes him a good judge if you ask me!!! Every final game the Raiders win, takes him closer to the victory lap....not over yet....

Latest posts