What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah calls on PM to crack down on Twitter abuse

grouch

First Grade
Looks like Julia Gillard has responded swiftly to that tweet by omitting Farah from her PM's XIII to play PNG. That should stop the troll

128855424907812609.jpg

bottle

Coach
This thing is taking on the aura of that ad for the new 'Madagascar' movie, with the whole 'Circus, circus, polka dot, affro' feel.

El Diablo

Post Whore
News Ltd attacking Farah but seem to have forgotten they were caught out last year http://blogs.crikey.com.au/purepois...-publish-a-call-to-assassinate-julia-gillard/

Did the Herald Sun publish a call to assassinate Julia Gillard?
July 16, 2011 – 9:58 am, by Jeremy Sear

If you look through the last few Cut & Paste Trophy threads you’ll find lots of comments that we’ve seen, published by News Ltd, by hysterical readers saying they wouldn’t be surprised if someone assassinated Brown or Gillard, demanding that “something must be done” to get rid of this government, desperately hoping that its slim majority can be… reduced.

But you wouldn’t think the Herald Sun would actually publish a specific, undeniable call for assassination, would you?

If this screenshot is accurate – and we don’t know which post it was from – then we’d say News Ltd is flat-out publishing incitements to violence now, of the most despicable and disturbing kind:

343314841-600x94.jpg

An actual call to assassinate the Prime Minister, published by a major media organisation. A call to do it urgently, with a paranoid cry that she’s going to “destroy our way of life”.

Published by News Ltd rather than, say, referred to the AFP.

Inciting fear and hatred, and then gleefully publishing the results. And I suppose they’ll act all shocked and innocent if one of their crazy readers goes and does something terrible.

Wests Tigers Captain Robbie Farah has issued the following statement.
I have written to Prime Minister Julia Gillard today to apologise for any hurt caused by a tweet I posted in 2011.
As you are aware I have been vocal in recent days about criticising those who say some pretty disgraceful things through social media and I have appreciated your support in relation to that cause.
It is an experience that has highlighted the hurtful nature of unthinking comments and even those which are sometimes put forward as ‘black humour’.
In the course of this I have been alerted to a ‘tweet’ I made last year in relation to the Prime Minister which was in hindsight clearly offensive.
At the time I did think about what I had done and removed the ‘tweet’ soon after posting it but that of course doesn’t repair the damage.
I make no excuse and offer my sincere apologies. I can only say that I have learnt a lot in recent days and I hope that everyone in the community can learn about the pain that we can cause through such comments.
Hopefully the whole situation will only serve to encourage everyone to think about what we are really saying before we hit the ‘send’ key.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news-display/Robbie-Farah-statement/63830

They+See+Me+Trollin_307283_3157377.jpg

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I have written to Prime Minister Julia Gillard today to apologise for any hurt caused by a tweet I posted in 2011.
As you are aware I have been vocal in recent days about criticising those who say some pretty disgraceful things through social media and I have appreciated your support in relation to that cause.
It is an experience that has highlighted the hurtful nature of unthinking comments and even those which are sometimes put forward as ?black humour?.
In the course of this I have been alerted to a ?tweet? I made last year in relation to the Prime Minister which was in hindsight clearly offensive.
At the time I did think about what I had done and removed the ?tweet? soon after posting it but that of course doesn?t repair the damage.
I make no excuse and offer my sincere apologies. I can only say that I have learnt a lot in recent days and I hope that everyone in the community can learn about the pain that we can cause through such comments.
Hopefully the whole situation will only serve to encourage everyone to think about what we are really saying before we hit the ?send? key.

Good on him for being a man and admitting it. This whole situation is ridiculous though.

Frailty

First Grade
It is an experience that has highlighted the hurtful nature of unthinking comments and even those which are sometimes put forward as ?black humour?.
In the course of this I have been alerted to a ?tweet? I made last year in relation to the Prime Minister which was in hindsight clearly offensive.
At the time I did think about what I had done and removed the ?tweet? soon after posting it but that of course doesn?t repair the damage.
Hopefully the whole situation will only serve to encourage everyone to think about what we are really saying before we hit the ?send? key.

f**k he is such a wanker....

*re-reads what I wrote...

*Clicks 'Submit Reply'

undertaker

Coach
I'm a NSW supporter and I must say that the day that both Farah and Gallen are out of the NSW Origin side will be one of the best days in RL history. With the amount of incessant bitching, whining and grubby plays they've pulled off over the last few years, I've had enough of both of them. Neither of them are fit for leadership places in any RL side and both Tigers and Sharks fans should feel disgusted they have players like those two in their sides.

And a big LOL to all the ppl (predominantly Sharks supporters like Slothfield) who still think that Gallen is the man to lead us to an Origin series victory. Keep on dreaming guys...keep on dreaming

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
I'll admit, with his admitted love of diving and whinging all the time my respect for Gallen has gone down.

Latest posts