What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
@AndrewRLP (Tigers fan - think he posts as madunit on LU):

Ryan gone, Heington going, rumors of Farah to Parramatta. Yet Sheens nor Humphries need to be reviewed? #sacksheens #sackhumphries

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I have been assured heighington is a done deal with sharks - source is a person very close to beau ryan. I find in hard that the sharks would want another back rower - so not to sure if it is true or not

parra pete

Referee
Sheens is the biggest myth in RL.

???????

Successful coaches Bellamy, Maguire, Furner, Daley, Stuart, Henry, Meninga......all were tutored by Tim Sheens... bloody myth alright???? :lol:
You're joking, of course..got me in there for a while....shit stirrer....."ya can't bullshit a bullshitter"

Eels Dude

Coach
???????

Successful coaches Bellamy, Maguire, Furner, Daley, Stuart, Henry, Meninga......all were tutored by Tim Sheens... bloody myth alright???? :lol:
You're joking, of course..got me in there for a while....shit stirrer....."ya can't bullshit a bullshitter"

What's he done?

Bazal

Post Whore
???????

:lol::lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
???????

3 finals series since he left Can-Brrrrrrra a side Langmack could have coached to a comp. A 37% winning rate since he left Can-Brrrrrrrra ask Tigers fans whatthey think of him or Cowboys.

Ratchy

Juniors
I think that James from the Titans is more than likely Poore's replacement.

Is that just a rumour or actually true?, because if it is true James better offer more than he has the last 2 weeks in the Q Cup semis where has been fairly average.

Snoochies

First Grade
NORTH Queensland have moved a step closer to securing James Tamou, with wooden spooners Parramatta resigned to the Blues enforcer pledging his future to the Cowboys.
Tamou has been linked with the Eels by virtue of his relationship with new coach Ricky Stuart, who convinced the 113kg man mountain to renounce his Kiwi ties to play under him at Origin level.
But the Eels believe they are long odds to lure Tamou, given the Test prop's breakthrough season in which he helped the Cowboys reach the finals.
The 23-year-old could attract offers exceeding $500,000 a season on the open market, but Tamou says he has no plans to quit the Cowboys club that threw him a lifeline from the Roosters in 2009.
"North Queensland is a great town, we have a great fan base and I couldn't ask for more," he said.
"Hopefully, we can go further (next season) ... the Cowboys gave me a real opportunity and I want to repay them for that."

The rampaging Tamou is a priority re-signing, but the club faces retention headaches with star contingent Matt Scott, Johnathan Thurston, Matt Bowen, Brent Tate and Dallas Johnson also off contract at the end of next season.
"I would like to think we can keep them all, hopefully," said chief executive Peter Jourdain.
Tamou, Scott, Tate and Thurston have been added to Australia's train-on squad for next month's one-off trans-Tasman Test in Townsville.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...th-cowboys-again/story-e6frep7f-1226476033815

Gronk

Staff member
Here's one to fire up RAM.

THIS time last year, Jorge Taufua was working in a bottle shop at Prospect and nursing a worrisome footy hangover from season 2011.

But nevertheless, he was happy.
"I was working at the bottle shop on the highway there at Prospect ... it was probably the best time of my life," the quietly spoken Sea Eagles winger said.
After his performances over the past two Friday nights, Taufua might have to take stock of that statement.
Last week, his return of 246 running metres and 14 tackle busts was lost amid the autopsy into where the premiers went wrong against Canterbury.
But an even better performance last night was there for all to see, and it has delivered the most remarkable rags-to-riches story of this year's finals series.
A Wentworthville junior, Taufua made Toyota Cup level at Parramatta before being told there was no future for him at the club. Infatuated with his stocky 102kg frame, Eels coaches tried to manufacture Taufua into a second-rower. But as he has proved with more runs than Sachin Tendulkar in the past fortnight, the 20-year-old thrives in open spaces.
"We probably didn't see eye-to-eye," he revealed. "They (Eels) wanted me to play a different position."
So before Taufua joined Tony Williams, David Williams and Jamie Buhrer as yet another Parramatta junior to lob in the Sea Eagles' nest there was tremendous uncertainty as he spent the off-season selling crates of beer and labouring.
"We were probably having Mad Monday with the under-20s (this time last year)," Taufua said. "I was just hanging around, scratching my head and thinking about what I would do (in 2012)."
Now Taufua is just 80 minutes away from a grand final in his NRL rookie season. Not bad for a kid who wakes at 6am some mornings to confront a huge train and bus commute from Rooty Hill to Manly's training base at Narrabeen.
"I don't want to put the mock on him, but he's a really good kid and taken every challenge he's received this year and come out the other side," Manly coach Geoff Toovey said. "I was pretty disappointed not to see him get the Rookie of the Year."
A premiership ring would be a fair consolation, but first they must overcome arch-rivals Melbourne at AAMI Park next Friday night.
Having missed last year's premiership with a torn pectoral muscle, co-captain Jason King is again doubtful with a shoulder injury. And then there's Manly's last September visit to Bleak City in 2009, when they were thrashed by nearly 50 points.
"We got flogged," five-eighth Kieran Foran recalled.
"I don't remember much apart from standing behind the try-line.
"It's tougher playing them down there. We're going to have to go up another level this week."
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/nr...a-eagles-in-2012/story-fn7shzfu-1226474548437

Status
Not open for further replies.