What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah considers offer from Eels

bartman

Immortal
Nice one, welcome Robbie!

After the disaster of the Kearney tenure, with Ricky we must now be looking like a stable option compared to some other clubs?

If Farah does come, I hope he can leave his twitter days behind him at the Tigers!

Note, that the article does not say the Farah is considering an offer from the Eels for 2013 (while he is under contract to the Tigers). I don't see any news in the Farah part of the article.

Jodeci

Bench
Just for the record, we haven't even spoken to him.

Tigers have bigger issues, they only kept Lote cause they owe him money and Blair's contract has some. 3rd party which he hasn't seen any money yet

strider

Post Whore
you know there's blood in the water when you see statements like this ...

Wests Magpies director Rick Wayde said the state of Balmain's finances should soon change the perception about who was the dominant partner in the merger. ''Balmain people might then need to ask, 'Wests, can you help us? There's a huge [financial] burden at the moment,'' Wayde said. ''There's an element who'd like to pay [Sheens] out but they can't come up with the money … and Balmain couldn't come up with their half of the payout at this time.''

mergers are bad .... how many years is it now and there is still an us-and-them menatality .... i hope parra never merge with anyone - its never likely to pan out well

Pazza

First Grade
Atleast we are in a far better bargaining position with Stuart as coach than previous years. Let's just hope we are competitive next year to give us the best hope of attracting talent in 2014.

fanaticeel

Juniors
The Farrah rumour has been around for a while and he has consistently denied it. Nothing will happen while he's contracted to the Tigers, even if he asked for a release I doubt the WestsTigers would release him. They'd find some way to smooth over the cracks. 2014 however could be a different story with Farrah off contract (I'm not sure if this it right, I read it somewhere on the forum but can't remember where). So may be one more year of pain then a big spending spree circa 1997 may be on the cards.

Ollie Webb

Juniors
Just for the record, we haven't even spoken to him.

Tigers have bigger issues, they only kept Lote cause they owe him money and Blair's contract has some. 3rd party which he hasn't seen any money yet

You can also throw in Benji who has 3rd Party money owing.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Farah will be 30 before the 2014 season. He is classy so he would have to have a couple more years left in him. Although probably past his best.

Tooooks

Bench
Nowhere does it say Eels have given him an offer and nowhere does it say he's considering it. All assumptions based on rumour and innuendo.