What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interstate Grand Final Coverage

Perth Red

Post Whore
No post-match on Ch 9 in Melb is ordinary considering the Storm are playing.

Ordinary? I would call it fricking outrageous! Only NRL would allow it without putting up a murmour. I was hoping the ARLC might have a bit more balls when it came to this sort of thing but it would appear not. :x

Panfas

Juniors
Funny how the NT get everything
Why? NT are just as much NRL as they are AFL, it is a clear 50/50 state. They also get the NRL footy show live and the AFL one on delay.

No surprises they are showing the full coverage.

LJC

Juniors
It is ridiculous that rugby league does not have a free to air presence in NZ! ARLC decisions like staging the Grand final at 7pm is another problem for the game in NZ. NZ will now see future GFs way past 9pm and still on Pay TV!

Their are some very inconsiderate and short sighted decisions being made on behalf of the game and I dont see it getting any better unless they get a really proactive and game respecting administrator on board. One that sees growth as an asset and not some pie in the sky pursuit! The game is good enough!

It deserves greater exposure but the powers that be within and outside the game are not proactively allowing this to to happen!

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's staggering that the ARLC is allowing Ch9 to get away with not showing the full day in Melbourne when A) Storm are in it and B) we are trying to grow the game there and C) it will get massive ratings

Perth Red

Post Whore
It is ridiculous that rugby league does not have a free to air presence in NZ! ARLC decisions like staging the Grand final at 7pm is another problem for the game in NZ. NZ will now see future GFs way past 9pm and still on Pay TV!

Their are some very inconsiderate and short sighted decisions being made on behalf of the game and I dont see it getting any better unless they get a really proactive and game respecting administrator on board. One that sees growth as an asset and not some pie in the sky pursuit! The game is good enough!

It deserves greater exposure but the powers that be within and outside the game are not proactively allowing this to to happen!

I was hoping with the back of News Ltd and Gallop we would see the ARLC take some leadership and new ideas about growing the game and our markets. So far the signs are not good that they will be anything other than looking to contnue to look inwardly at the two states the game is strong in. Maybe the strategic intent document in Oct will give us something to cheer?

Brutus

Referee
It's staggering that the ARLC is allowing Ch9 to get away with not showing the full day in Melbourne when A) Storm are in it and B) we are trying to grow the game there and C) it will get massive ratings

I fully agree.

El Diablo

Post Whore

the ARLC had nothing to do with the current deal

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Funny how the NT get everything

The Imparja Network, whilst based in Alice Springs broadcasts all throughout regional Australia.

Their main source of revenue comes from advertising by Queensland based companies primarily associated with agriculture. Their largest viewership comes from regional Queensland.

Therefore it is no surprise that Rugby League is given priority on the Imparja network.

Perth Red

Post Whore
the ARLC had nothing to do with the current deal

True but I find it very hard to believe that if the ARLC had been extremely critical of Ch9 and had "suggested" to Ch9 that they should do it that Ch9, in the spirit of the next 5 years of partnership, wouldn't have agreed. Ch9 lose nothing by showing the whole day really but could earn some good grace with the game. We are toothless tigers when it comes to getting what the game needs.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
My guide is saying Nine's news coverage will start from 1930 down here in Victoria.

Either it is a sign they will have post match coverage or the kickoff will be delayed.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

applesauce

Bench
Online guides say 7:15pm News in Vic. Game will start late.

The juggernaut Antiques Roadshow is on GEM during the post match celebrations. Nice work NRL.... :roll:

Latest posts