What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League Dream Team announced at Old Trafford

Hindyscrack

Bench
Shit, you know the standard over here is dropping when George Carmont and Brett Finch are in the best of the league team.

deluded pom?

Coach
Shit, you know the standard over here is dropping when George Carmont and Brett Finch are in the best of the league team.

Some players play better in a different environment. We've had plenty of Kangaroo "legends" who I wouldn't have paid in washers. Bradley Clyde and Brett Mullins to name two.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Great, we get the same pointless discussion that takes place every time Carmont makes the Dream Team.

Iafeta

Referee
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2012/09/25/363061_sport.html

They're shite when they leave the NRL but you still keep taking them back

:lol::lol::lol:

Waits for lame excuses or criticism of NQC.

Barring injury, I suspect Greenshields will be spending A LOT of time in Queensland Cup.

Fullback... he's not going to beat Matt Bowen, on the wings they have Antonio Winterstein, Ash Graham and Kalifa Fai Fai Loa, again, he's not going to get in ahead of those guys... and centres, give it up, Linnett and Tate are well entrenched.

I would honestly say this is one of the most baffling signings for 2013. He'll only play through injury.

As far as the others, George Carmont and Scott Dureau would not be starters in the NRL. I can't think of any teams that would target them for NRL comebacks.

Iafeta

Referee
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/19847384

The NRL is becoming a SLE retirement home. :lol::lol::lol:

I think the most laughworthy part of all that is Blake Green is being signed as a replacement.

Finch will be again be playing reserve grade or off the bench. He won't be starting ahead of Cronk or Widdop. Where he'll be good for them is if they get injuries and during Origin.

I can't see these chaps that you're laughing about as if its some compliment to Super League being regular starters... or even benchies.

deluded pom?

Coach
As far as the others, George Carmont and Scott Dureau would not be starters in the NRL. I can't think of any teams that would target them for NRL comebacks.

Regardles of which comp they play in they HAVE been signed by NRL teams. Maybe Carmont and Dureau won't be signed by an NRL club but you'd have said the same about Finch and Greenshields two weeks ago. We get told constantly that anyone who signs for a SLE club is a has been or never was in the NRL yet still you welcome some of those same players back with open arms and ready made excuses.

Iafeta

Referee
No I wouldn't have said that about Greenshields and Finch at all. Finch has played SOO, teams need fringe depth. Greenshields is again a decent player who can filful a fringe need. I'm surprised of all clubs though its the Cowboys who got him. That said, I'd be extremely surprised if in round 1 either is in the starting line up, and I dare say Finch is the only one with a shot of being on the bench. Dureau and Carmont though have been discarded, they'll never be back in the NRL. Both hopeless as tits on a bull.