What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield shield 2012/13 thread

yappy

Bench
Copes and Haze can both stick around for a while. It's up to Fui now to prove he's more than a modest meato bowler who can bat a bit. It's been a long while coming, but he's started the year like a champ.

franklin2323

Immortal
Given Fri & Sat is meant to be overcast. 350 could be a decent score. 400's even better. Add to that the very good bowling attack NSW has.

yappy

Bench
Well, well, well, Fui Fui Henriques has finally tonned up! Never thought I'd see the day. Putting him at 7 doesn't seem to have hurt his batting. Good stuff Moz.

Red Bear

Referee
7/423, Henriques 149* Copes 55*

Not bad from 3/7. but Bankstown is pretty flat generally. First innings points only IMO

Timbo

Staff member
Henriques is putting on a show. The 6's he took off Krejza and Blizzard were huge.

I can confirm there's a very good crowd in for a shield match, the stand is fairly full and there are lots of people in the outer.

Hard to believe cricket this good can be free to get into.

yappy

Bench
3/7 to all out 443. Super effort that. Now to see what the Blues quicks can do with it.

Timbo

Staff member
Terrible leave by Cowan.

Shouldered arms and it hit off stump halfway up.

The pitch is a highway though. My money's on a high-scoring draw.

yappy

Bench
Yeah any pitch that can make Cooper look like a batsman is one to fill yer boots on. Not confident 443 is enough to take the two points.

Timbo

Staff member
Hazlewood got Ponting LBW for a single digit score.

Ponting never looked comfortable against any of NSW's three quicks, he might as well have been wearing concrete boots for his slow foot movement.

yappy

Bench
Hazlewood got Ponting LBW for a single digit score.

Ponting never looked comfortable against any of NSW's three quicks, he might as well have been wearing concrete boots for his slow foot movement.

How's Cossie lookin? Enjoying the effect of the light from distant stars being bent by his gravity or has he slimmed down?

Timbo

Staff member
How's Cossie lookin? Enjoying the effect of the light from distant stars being bent by his gravity or has he slimmed down?

If you are what you eat, Cosgrove has clearly spent the winter eating fat guys. He is more massive than I remember.

yappy

Bench
If you are what you eat, Cosgrove has clearly spent the winter eating fat guys. He is more massive than I remember.

Ha, there could well be an event horizon near his mouth. Best not to get too close.

Gas Panic!

First Grade
Ducked out to Bankstown for long enough to see Ponting come and go. One nice on-drive for 4 and a cracking pull shot off Bollinger for a single were about the highlights. Didn't look happy with his LBW but he was well back on the crease and if it was in line it was hitting half way up.

Cosgrove is absolutely the size of a house, and apart from one fair slog appeared to be happy moving his arms as little as possible, playing only little dabs and late cuts etc .. such a waste of a talent.

As for Moises - perhaps he has finally woken up, grown up or whatever it is sportsmen do at his age when they finally start to realise their potential. I've rated him and I've bagged him, but whichever side of the fence you're on, Henriques succeeding will be good for Australian cricket.

yappy

Bench
Yeah, no question about Henriques living up to his potential being a huge plus. I've bagged him mercilessly because he has had 6 seasons to get his shit together. Here's hoping the start of his 7th is more indicative of his long term returns. If he gets the batting average up into the 40s then he's a genuine Test No. 6 contender and long term Watson replacement. He has to bring his A game for the rest of this season though before we get too excited.

Latest posts