What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield shield 2012/13 thread

Y2Eel

First Grade
Poor Paine he is now fourth in line for the Aussie spot.. And even fourth is being kind, I know he had bad injury but we must have had no one when he played four tests...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Henriques with 2 wickets now

Move over Sunshine, here comes Moises

Rosetta

Juniors
The Tasmanian tail has been a thorn in our backsides for a few seasons now, Butterworth in particular and it's happening yet again.

yappy

Bench
I'd be looking at closer to 350 myself. With 110 overs potential today (counting 2 off for the change of innings) we have a good 30 overs to bat and still leave 80 to roll them (assuming weather and light hold up). We should be able to go 3.5+ an over to get to 330+. If we can score at over 4rpo then maybe we can declare a bit earlier and hope for a few with the second new ball if required.

I certainly wouldn't be giving the buggers less than a 4rpo chase. We've got the 2 points out of the game most people would have felt were all that would be on offer at Bankstown. With the 6 we've already picked up at the WACA it's just as important to keep Tassie on 0 points as it is to go for the outright.

Rosetta

Juniors
(The next) King of Portugal can't stop scoring.

314 run lead, another 20 mins of this and we'll be able to declare well before lunch.

Maher to Maddinson, SIX, full and middled out of the ground over mid wicket, replacement ball needed

:lol:

EDIT: Declared at 342 ahead, maximum of 88 overs left.

Last edited:

yappy

Bench
Good to see I had my thoughts reasonably aligned with Clarkey. 88 overs is just a tick under 4rpo but it does mean he has a short 2nd new ball spell at the death as an option if needed. Not much chance of Tassie chasing it down but still close enough to have a dash if they've got the bottle. Should be a good afternoon on offer.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Moises with another 50, thats some red hot form he is in

Tassie batting pretty slowly, doesn't look like they are going for it

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Henriques with 3 wickets as well, maybe he is finally starting to show why he earnd all those wraps.

aussies1st

Staff member
Its about time, his batting technique is easily one of the best of the youngsters coming through, really hope he can carry this form on now.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Not sure how Haddin got MOM over Henriques?

Would have liked to see Pup declare a bit earlier, 20-30 runs earlier. Could have been a real cliffhanger of a game

WA taking on the vics today

Blues next sheild game is on Nov 2 v QLD

Latest posts