What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leeds VS Warrington GF

fanatique

Juniors
A novel pairing for the GF after Warrington defeated Saint Helens before a crowd of 12,700 at St. Helens.

This will be a replay of the Challenge Cup final won by the Wolves.

WireMan

Bench
Lets hope the result is the same!!!!

:D

As a sign (if your into that kind of thing) Wire beat Saints and Leeds beat Wigan in the u20's semis.

Wire then won the final. :D

The year of the wolf!! Awooooooo.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Should be a good game and closer than the cup final with McGuire back. We will definately have more in attack anyway. Leeds have a knack of building week on week from the start of September and hitting their peak in the last 2 weeks of the playoffs. I think Saturday will be a low scoring game where both teams have to earn their points. I think wire have the better attack but Leeds the better defence at the moment.

Wireman, if you win will you class yourselves as champions btw? ;)

WireMan

Bench
you would think so wouldn't you?

But thanks to sky hype we have to pay out loads more money to watch a trumped up premiership competition which no one can be bothered attending.

so yeah, I'd like to say Wigan are champions. ;-)

hutch

First Grade
How many years has it been since someone won the challenge cup and super league gf?

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Still can't believe Leeds are such long odds. They were a whopping $15 before the Wigan game and still pushing $3 despite being one of two teams that can win. No pressure on them, bucket loads of experience, should be an intruiging battle against an arguably quicker, more skillful side. Question is, do wolves have any bottle? Fair play if they do. It takes a special team to win the double in this era.

Remarkably, Eurosport have decided to show it live. What a privilege! Enjoy all. I will. Wigan can't win :)

reanimate

Bench
Still can't believe Leeds are such long odds. They were a whopping $15 before the Wigan game and still pushing $3 despite being one of two teams that can win. No pressure on them, bucket loads of experience, should be an intruiging battle against an arguably quicker, more skillful side. Question is, do wolves have any bottle? Fair play if they do. It takes a special team to win the double in this era.

Remarkably, Eurosport have decided to show it live. What a privilege! Enjoy all. I will. Wigan can't win :)

Yeah, I couldn't resist Leeds at those odds. I'm in for a nice payout if they win, go the Rhinos!

Parra Pride

Coach

Why shouldn't they be long odds? It's not like they've won four of the past five or anything.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
anybody know when this is screening? like channel? time?

Better get some NoDoze. Eurosport Australia, 4am sunday morning, though it is effectively 3am unless you change your clock to DST before going to bed on saturday :crazy: (clocks change at 2am sunday?)

Thank f*ck for IQ is all I can say. Eurosport - please please please do not f*ck this one up, as you have managed to do throughout the year

Parra Pride

Coach
Better get some NoDoze. Eurosport Australia, 4am sunday morning, though it is effectively 3am unless you change your clock to DST before going to bed on saturday :crazy: (clocks change at 2am sunday?)

Thank f*ck for IQ is all I can say. Eurosport - please please please do not f*ck this one up, as you have managed to do throughout the year

It's 2am according to my Foxtel. Oh well, I'll just record it, if Leeds win I'll watch if they lose I may just skim through.

innsaneink

Referee

Oh No!!!
Right on changeover time
Better recore the earlier and following program....couldnt find this on the TV menu....could only fins the exiles game

edit - all good
Go Wolves!!!

Last edited:

fanatique

Juniors

You know more about the league than I do mate but surely a team with three recent Challenge Cup final wins can be said to have the bottle to do it on the big stage. The CC may not be the be all and end all it was decades ago but the final is still a sold out national showcase for the game nd takes bottle to win and can be lost be anyone as Leeds themselves regularly show lately.