What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield shield 2012/13 thread

The Joker

Juniors
The Victorians are smashing Queensland who have gone full-genius at 7/112. Peter Forrest can't buy a run so far this season

yappy

Bench
Actually I'm not even sure a full genius with double twist from WA will save SA from another spoon. They make ordinary look positively world beating.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Cowan made his usual 40 odd runs...

Punter almost at 100 and Ferguson at 115 maybe he could have a stand out year no one else looks like they will...

TheParraboy

Staff member
Im glad for Ferguson, hope he can string together a few more tons

Not sure why he was over looked for the ODI side in recent series

aussies1st

Staff member
Just the usual from Ferguson, he'll throw in a couple of good performances then go back to normal. He's been average before this match.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ferguson has dropped a fair way down the pecking order, he has some work to do to get back up where he was

TheParraboy

Staff member
had a great ryobi cup last year, Has a great ODI record never let us down, but for some reason blokes like bailey, forrest amd maxwell get the nod over him and we become the laughing stock of the middle order

In FC cricket Fergo has a long long way to go, no question there, but in the shorter form of the game, he has been dudded a bit IMO

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ferguson and Punter both big 160s

Siddle and Pattinson combined effort off 1/188 - 45 overs
vs Tasmania

cerberus

Coach
both on pretty flat decks. still good signs .would have loved to have seen Khawaja get a score. im hoping to get out and see SA v nsw 2-4 at the SCG

beads6

First Grade
Hoping Joe Burns can make a big ton tomorrow. Flat deck at Adelaide but somebody needs to score runs. Good to see Punter in form but I still don't want him to bat on past this summer.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Good to see Punter in form but I still don't want him to bat on past this summer.

I used to say that, but there is no middle order bat bashing the door down and that is the big issue in First Class cricket at the moment, we have a zillion keepers and quick bowlers, but bugger all middle order bats (and please don't say Hughes/Khawaja)