What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Lance Armstrong was always a merkin. I used to think he was at least a clean merkin, but it turns out he is the dirtiest merkin of all. Or, as TISM might have worded it, he's a f**king merkin.

BDR

First Grade
I could've lived with doping because everyone was.

Can't buy this line of reasoning. Drugs affect everyone differently, they don't give equal boosts to everyone. One guy could be doping far more or far less than another guy, or doping in a different way that gives him different advantages. Also champions like Armstrong would have been able to afford superior doctors, so he could dope more effectively.

The whole "everyone did it" argument is way too simple.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So in your world the cheats aren't brought to justice and people's health will be effected by the drugs and its okay.
The first thing I said in my post was he deserves to lose his titles. I'm not saying don't punish him. I just don't think he should be hated any more than Contador and Ullrich and the rest that did what he did. Because the only difference between them and him was he was better.

If they were all clean he would have won more than them.

The facts are he did win on an even playing field. And while he should be punished for cheating and breaking the rules and I agree 100% with eliminating him out of the record books, I don't have any special kind of illwill towards him any more than I do for the others that have been caught.

And whether earned fairly or not, Armstrong did so much more good with his fame than most people.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
His hypocrisy is why people are pissed off. So many tainted memories for so many people. That's why it's worse.

Ozzy

First Grade
The first thing I said in my post was he deserves to lose his titles. I'm not saying don't punish him. I just don't think he should be hated any more than Contador and Ullrich and the rest that did what he did. Because the only difference between them and him was he was better.

If they were all clean he would have won more than them.

The facts are he did win on an even playing field. And while he should be punished for cheating and breaking the rules and I agree 100% with eliminating him out of the record books, I don't have any special kind of illwill towards him any more than I do for the others that have been caught.

And whether earned fairly or not, Armstrong did so much more good with his fame than most people.
Fair enough if it was a level playing field but as BDR said drugs don't have the same effect on everyone and i don't tink they all used the same drug. The only thing we know for sure is that he was better at cheating up till now. We can never know if he would have won more if he was clean.

I personally don't dislike Armstrong but I am disappointed because I admired him for winning 7 in a row after coming back from fighting Cancer.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
It's been like 8 years here... right about the time I started wasting my life on mmorpgs... this doesn't surprise me. :lol:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Anniversary today. 2 years of marriage and 7 years together with 2 beautiful kids and another on the way.

Couldn't be happier.

Going to Chans Tea House in Minto tonight for dinner. Love that place.

Congrats mate

The missus and I have just gone 7 years together and will be 5 years married next Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.