What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Manly fall apart from 2013 season onwards?

ZacGrant

Juniors
As manly fans know, thier season was still successful but did not go as planned. Toovey as coach did a good job and maintaning everything, but can he make the team improve? Opinions?

Ace-STi

Juniors
They will be a top 4 team ext year no doubt! Still have a strong fresh team that love playing there!

GB!

Juniors
doubt it...
we've still got one of, if not the best team on 'paper'.
it'll be up to 2V and hope we have a good run with injuries

Patorick

Staff member
Depends on the consistent health of the spine.

1, 6, 7 & 9.

And Jamie Lyon.

Patorick

Staff member
Glenn Stewart is a bit like a second five-eight, so you have to consider him in that too.

Who knows what will happen though with injuries and form across the park, which rookies will step up, rep commitments etc. Almost anything could happen.

winnyason

Juniors
doubt it fool, you guys over achieved. We don't have pressure of 6 stars to resign. All ours stars where injuried we will be back........................

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
On the surface we lack depth for 2013. In tragic circumstances we have lost one promising player and another purchase was injured late season.

I think we will have a season or two where we drop down a bit. Maybe not next season though. It has been a while since we purchased players on the market (first graders), but with an ageing pack we will need to at some point. Big Joe and Fa'aoso are about the extent of our purchases in this department over the alst few years.

de$$ie

Juniors
won every game on rugby league live 2 as manly scoring 80 points a game for the 2013 season. i think it was a pretty accurate prediction of whats to come.

hardbaby

Coach
All comes down to injuries for the eagles. Excellent spine and solid team on paper. Good coach. But lost heaps of depth. Always risky but particularly so when you have that many players that have struggled with injury in the recent past. Top 4 if they stay healthy. Borderline 8 if they have a bad run. Will almost definitely finish outside the Top 8 if they have a similar injury run as they had this year.

ceagle

Bench
All comes down to injuries for the eagles. Excellent spine and solid team on paper. Good coach. But lost heaps of depth. Always risky but particularly so when you have that many players that have struggled with injury in the recent past. Top 4 if they stay healthy. Borderline 8 if they have a bad run. Will almost definitely finish outside the Top 8 if they have a similar injury run as they had this year.
Every team needs a good injury run if they want to win it. If we have a similar run with injuries as we did in 2011 I see us going far.

hardbaby

Coach
Every team needs a good injury run if they want to win it. If we have a similar run with injuries as we did in 2011 I see us going far.

Agreed. If any team loses its chief playmaker for the season you are in all sorts of trouble. That's where luck comes into it.

It's more your ability to handle multiple short to medium term injuries. The Eagles had a bad run this year but handled it very well. Different story next year. The Eagles have next to no depth. They will need luck, and lots of it, to be a force in 2013.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Agreed. If any team loses its chief playmaker for the season you are in all sorts of trouble. That's where luck comes into it.

It's more your ability to handle multiple short to medium term injuries. The Eagles had a bad run this year but handled it very well. Different story next year. The Eagles have next to no depth. They will need luck, and lots of it, to be a force in 2013.

Don't necessarily agree that depth is bad next year.

We've picked up some handy older players as well as some bloody good Toyota Cup players. They won't all step up but I'm certain some will. Plus I believe Farrar will be back next year and he is a very good utlity player.

Everyone said we'd struggle in 2010 when Cherry-Evans etc came through.....

zombie jesus

Staff member
Don't necessarily agree that depth is bad next year.

We've picked up some handy older players as well as some bloody good Toyota Cup players. They won't all step up but I'm certain some will. Plus I believe Farrar will be back next year and he is a very good utlity player.

Everyone said we'd struggle in 2010 when Cherry-Evans etc came through.....

Even better... That was 2011 where everyone said that, the season worked out okay if my memory is correct.

Edward

Juniors
Naturally, injuries play a role with every side. But if Manly can keep most of their squad on the paddock they will not fall apart in 2013. They will be top 8 contenders.

hardbaby

Coach
You have certainly picked up two solid props from the Dragons and Storm as well a second rower with huge potential from the Raiders. The rest? meh?

Latest posts