What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Swamp

BG

Juniors
I know that many of you couldn't care less about Brian Smith since he left, but there are also a few with a soft spot for him who are interested to see how he goes at the Knights.

Here's an update from the Newcastle forum on the impression he's made thus far. In accordance with their reputations, it sounds like Smithy and Hagan couldn't be a bigger contrast. It will certainly be intriguing to see how things pan out for their respective sides.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=162279

"This comes from a source of mine who's usually spot on!
Smith has been a revelation so far, the amount of work that the players are being expected to do is 10 X more than under supercoach.
Defensive drills, moves, positional plays, there is a much greater expectation on the players than under Supercoach.
Smith took all the coaching staff away for a weeks retreat, most of the attendees queried what they could possibly do for a whole week, all came back super impressed, Smith didn't repeat himself once during the week was the comment and the staff are amazed at the information covered during the week.
Smith is amazed at the lack of skills of the forwards both ball playing / catching and defensively and he is working them hard.
He is instilling a strong discipline, Supercoach was a 1/4 to, 1/4 past coach, by that I mean that if training was at 2pm then players would drift into from 1.45pm to 2.15pm and Supercoach would just shrug his shoulders. Under Smith they must be there in full kit ready to train at 1.45pm for a 2pm start.
All in all this guy said the club is a different place with Smith around and he said the players are really taking to the extra work and demands, he said it is a different club.”

bartman

Immortal
Ah, sorry.

It didn't look like much of a troll post... so I thought it was just some old thread with the right title resurrected.

Hanscholo

Bench
The Newcastle Herald has written that "Edwards was paid a substantial commission on the sale of the Jets to HSG. According to sources, the Jets were unaware of Edwards's commercial arrangements with FFA."

The HSG had referenced an apparent conflict of interest. Edwards left HSG the following week. You may take from that what you will.

Is that substantive enough to be referenced? Or does it not suit your opinion?

http://www.ausleisure.com.au/default.asp?PageID=2&ReleaseID=5439&Display=True

Last edited:

RWB

Bench
Not sure if this is supposed to be the Parra backline or a backline of the dumbest players in the comp?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
do-not-feed-the-trolls-2-1765396632793658879.jpg