What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Bundy Cup

Roland

Juniors
Apparently on Thursday the Western Suburbs RL Football club (Magpies) board approved an application to enter the Bundy Cup in 2013 following their exclusion from the NSW Cup.

During the back end of this season Wests bulked up their side State Cup side by picking up 3 or 4 players from BNRU Bundy but considering that BNRU won only 3 games this year, it is clear that Wests will need to do plenty of recruitment if they are to be competitive in Bundy.

It is understood that Leo Epifania will be the coach.

The other rumour from down south is that Mounties have signed Trent Trotter and James Trotter from Thirlmere, who lined up jobs in the local mine for the brothers.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
This is fantastic news for the Western Suburbs Magpies - a 104 year old foundation club still lives at a senior level, albeit 3rd tier.

I also find this fantastic news for the Magpies. It is a shame that they are no longer in the NSW Cup, but at least they are here (albeit a 3rd tier comp).

Any other confirmations that the other clubs are remaining in the Bundy Cup for 2013?

Roland

Juniors
There is no indication that anyone is dropping out. A club in the North West of Melbourne (wolves) has been planning entry for the last 12 months and they had reps attend the grand final at St Marys so they could be the 12th team.

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Apparently on Thursday the Western Suburbs RL Football club (Magpies) board approved an application to enter the Bundy Cup in 2013 following their exclusion from the NSW Cup.

During the back end of this season Wests bulked up their side State Cup side by picking up 3 or 4 players from BNRU Bundy but considering that BNRU won only 3 games this year, it is clear that Wests will need to do plenty of recruitment if they are to be competitive in Bundy.

It is understood that Leo Epifania will be the coach.

The other rumour from down south is that Mounties have signed Trent Trotter and James Trotter from Thirlmere, who lined up jobs in the local mine for the brothers.
I heard the Trotter brothers had returned to Cabra (but I maybe wrong) which would be surprising as half the team seems to be leaving Cabra for Mounties. They must only have 1 or 2 players from their premiership in 2011 left at the club. And I think the coach is gone too

I heard the Trotter brothers had returned to Cabra (but I maybe wrong) which would be surprising as half the team seems to be leaving Cabra for Mounties. They must only have 1 or 2 players from their premiership in 2011 left at the club. And I think the coach is gone too

Which players leaving for Mounties ?

Can't remember where I heard it, but aren't St Johns dropping out of the BRC?

Also, great news about the Maggies being accepted into BRC.

parra_jesus

Juniors
I highly doubt St. John's will be pulling out of Bundy . They enjoy great success on and off the field this year and really came along in leaps and bounds troughout the year (although on field they peaked after their 9
In a row and really faltered )

RedVee

First Grade
Very pleased to hear that Wests are in Bundy Cup, live to fight another day Magpies.

Joker44

Juniors
Asquith Magpies RLC will be entering into 2013 Bundy Cup after winning the combined North Sydney/Manly A Gradde competition this year, they are waiting upon formal approval from NSWRL. 3 Magpie teams for 2013 it looks like

I highly doubt St. John's will be pulling out of Bundy . They enjoy great success on and off the field this year and really came along in leaps and bounds troughout the year (although on field they peaked after their 9
In a row and really faltered )

Hope you're right, loved going down to Begnell to watch them play. it's a great little ground, one of the best kept secrets in RL.

Roland

Juniors
Asquith Magpies RLC will be entering into 2013 Bundy Cup after winning the combined North Sydney/Manly A Gradde competition this year, they are waiting upon formal approval from NSWRL. 3 Magpie teams for 2013 it looks like

Think if Ourimbah came back - 4 magpie teams

Roland

Juniors

I wonder if this will smoke out a few more teams from the Manly comp. If you exclude John Hopoate's Manly Cove team, which won only 1 game and were suspended before season end, there were only 5 teams in the top division.

Now, Asquith will move and 5th placed Valley were looking for a comp with more teams. The losing Grand Finalists Narrabeen had a team with plenty up to Bundy standard - Jason Ferris, Matt Cross, Warren Dixon, Darren Kingi, Dane Gilmore, Suli Koroi, Nathan Miller, Frank Mckee, Chris Smith, Ben Tonks, Brad Clark etc - might not fit in the points limit.

Last edited:

Joker44

Juniors
Manly A Grade could almost be non existent in 2013. Valley could be looking to join the Inner city competition, and with Asquith entering both Bundy Cup and Sydney Shield, it could leave Belrose, Narrabeen and Narraweena in a tough spot. On the flipside it is great to see more teams striving to enter the Bundy Cup and Sydney Shield, and looking at Asquith's grand final side, it could be a very competitive side

Joker44

Juniors
I wonder if this will smoke out a few more teams from the Manly comp. If you exclude John Hopoate's Manly Cove team, which won only 1 game and were suspended before season end, there were only 5 teams in the top division.

Now, Asquith will move and 5th placed Valley were looking for a comp with more teams. The losing Grand Finalists Narrabeen had a team with plenty up to Bundy standard - Jason Ferris, Matt Cross, Warren Dixon, Darren Kingi, Dane Gilmore, Suli Koroi, Nathan Miller, Frank Mckee, Chris Smith, Ben Tonks, Brad Clark etc - might not fit in the points limit.

Surely some Bundy teams will go looking for a few of these players. but your right some of them, ie Ferris are worth big points

Ram Man

Juniors
Manly A Grade could almost be non existent in 2013. Valley could be looking to join the Inner city competition, and with Asquith entering both Bundy Cup and Sydney Shield, it could leave Belrose, Narrabeen and Narraweena in a tough spot. On the flipside it is great to see more teams striving to enter the Bundy Cup and Sydney Shield, and looking at Asquith's grand final side, it could be a very competitive side

Watch this space....Belrose is currently deciding which competition they are going to play in for season 2013...you may find them in a different competition than Manly A Grade which is dying a slow and painful death by a 1000 cuts.
Also heard that Narraweena struggled to pay their players as they didnt have the sponsership this year that they had the past couple, and from speaking with a few Narrabeen guys, they are staying in Manly A Grade I think....There is a lot more water to pass under the bridge as far as Manly A Grade goes as well.

Last edited:

slickrabbit

Juniors
It'll be interesting to see what impact a Wests team has on BNRU, regarding fringe WT players, as one would think they will now drop down to Wests Bundy.

footy912

Juniors
St johns will not be fielding a side. The coaching staff and the club didnt see eye to eye and the club doesn't see the value in continuing a bundy side, which is quite a shame.

The coaching staff have moved to Auburn Warriors and are trying to take a handful of johnnies players with them.