What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 2013 - Potential Lineup

FROSTY319

Juniors
FFS the team certainly looks average imo. It actually looks worse than this year and we won the spoon. I hope I am wrong and Ricky can kick them into hear. The forward pack is a concern.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I'm going to state the obvious and say, unless we sign Hock and Folau before Monday, they will miss the start of pre-season. That's if we DO sign both. I wonder if, because Folau apparently has intentions to sign with us, he will start pre-season with us without being official?

ShaunC

Juniors
Very worried about goal kicking. The one bloke with a 100% record who bangs them over from out wide at will is retired. We are screwed.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Here is our round 12 lineup after a few injuries:

1. Sio
2. McKenzie
3. Blair
4. Morgan
5. Loko
6. Roberts
7. Kelly
8. Tautai
9. Keating
10. Allgood
11. Smith
12. Ma'afu
13. Paulo

14. Seage
15. Ryan
16. Lasalo
17. Moimoi

caylo

Bench
Very worried about goal kicking. The one bloke with a 100% record who bangs them over from out wide at will is retired. We are screwed.

Hindy attempted and missed one a few years back from the sideline. Was very close but missed so he kicks at 50% actually.

caylo

Bench
Yep just checked it out and it was the 74-4 win against cronulla in 03 as I suspected

forward pass

Coach

1. Sio
2. McKenzie
3. Blair
4. Morgan
5. Loko
6. Roberts
7. Kelly
8. Tautai
9. Keating
10. Allgood
11. Smith
12. Ma'afu
13. Paulo

14. Seage
15. Ryan
16. Lasalo
17. Moimoi

Sio hasn't caught a kick in his life so we should play him at fullback !

Gronk

Staff member

1. Sio
2. McKenzie
3. Blair
4. Morgan
5. Loko
6. Roberts
7. Kelly
8. Tautai
9. Keating
10. Allgood
11. Smith
12. Ma'afu
13. Paulo

14. Seage
15. Ryan
16. Lasalo
17. Moimoi

Eeek.

#woodenspoon

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Eeek.

#woodenspoon

That side would have seven (8 if tonga stays) top line players (assuming hock/izzy sign) out including two key spine players:

Hayne
Hock
Izzy/tonga
Sandow
Reni
Sandow
Mannah
Lussick

They are mostly our key backs/forwards. I doubt many others sides would be able to field a strong side with 7/8 regular players out.

Suitman

Post Whore
That side would have seven (8 if tonga stays) top line players (assuming hock/izzy sign) out including two key spine players:

Hayne
Hock
Izzy/tonga
Sandow
Reni
Sandow
Mannah
Lussick

They are mostly our key backs/forwards. I doubt many others sides would be able to field a strong side with 7/8 regular players out.

When did we sign Sandow's brother?

#familyclub

emjaycee

Coach
So with Izzy Falonk now going to Yawnion and Hock staying in the UK, here is my edited team.

2013 Round 1:

1. Hayne (c)
2. Sio
3. Loko
4. Tonga
5. Blair
6. Kelly
7. Sandow

8. Mannah (c)
9. Keating
10. Moi Moi
11. B Smith
12. Ryan
13. Reni

14. N Smith
15. Lussick
16. Allgood
17. Paulo

Gronk

Staff member
So with Izzy Falonk now going to Yawnion and Hock staying in the UK, here is my edited team.

2013 Round 1:

1. Hayne (c)
2. Sio
3. Loko
4. Tonga
5. Blair
6. Kelly
7. Sandow

8. Mannah (c)
9. Keating
10. Moi Moi
11. B Smith
12. Ryan
13. Reni

14. N Smith
15. Lussick
16. Allgood
17. Paulo

I like. So who are the fringe players who missed out or will be pressing for selection ?

Daniel Harrison
Ryan Morgan
Jake Mullaney
Ben Roberts
Sef Paulo
Lorenzo Ma?afu
Ken Edwards
Jason Seage

emjaycee

Coach
I like. So who are the fringe players who missed out or will be pressing for selection ?

Daniel Harrison
Ryan Morgan
Jake Mullaney
Ben Roberts
Sef Paulo
Lorenzo Ma’afu
Ken Edwards
Jason Seage

I see Harrison and Morgan pushing hard for the spots that i have given to Ryan and Loko respectively.
And will depend on whether Loko can stay fit and shows Ricky the same potential he showed at the end of 2011.

Last edited:

ethan tremblay

Juniors
1.hayne
2.sio
3.morgan
4.tonga
5.blair
6.kelly
7.sandow
8.mannah
9.keating
10.lussick
11.matuia (c)
12.smith
13.paulo

14.roberts
15.moi moi
16.ryan
17.terepo
18.loko just untill he plays the first 4 rounds in wenty then we bring him in

lingard

Coach
I think Moi Moi has always done better coming off the bench, and as he gets older, that will probably be even more the case. So far Allgood is better off the bench, too. Don`t know too much about Lussick. Is he ready for a starting prop spot? We don`t know. Mannah is of course.
We could really do with a solid starting prop to complement that pack.
I also hope Nathan Smith becomes that dynamic hooker we need to rotate with Keating. And we do need another quality centre. Hoppoate in 2014 will really help, but if Tonga doesn`t aim up, we could be in trouble in the backs.
So really I think we need a prop and a centre (and hope Nathan Smith and Luke Kelly reach their potential very quickly).