What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Draftt Class - Thoughts

Raider_69

Post Whore
So we're 1/4 way through the season (already?!!), who is impressing you and who is not?
Ive had a chance now to catch up on some of the games and some of all the teams

Ill start with my team: Its been a great draft class, Cox looks every bit as good as advertised and is a 10 year starter at DT, probably a few pro bowls in him too i think. Kendricks is probably already one of the best 4-3 OLBs, he is playing at an amazing level

And Brandon Boykin is proving to be a quality slot corner. He has been picked on at times and given up a play or two, but he's also made some plays, and some important ones at that. He'll be a very good footballer.

around the league: RGIII, Luck and Richardson have all been stars as expected but others ive been impressed with:

Melvin Ingram: he's really improved the Chargers D
Cordy Glenn: The bills havent impressed much but Glenn has been pretty damn good. The future of the Eagles LT looks good :p
Levonte David: Its either him or Kendricks for the best 4-3 OLB out of this draft class
Ashlon Jeffery: IMO he's been the best big name rookie WR. He's looking very sharp
Alfred Morris: For a 6th rounder, he's doing a great job as the skins starting RB.

People im not impressed with:
Luke Keuchley: He has not really improved the run d much at all, he's struggling to get off blocks, which was the knock in college
Dontari Poe: Can not believe they took him over Cox, they will live to regret that. Poe wont do much in this league imo
Russell Wilson: I know i shouldnt have expected much, but given he won the job i thought he'd be looking better. Honestly i think we're getting close to Matt Flynn time
Justin Blackmon: Maybe because there is no one else and his QB is Blaine Gabbert but he's struggled to get open, and for a bloke who's biggest strength was his hands, he's dropped some easy catches

Anyone keen to have a crack at an all rookie team of the year so far?

kurt faulk

Coach

i'll give the rams update.

janoris jenkins (2nd) is a stud. he's taking his lumps, getting burnt now and then, but along the way making alot of plays. by the end of the season he should be close to a top 10 cb.

daryl richardson (7th) has been a great pick. runs hard and knows how to hit the hole.

michael brockers (1st) looked awesome until he got injured in the final preseason game. he has been back a couple of weeks now and trying to get into the groove. hasn't been bad, will get better.

greg zuerlien (6th) has been so good he has multiple nicknames, the best being legatron. that's how much the nfl community thinks of him. the punter hekker has been just as good with booming punts, which was on display for the whole world to see against the cards.

briand quick (2nd) and isaih pead (2nd) are gonna take time to adjust to the nfl.

tre johnson (3rd) is slowly working his way into the cb rotation. has looked pretty good on the field.

chris givens (4th) has been inconsistent but is explosive. had a big gain last week and then a long td catch against the cards. will get more and more involved as the season progresses.

rok watkins (5th) was playing well enough to start at guard but injured his ankle and got put on ir.

looking like a great draft class for the rams.

Big Tim

First Grade
Bruce Irvin impressed me in the GB game. Not sure if that puts him in the same conversation as the other guys as I havent watched alot of games this year.

Jono078

Referee
Harrison Smith of the Vikings has absolutely killed it. He was our 2nd pick so there would have been some expectation, but our best safety of the last 10 years no one would have thought. Yes I know it's early days, but based on games so far he's playing at that level.

Matt Kalil has been as advertised. Can't say I've noticed him too much, but perhaps that's a good thing.

DC_fan

Coach
Harrison Smith of the Vikings has absolutely killed it. He was our 2nd pick so there would have been some expectation, but our best safety of the last 10 years no one would have thought. Yes I know it's early days, but based on games so far he's playing at that level.

Matt Kalil has been as advertised. Can't say I've noticed him too much, but perhaps that's a good thing.

I am not sure that Smith is long for the NFL. They way he plays the game he is going to knock himself our real quick.

DC_fan

Coach
Cowboys draft picks

Morris Claiborne CB - B started all eight games so far and has one interception. While he doesn't have the interceptions so far he has done a good job. The team has given up just seven passing tds and he is one reason why.

Tyrone Crawford DE - C has played some spot duty, usually in sub-packages. Has 5 tackles and no sacks. I thought the team would use more four men fronts then they have. This has limited the playing time for Crawford.

Kyle Wilber LB - D outside of special teams has received very little playing time. Has just one teackle and no sacks.

Matt Johnson S - has been and continues to be injured. Not sure if he will play this season.

Danny Coale WR - D on the practise squad and most likely will stay there for the season.

James Hanna TE - D has received some playing time but did little with it.

Caleb McSurdy LB - placed on injured reserve before season started.

franklin2323

Immortal
Bump
the panthers draft is looking good despite the current record, i think 6/7 players have seen significant amount of snaps. particularly hit with 5th round josh Norman

I agree. Plenty of 1st & 2nd year players getting lots of game time. As for the record. Rookie mistakes killed us against Atlanta & last week.

In 2 years they shouldn't be making those same errors and could easily be 4-4. Aside from that Thursday night pounding about a month ago. We have been in every other game at 3 qtr time.

Richardson & of course Luck have been close to the best players at their teams, Griffin III has been decent enough

zombie jesus

Staff member
Rainey has been great returning kicks and has done some good things running. DeCastro could start working soon. Adams has been getting better but he's still getting dominated too easily at times with poor technique, he doesn't finish off guys either which frustrates.

I'm excited about the QB class and what we'll be watching in a few years time from these guys. Luck v Tannehill last week was great.