What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
All this talk of great TV shows and there has not been one mention of Australia's Naughtiest Home Videos, hosted by Doug Mulray.

Ollie Webb

Juniors
yeah but people also had the shits that Smith/Zappia often didn't recruit quality players (other than the morrison/tahu/prop-with-a-bad-back-who's-name-i-can't-recall season)

That may have been the case but Smith developed young players in numbers and brought them through to the NRL, more that what has occurred since 2007!

Delboy

First Grade
That may have been the case but Smith developed young players in numbers and brought them through to the NRL, more that what has occurred since 2007!

Strides, you gorgot that he brought through the Hindmarsh brothers, PJ Marsh,Vella, Cayless brothers, Lyon, Richards etc bought Hodgson, Mckinnon . We have short memories at times

Smith and Zaps from memory ran a reasonable succession plan is positions, and then went on that spree in 2004 when I think they got 11 of the 12 players targetted. Seems pretty far removed from Hagan, Ando and SK

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Strides, you gorgot that he brought through the Hindmarsh brothers, PJ Marsh,Vella, Cayless brothers, Lyon, Richards etc bought Hodgson, Mckinnon . We have short memories at times

Smith and Zaps from memory ran a reasonable succession plan is positions, and then went on that spree in 2004 when I think they got 11 of the 12 players targetted. Seems pretty far removed from Hagan, Ando and SK

Who was the twelth player we missed out on?

strider

Post Whore

oh yeah - a have always been a smithy fan - and i think smithy/zapps clearly did a good job most of the time .... all i was saying is they had their moments of getting bagged for not recruiting quality players also

the advantage in the smithy years is that players seemed to develop ... apart from '07 and '09 success spurts we seem to go backwards more these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts