What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russell Crowe selling his share

Galeforce

Bench
Johnny Wako, i mean Tobin , just cannot help putting your foot into it can you , idiot!!:lol:

javascript:void(0)javascript:void(0)

Galeforce

Bench
he could sat you are an idiot. however why bother , you are officially WASTED SPACE and will be ignored from now on

javascript:void(0)javascript:void(0)

Nemesis

Bench
Yeah, but unlike the rorters at least we have SUPPORTERS, that give a dam! Let's be honest the day Politis kicks the bucket, where will the rorters go. I know, The Bunnies will let them become our Feeder team in the NSW cup.
Nah... maybe they'd make it as Norths feeder team though.

PS Johhny Toejam's real identity is goosters Hall of Fame halfback, Kevin Hastings i.e the closet Souths fan who came out the day after their humiliating round 19 choke against us at Allianz... so be kind to him, he's really one of us.

"NOW he is safely inducted into the Roosters' Hall of Fame, Kevin Hastings dropped a bombshell that will have Chooks supporters coughing up their lattes.
Hastings grew up supporting arch-rivals South Sydney, even heading out to Redfern Oval to watch the almighty Rabbits during their glory years.
"I was at Mt Carmel at Waterloo, which was in the South Sydney competition, and I played my first three years there. My first coach was a nun," Hastings said.
"Then I went to St Mary's Cathedral in year five, and they were in the Eastern Suburbs competition."

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...als-hes-a-rabbit/story-e6frexnr-1226427569231

Date
November 25, 2012

Danny Weidler

Departure ... Russell Crowe. Photo: Quentin Jones
“Danny,

Odd that you asked me about this earlier in the year. While there was nothing afoot then, my family situation has changed and I have to address personally how busy I have made my life outside of my actual job. Do you have ESP mate?

Just letting you know that 2013 will be my last season as a shareholder of Blackcourt the company that oversee's South Sydney Football Club. 8 years of stewardship, next year will be the 7th season Blackcourt has had control.

We've come a long, long way. Nobody should forget that distance has come with a huge financial injection, some $11m+ between Peter and I, to pay off the organizations short and long term debts and bring South Sydney Football Club back to a place where it can make its' own decisions and resume it's threat on the field. Competitive, tough,and all about the 80 minute game.

Advertisement
Both of us though look at what South's stands for again and what it means in the competition now and how the club has re-engaged with its' community and we know we have done something special for South Sydney,Rugby League and Australian sport .

Nick Pappas, Shane Richardson,Michael Maguire, Peter ofcourse and the Souths Board are all aware of my position.

There are many avenues open for Blackcourt, Peter and I will look always for the solution that suits the progress of the Club first.

Members and fans should be reassured that this is a change only at the Blackcourt level, it doesn't change anything at the Club level. It certainly will never change the colours of my one red and one green eyes. I will always be a South Sydney supporter and member, as I have been, man and boy, South Sydney 'til I die.

Souths will post an operating profit again this year, the fourth in a row, and as long as Members , amazing sponsors and fans continue to support the Club, principally through membership, the Club's future is rock solid.

22,000 members last year Danny, that was a pipe dream way back in 2005 when you first (ESP) brought the subject of private ownership up.

Members and fans should also be reassured that although Peter and I have certainly presided over a massive increase in the value of South Sydney, In truth, profit other than that of the Club's health has never been a motivator.

Long term contracts with the likes of Sam Burgess, Issac Luke, John Sutton, Adam Reynolds and Greg Inglis, and with the Coach Michael Maguire and the systems and culture that have been developed assure that the Club has the ability to be very competitive in the long term.

Some people will try and bend this as something other than what it is, but it is pretty straight forward ; If I have any chance of keeping my family together, I have to simplify my life where I can.

I hope you are well, happy and busy.

RC

IT STARTED with a text message at 1.31am last Sunday. Russell Crowe had either read my column online overseas or he'd been told about it. There was speculation he wanted to sell up after six seasons as a co-owner at South Sydney. It was the second time in the past couple of months it had come to my ears - the first time, Crowe said it was not true. This time I went to Souths officials who said it was not on the cards. To Crowe's enormous credit he didn't want this journalist to be red-faced when he went public with his plan to sell up. He had been having private chats for the past six weeks with the club about an exit but didn't give the club a date. Rabbitohs chief executive Shane Richardson said the first he knew about Crowe's official exit was when he started getting phone calls after my story on the Today Show last Sunday.

An idol to some
RUSSELL CROWE has acres of critics who want to bag him but Bob McCarthy summed it up best when he said Crowe's contribution to Souths was as large as any of the greatest players the club has had. And it will irk the Rabbitohs diehards but if George Piggins deserves a statue for his great job saving Souths when they were booted out of the NRL at the end of 1999, then Crowe deserves one right beside him. Shane Richardson said without Crowe's efforts, Souths would no longer be around. The club couldn't pay its bills. Now thanks to Crowe and Peter Holmes a Court's involvement they are a very well-run club with a fantastic roster, great coach and facilities as good as any in the NRL. They've gone from a park side to a professional football team. Crowe has restored the pride to a team known as the Pride of the League. It has come at a huge personal cost and Crowe's desire to reconnect with his family should be respected and given the highest praise. Just as his time at the club should be.

No Khoder violation
THEN there was this tweet from Russell Crowe on Tuesday in response to comments from David Campese. ''@Davidcampese11 I'm alright David. Hope you are happy and busy. Khoder Nasser is a mate of mine. He is a clear-minded, original thinker.'' Crowe and Nasser have been mates for some time. Crowe's respect is reciprocated.

Warren of figures
THERE'S been some unusual reporting regarding the status of funding made by Russell Crowe and Peter Holmes a Court at the Bunnies. It appears some in the media have mistakenly adopted the club's statutory accounts as the basis for analysis of the further funding Crowe and Holmes a Court have made available to the club. This is flawed - the law requires the statutory accounts adopt notional (''arm's length'') calculations that bear no real connection to actual terms negotiated between the investors and the club. In addition to their capital investment, Crowe and Holmes a Court gave Souths additional funds to help it regain its rightful place in the NRL. These funds were provided on a ''limited recourse'' basis. This is because they are only ever repayable out of profits and if the cashflow permits it. Holmes a Court tipped in $4.5 million and Crowe gave $1.65 million for a grand total of $6.15 million. These injections were made during the 2007 and 2008 financial years when the club underwent a rapid and much-needed transformation. They are repayable in 2024, but only out of any profits. If there are no profits (or available cash), nothing is payable. The interest rate is a modest 1 per cent above the 30-day bank bill swap reference rate, which is 3.36 per cent. Interest has been waived until October 31, 2014.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...n-from-afar-20121124-2a0q2.html#ixzz2DBIeuiXa

Nah... maybe they'd make it as Norths feeder team though.

PS Johhny Toejam's real identity is goosters Hall of Fame halfback, Kevin Hastings i.e the closet Souths fan who came out the day after their humiliating round 19 choke against us at Allianz... so be kind to him, he's really one of us.

"NOW he is safely inducted into the Roosters' Hall of Fame, Kevin Hastings dropped a bombshell that will have Chooks supporters coughing up their lattes.
Hastings grew up supporting arch-rivals South Sydney, even heading out to Redfern Oval to watch the almighty Rabbits during their glory years.
"I was at Mt Carmel at Waterloo, which was in the South Sydney competition, and I played my first three years there. My first coach was a nun," Hastings said.
"Then I went to St Mary's Cathedral in year five, and they were in the Eastern Suburbs competition."

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...als-hes-a-rabbit/story-e6frexnr-1226427569231

:lol::lol:

James Hooper
The Sunday Telegraph
November 25, 2012 12:00AM

South Sydney captain Michael Crocker says Russell Crowe's decision to sell his share in the club won't affect the team. Picture: Brett Costello Source: The Daily Telegraph

THE text message stated simply for the South Sydney Rabbitohs playing group to report to Redfern immediately.

Last Sunday, South Sydney co-owner Russell Crowe shocked the rugby league world by announcing he was selling his 37.5 per cent share in the Rabbitohs.

For a moment, it sent the club into damage control as club officials scrambled to present a unified front about the surprise development.

Aware of how far the club had come under Crowe's seven-year association with the pride of the league, coach Michael Maguire called the Rabbitohs players to a team meeting and outlined how Souths were now strong enough to continue the Hollywood actor's legacy.

Speaking for the first time about Crowe's decision to exit the club, co-captain Michael Crocker thanked the Hollywood actor for his contribution to Redfern.

He backed coach Michael Maguire to continue the Rabbitohs' march towards winning a 21st premiership.

"We're not too worried about it, to tell you the truth," Crocker said.

"It doesn't happen until the end of the year, there's a long road ahead for us and we know Russell's always going to be a big part of the club.

"What he's done for us has obviously helped us get to where we are today.

"And we're all really grateful for it, as I'm sure all the members and fans are.

"It was a decision that Russell has to make and it doesn't really affect us too much. If we win football games, then that's the only thing we can do."

With over 22,000 members and a jersey worth $3 million in sponsorship, the Rabbitohs find themselves in an incredibly strong position. Stamping themselves as a top-four flagship club on a regular basis once Crowe departs will be the challenge.

Having signed a one-year extension at Redfern, Crocker notched his 201st NRL game in last season's heartbreaking grand final qualifier loss to Canterbury-Bankstown.

No surprises, this year Crocker wants the Rabbitohs to progress one game further.

With Dave Taylor having departed for the Gold Coast Titans, Crocker said he was expecting new recruit Ben Te'o to slot into the void left by the massive 122kg Queensland Origin backrower. And the experienced NRL campaigner also tipped up-and-comer Nathan Peats to have a breakout season after being the standout pre-season trainer at Redfern.

"I want to win a grand final," Crocker said.

"I think that's why everyone plays.

"You don't want to come into a season not wanting to win the premiership."We've got a really good club here and a really good group of guys.

"So that'll be our goal as I'm sure it will for most of the other clubs."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...wont-affect-team/story-e6frexnr-1226523411816

Johnny Tobin

Juniors
A couple of good wins against us in two decades.

I wouldn't be trumpeting it too loud if I was you.

In fact, how about a mention of your round one effort?

What a Souffs moron.

LOL@SOUFFS

Johnny Tobin

Juniors
How about Grand Finals in the last 40 years?

Roosters - 9
LOL@SOUFFS - Duck Egg

Happy you started this Souffs idiot?

Last edited:

Johnny Tobin

Juniors
Like shooting fish in a barrel.....

Finals wins in the last 40 years:

Roosters: 26
LOL@SOUFFS: 4

Snap.

Last edited:

KKW

Juniors
How about Grand Finals in the last 30 years?

Roosters - 9
LOL@SOUFFS - Duck Egg

Happy you started this Souffs idiot?

It's actually 40 years and no GF appearances let alone even winning one but the halfwits here brag about having the most members. LMFAO.

Latest posts