What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 NRL Draw

Big Sam

First Grade
Does anyone know if any Sydney club in the past has been forced to travel interstate on 3 consecutive weekends like Souths will?

Raiderdave

First Grade
First 5 rounds ...... the Raiders get 7 day turnarounds every week
,thats as good as the Broncos

then we have a 6 dayer for rnd 6.... followed by a week off
( same as everyone)
thats extremely advantageous going into rnd 7 from a purely workload point of veiw

no draw is ever 100% fair
theres lots of elements to consider
& some fans are only focusing on single elements , & forgetting other areas that are beneficial to their clubs draw.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Does anyone know if any Sydney club in the past has been forced to travel interstate on 3 consecutive weekends like Souths will?
I'm positive the Bulldogs have when they've moved home games interstate before.

Is it possible Souths requested it too? I know the Warriors have done it sometimes, they just stay where they are rather than going home.

Canard

Immortal
I reckon Melbourne, NQ, Canberra and the Warriors must think Souths have it hard also.

Frailty

First Grade
ROFL at the Timmah bagging people out about the draw when his club is going to on FTA more than even the Broncos...

I don't mind the draw but do have a couple of issues with it:
- Sharks v Dragons on a Saturday night... This derby is built for Sunday afternoon footy.
- Unfair distribution of FTA coverage - It's not going to be absolutely equal, but to have one club get 14 games on FTA whilst another has 1 is absolute tripe.

Timmah

Staff member
ROFL at the Timmah bagging people out about the draw when his club is going to on FTA more than even the Broncos..
Bagging who out? "Sounds like some clubs are making excuses" has nothing to do with FTA coverage or fans on here. I'm bagging coaches coming out crying about player welfare... particularly coaches whose team benefited from direct cheating for five seasons.

firechild

First Grade
- Sharks v Dragons on a Saturday night... This derby is built for Sunday afternoon footy.

As is Manly v Parra but this will be about the 4th time in the last 5 years that they'll play on a Monday night (could end up being twice as the 2nd game hasnt been scheduled yet). Last year the Monday game got rescheduled as part of a complete round reshuffle (unavailability of Canberra Stadium from memory).

Valheru

Coach

In 2010 we had consecutive games in Melbourne, NZ and Canberra. One of those was our own doing though as it was a ?home? game...

firechild

First Grade
One club?

The Warriors are in the same ballpark are they not?

Warriors don't care because channel 9 coverage doesn't effect people in NZ anyway. It doesn't effect their sponsors in NZ because they get the same exposure either way.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
Does anyone have any inside mail / rumours as to where the following matches will be played?

Warriors home game vs Bulldogs - TBC
Bulldogs home game vs Storm - TBC

John Grant did say when he was in Perth a few weeks back that there will definitely be 3 games in Perth next year, but only one was confirmed in the draw.

BunniesMan

Immortal
One club?

The Warriors are in the same ballpark are they not?
On AUSTRALIAN tv there is one AUSTRALIAN team with less than 4 games on fta. That is Canberra at just one quarter of that. I don't even like the Raiders but that is farcical.

Big Sam

First Grade
In 2010 we had consecutive games in Melbourne, NZ and Canberra. One of those was our own doing though as it was a ?home? game...

Ok. But these 3 for us are all away games for us. I don't have a problem with 3 straight away games so long as some of them are in Sydney to minimise travel. But 2 trips to Queensland and 1 to Victoriania in the space of a fortnight is somewhat harsh I feel.

Timmah

Staff member
The Storm have three straight away matches as well late in the season, however there is a bye in between. Round 18, 20 and 21 (R19 bye) are played in TBC (ANZ or Mackay), Canberra and Mt Smart.

Evenflow

Bench
:lol:

Bellamy whinging? Please mate, your club got an illegal financial leg up for the best part of five seasons. You don't deserve any advantages, especially after buying two of those players BACK to the club!

Still hurts even after a couple of months eh Tim Tam? :lol: Anyway, Bellyache isn't asking for any 'advantages'. While it's impossible to have a level playing field in regards to the draw especially when the powers that be essentially handed control of it to the chief broadcaster, when you have one team handed 4 games with only a 5 day turn around and others that have none there's something seriously wrong with the system.

While i'm well aware of why they want/need certain teams filling the prime time FTA slots and those will never be evenly distributed, when it comes to the short turn arounds there has to be some sort of evenness in that respect and would also be a relatively simple thing to achieve. I honestly couldn't give a flying f**k how many/few FTA games we get, it's something that has always happened and always will so there's no point whinging about it.

Put your cheating bullshit aside and whatever heartache you still have for a second which has absolutely nothing to do with the argument, this game is by far the toughest and most brutal in the world and as tough as the blokes are who play it they're only human. I've absolutely no problem with anything else in our draw besides so many short turn arounds. You might scoff at player welfare and bag Bellyache for having the audacity of giving a f**k about his players but it's a very valid point he's making regardless of what you think of him personally.

This isn't just about the Storm either, I can't stand Manly but i also think it's bullshit that they copped so many Monday night games. It's very easy for you to sit back having a go at the 'whingers' when your only complaint is that you only get to play a certain team once. No doubt if you were in the situation of a few other teams that didn't get so lucky you'd be one of the whingers as well.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Surely the Bulldogs V Storm match will be at ANZ. The dogs wouldn't be stupid enough to give up a big crowd and their home ground for the grand final rematch.