What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Election 2012 PDRLFC

Stagger eel

Staff member
also, I assume EGJ voted on the day and needed to get his named checked off a list,

if it turned out he was not eligible how many other ineligable people voted?

That's a question you'll have to ask terry O'Brian and the group that were marking off the names... I believe they were from Newcastle rugby league.

born an eel

Bench
I wonder if it is possible for privacy reasons to have your name and address not listed on a "members list" that is circulated to another member but still be an eligible member?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I'd put money on him being eligible. As has already been noted, it would have become apparent when he voted if he wasn't a member. Plus I'm sure they would check all candidates.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Also, we would of known about it on Sunday morning, nothing gets past fenwick and fitzy, as much as their pain in the arses they're also very smart men

as we are only disputing last years membership, he should have an idea as he would of filled out the Statutory declaration to nominate

http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/document/00003530-source.pdf

it includes membership number and a direct statement "7. I am a financial member of the club or a life member of the club".

It is possible to be a financial member of the club now (2012), but ineligible to vote though right (if he wasn't a member in 2011 after retiring in 2010)? So the stat dec question above might not be relevant.

I'm a supporter of the current board, but IF EGJ isn't eligible because he isn't financial, and IF he did actually vote, I honestly think it's fair grounds for the losers to request a new election. The same result will occur in all likelihood IMO so it will be a fruitless exercise, but for transparency sake it probably would be the right thing to do (assuming the above did occur).

born an eel

Bench
It is possible to be a financial member of the club now (2012), but ineligible to vote though right (if he wasn't a member in 2011 after retiring in 2010)? So the stat dec question above might not be relevant.
By his own admission he lost interest in the game after retiring but found he missed it around Hindy's last game, so if he was not a member in 2011 it would be surprising for him to rejoin at the end of the 2012 season when he probably hadn't even considered running for the board.

Eels Dude

Coach
By his own admission he lost interest in the game after retiring but found he missed it around Hindy's last game, so if he was not a member in 2011 it would be surprising for him to rejoin at the end of the 2012 season when he probably hadn't even considered running for the board.

He only retired late in 2010, around this time of year from memory, so his 2011 membership could very have been processed by that stage already. He could have bought a 2012 membership a month ago to keep his membership going in theory.

He only retired late in 2010, around this time of year from memory, so his 2011 membership could very have been processed by that stage already. He could have bought a 2012 membership a month ago to keep his membership going in theory.

All very possible, and also all very easy to confim one way or another. I haven't seen a press release by the club, and the longer it takes for that to happen, IMO the more likely it is that EGJ isn't eligible.

Would we really be surprised though given its EGJ?? He means well, but he doesn't come across as the most organised of characters.

Suitman

Post Whore
All very possible, and also all very easy to confim one way or another. I haven't seen a press release by the club, and the longer it takes for that to happen, IMO the more likely it is that EGJ isn't eligible.

Would we really be surprised though given its EGJ?? He means well, but he doesn't come across as the most organised of characters.

After what happened to Sevens in '09, nothing would surprise me.
If this is found out to be true, it really is a shambles.

Suity

Ollie Webb

Juniors
After what happened to Sevens in '09, nothing would surprise me.
If this is found out to be true, it really is a shambles.

Suity

Someone please correct if wrong, was there not a resolution passed by members in the last couple of years that any GF players were to become automatic members in recognition of playing in a GF for the Club.

Sevens was all about the endeavours of the previous heirachy prior to 2009 to prevent him from being a member!

Jodeci

Bench
Someone please correct if wrong, was there not a resolution passed by members in the last couple of years that any GF players were to become automatic members in recognition of playing in a GF for the Club.

Sevens was all about the endeavours of the previous heirachy prior to 2009 to prevent him from being a member!

MITS

Can you check the minutes of the last AGM

Muttman

Juniors
Interesting all the barbs being thrown both here and over at nospam46. I noticed one of my posts from nospam46 even made it here but the people who read it don't seem to have much of a sense of humour.
As a candidate, a member who did actually put my hand up for election and bothered to come on here (as well as Tony Bongo) I'd rather speak for myself so there is no confusion.
If EGJ is non-financial well that would be a very sad day for me as a member. More bad headlines and bad publicity.
Despite what some here might think from what I could see most of the candidates actually got along. We spent the day together in the heat and chatted about issues effecting the club, exchanged business cards etc. When the results came out I wished the 3P guys congratulations and good luck. It's not WW3 despite what some overly- enthusiastic 'how to vote' helpers and some bloggers would like to imagine.
As for this issue, if EGJ is found to be non-financial (surely something that should only take 2 seconds to check??) then there has to be a another election. The entire election process will have been tainted as EGJ was used heavily in promotion and member communication. He polled extremely highly (3rd highest I think) and it is very easy to assume his 3P running mates gained advantage from having him on their team. To suggest the easy solution is to give his spot to Mario Libertini is overly simplifying the situation.
But the bottom line for me is I'm just really disappointed as a member. Surely we can run a football club election without something as basic as this going wrong?
I hope EGJ is proven to be financial but how can it possibly take this long to answer that simple question? You either are or you are not. Simple question.

born an eel

Bench

I do know of a past GF player who has 2 tickets he rarely uses himself and was under the impression he gets them automatically from the club free of charge.

Suitman

Post Whore
Interesting all the barbs being thrown both here and over at nospam46. I noticed one of my posts from nospam46 even made it here but the people who read it don't seem to have much of a sense of humour.
As a candidate, a member who did actually put my hand up for election and bothered to come on here (as well as Tony Bongo) I'd rather speak for myself so there is no confusion.
If EGJ is non-financial well that would be a very sad day for me as a member. More bad headlines and bad publicity.
Despite what some here might think from what I could see most of the candidates actually got along. We spent the day together in the heat and chatted about issues effecting the club, exchanged business cards etc. When the results came out I wished the 3P guys congratulations and good luck. It's not WW3 despite what some overly- enthusiastic 'how to vote' helpers and some bloggers would like to imagine.
As for this issue, if EGJ is found to be non-financial (surely something that should only take 2 seconds to check??) then there has to be a another election. The entire election process will have been tainted as EGJ was used heavily in promotion and member communication. He polled extremely highly (3rd highest I think) and it is very easy to assume his 3P running mates gained advantage from having him on their team. To suggest the easy solution is to give his spot to Mario Libertini is overly simplifying the situation.
But the bottom line for me is I'm just really disappointed as a member. Surely we can run a football club election without something as basic as this going wrong?
I hope EGJ is proven to be financial but how can it possibly take this long to answer that simple question? You either are or you are not. Simple question.

Couldn't agree more Muttman.
I think EGJ was the highest voted. Who knows where his votes would have gone if he wasn't a nominee, and how that would have changed the result.
It shouldn't take more than two minutes to confirm his eligibility, so this should be pretty simple to sort out.
If he wasn't eligible, it is a farce.

Suity

Kornstar

Coach
Couldn't agree more Muttman.
I think EGJ was the highest voted. Who knows where his votes would have gone if he wasn't a nominee, and how that would have changed the result.
It shouldn't take more than two minutes to confirm his eligibility, so this should be pretty simple to sort out.
If he wasn't eligible, it is a farce.

Suity

Been a member for 4 years according to his twitter conversation