What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boardwalk Empire

The Joker

Juniors
I'm struggling to figure out where they intend on going with some of the characters that have drifted off the main storyline like the bible basher, Nucky's wife and Harrow.

T.S Quint

Coach
Anyone else still watching this show?
Just finished watching episode 6 of season 5 - which ultimately is the final season.

Things really ramping up to a grand finale it seems. Some shocking deaths.
I'm going to miss BE when it's gone.

T.S Quint

Coach
I don't think the final season was weak. I thought it was very good actually.
I did think it was a bit rushed though. It's not their fault really, they were only given 8 episodes to finish it off by HBO. They missed so much by jumping ahead 7 years into this season and it seemed like they had to finish off the character arcs so quickly.

6 full seasons would have been perfect imo, but I still enjoyed what we got anyway.
At least we got a proper ending....unlike Deadwood.

T.S Quint

Coach
At first I thought the flashbacks were good but unnecessary, considering the small amount of time they had to finish the story.
In the end it turned out it was important for the final scene. If they went for a different ending they may not have needed them.

One thing I was wondering and I couldn't remember if it was ever mentioned earlier in the show - what happened to Nucky's wife? I didn't even know he had been married before (like I said, it may have been mentioned earlier in the show but I forgot). Did she die? Divorced?

Also:

Wasn't Tommy a bit old in that last season? There was apparently 7 years between seasons 4 and 5 and this bloke looked at least 20. Tommy in season 4 couldn't have been more than 7-8 years old.

elyod138

Bench
One thing I was wondering and I couldn't remember if it was ever mentioned earlier in the show - what happened to Nucky's wife? I didn't even know he had been married before (like I said, it may have been mentioned earlier in the show but I forgot). Did she die? Divorced?

She killed herself after the miscarriage, it's addressed in the pilot and we see a picture of her framed in Nucky's room (the picture was a cameo from the actress who played Alma Garret in Deadwood).

He talks about her with Margaret at some stage.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I enjoyed the last season but thought it was a little rushed, could have given this show a full season to wrap everything up. I did enjoy the flashbacks and showing us where Nucky had come from.

Latest posts