What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Record Watch

Raider_69

Post Whore
Single season sack record, Michael Strahan 22.5 sacks:
JJ Watt has 20.5 with another Indy game
Aldon Smith has 19.5 with the Cards still to come.

I think both of them go over the 22.5 mark. But for me JJ Watt being a 3-4 DE notching up a 23 sack season (which is where i think they both land) is my MVP. Cards might give up the ghost to help Aldon Farve style but Indy still have something to play for, i cant see Watt getting much help, not that either will need it

Single season receiving yard, Jerry Rice 1848 yards:
Calvin Johnson 1667 yards, with Atlanta and the Bears to come

Tough match ups, but he only needs 200 more yards to break the record, and with nothing else to play for, i can see Stafford feeding him like we've never seen before. Neither of the bears or falcons are likely to give him free plays. Im backing Megatron to do it

Single season rushing record, Eric Dickerson 2105 yards:
Adrian Peterson 1812 yards, with Houston and Green Bay to come.

I just cant see him doing it, he's got to average 150ish per game. I think he can get 150 out of GB but the Texans are very stout against the run, he will have tough sledding here. He will get plenty of help from the Vikes, who's best bet to win games is to give the ball to peterson, even if its 4th and 50 on their own 1 yard line. He'll go close. If he can get 120+ out of the Houston game, i think he can make up the difference V Green Bay, who might be resting players and willing to let a big one break late in the piece

Your thoughts?

abpanther

Staff member
No better time to own AP right now in terms of fantasy

I think all 3 records get brokem

DC_fan

Coach
You forgot one other record that I believe is about to be broken. That is the most receptions by a TE in a season.

It is presently held by Tony Gonzalez who had 102 catches in 2004. With two games to play Jason Witten sits on 97 catches. He should break the record. When Witten reaches the century mark he will become just the third TE to reach the mark in a season.

dogslife

Coach
I'd almost back TG to crack 100 again this year, currently on 87 so a bit of a long shot

Raider_69

Post Whore
You forgot one other record that I believe is about to be broken. That is the most receptions by a TE in a season.

It is presently held by Tony Gonzalez who had 102 catches in 2004. With two games to play Jason Witten sits on 97 catches. He should break the record. When Witten reaches the century mark he will become just the third TE to reach the mark in a season.

didnt even know it was a thing...

Witten watch is on...

DC_fan

Coach
Aldon Smith needs just one more sack to equal Lawrence Taylor's record of 20.5 sacks in a season by a linebacker.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
All Day baby, seriously hope he gets there, to just come back from a ACL is bad enough let alone break the single season rushing record in your first year back

one tree hill

Juniors

How many TDs?

Antonio gates equaled the chargers receiving TD record with Lance Alworth at the weekend.

But yeah. Peterson. I really hope he gets there. He's so awesome.

DC_fan

Coach
Jason Witten now holds the record for the most receptions in a season by TE. After todays game he has 103 and with one game remaining he should increase that number.

DC_fan

Coach
Single season receiving yard, Jerry Rice 1848 yards:
Calvin Johnson 1667 yards, with Atlanta and the Bears to come

Tough match ups, but he only needs 200 more yards to break the record, and with nothing else to play for, i can see Stafford feeding him like we've never seen before. Neither of the bears or falcons are likely to give him free plays. Im backing Megatron to do it

Congrats to Johnson for getting the record.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Hard to see Peterson getting Dickerson, or JJ Watt getting Strahan, but Aldon Smith is a real chance

Latest posts