What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freddie flintoff versus the world

TheParraboy

Staff member
Monday 2nd January at 8.30 pm (60 minutes)

Channel: SBS
This action packed series sees cricketing legend Freddie Flintoff try his hand at some of the most extreme sports and challenges on offer around the world. But he wont be trying anything out without turning it into a competition, so hes also enlisted other athletes who retired at the top of their game to see if they can beat him. Tonight, Freddie is joined by Darren Gough on a trip to Mexico for a spot of lucha libre wrestling, paintball paragliding and a dive off the cliffs of Acapulco. (From the UK) (Entertainment Series)

http://guides.news.com.au/television/guide/?action=event&event_id=43250081&refresh=&region_id=73

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I actually saw this was flicking and thought f**k that looks like Flintoff, it was daytime but...saw him a Gough do cliff diving. 3,5 and 10 metres off a cliff face.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I actually saw this was flicking and thought f**k that looks like Flintoff, it was daytime but...saw him a Gough do cliff diving. 3,5 and 10 metres off a cliff face.

Ive done a 20 metre jump in Cairns when on one of the rainforest tours they have.

Doesnt sound like plenty, but when your up there looking down, if fricking freaky shit. One of the main tricks is not to take a deep breath too early. Ended up doing it 4 times :D

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The heights were not that impressive, they did however juump into a rocky washing machine, I reckon jumping in was the easy bit, getting out looked harder

TheParraboy

Staff member
tonights episode on now

Freddie joins former boxing world champion Steve Collins in Las Vegas for drag racing, skydiving and a zip-line challenge - but the pair still find time to go gambling, and Freddie also takes on the role of best man at an Elvis-themed wedding.

rygrco

Juniors
Ive done a 20 metre jump in Cairns when on one of the rainforest tours they have.

Doesnt sound like plenty, but when your up there looking down, if fricking freaky shit. One of the main tricks is not to take a deep breath too early. Ended up doing it 4 times :D
Hell yes that would be scary (I rock climb a fair bit, so I'm in touch with the height aspect, and jumping off a 20m cliff into water would take Gonad Man size nuts). What's more, at that height you could easily hurt yourself if you hit the water wrong (ie it isn't just about balls). Were you entering the water hands first?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Hell yes that would be scary (I rock climb a fair bit, so I'm in touch with the height aspect, and jumping off a 20m cliff into water would take Gonad Man size nuts). What's more, at that height you could easily hurt yourself if you hit the water wrong (ie it isn't just about balls). Were you entering the water hands first?

Actually mate, we had to swing off a rope aka tarzan style. So it was feet first. The other thing was not only are you freaked out about the height, and getting into the water ok , but there was like about a 5 metre gravel/sand bank you have to avoid, or swing past to get into the water. fun times :D

TheParraboy

Staff member
Tonight, Freddie is in Palm Springs, California, up against former England goalie Ian Walker. The pair head out into the desert dunes to race some high powered sand dune buggies, compete in a rock climbing challenge at the beautiful Joshua Tree Park, and attempt the intense and dangerous sport of wing walking. Later, the guys take some time out to visit Elvis house

http://www.ourguide.com.au/tv_guide.php?r=Sydney&w=now

TheParraboy

Staff member
Alone in the wild (repeat) - 11.50pm ABC2 Tonight

Freddys at the Botswana's Okavango Delta to survive for seven nights, surrounded by dangerous wild animals.

Some really hair raising situations Freddy gets himself in. Self records himself on camera with no one else around but the reserve and wild life

He aint no Bear Grylls

Hallatia

Referee
did anyone mention Freddie's boxing, he impressively won his first bout in the ring recently

TheParraboy

Staff member
did anyone mention Freddie's boxing, he impressively won his first bout in the ring recently

impressive? most experts in the boxing game think is was a big joke

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/boxing/flintoff-bout-branded-a-disgrace-20121202-2aonu.html

Andrew Flintoff's boxing debut received a withering rebuke from many quarters of the professional boxing world with British promoter Frank Maloney labelling it as a "circus" and calling on the British Boxing Board of Control to take a look at its decision to grant the former cricketer a licence to enter a boxing ring.

Jane Couch, the first British female boxer to be granted a professional licence, labelled the four-round bout in Manchester a "laughing stock".

Couch, who took on the Boxing Board to obtain her licence to box, said on Saturday: "The board stop David Haye and Dereck Chisora from fighting but allow that to happen. The Flintoff fight belonged on a white collar amateur boxing show.

"It's a disgrace that professional boxers are being put in the same bracket as what we saw last night. I'm not knocking Freddie himself - fair play - but it really should have been on a white collar show not a professional show.

"David Price was defending the British and Commonwealth heavyweight titles 50 miles away and he should have had the publicity."

Maloney, Price's promoter, told The Sunday Telegraph: "Last night was a joke. Once the American had knocked Flintoff down he backed off.

"All this does is deflect the attention from real boxers who have spent years in the gym and in the amateur ranks before developing careers in professional boxing. In all honesty, I've seen more skills watching two women in a bar room brawl.

"It was like watching two powder puff punchers, and clearly Flintoff has no chin. If the Boxing Board allows Flintoff to continue boxing, they should be questioned over it. It was a novelty, and just a circus."