What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 NRL Ladder position

Where will the Warriors finish in 2013

• 1-4

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • 4-8

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • 8-12

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • 12-16

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

Daza_06

Juniors
Im very interested by where the Warriors fans think their side will finish this upcoming season.

Some people were disappointed with the appointment of Elliott but I see it as a good move. Bradford, Canberra and Penrith have all been competitive teams without having a roster full of star players under him. The warriors have a great roster along with a staggering amount of young players coming through.

So where do you predict them to finish and is there any young talents like Matulino, Hurrell, Johnson, Locke, etc coming through for this season?

Diesel

Referee
I was skeptal when Elliott was announced as I thought they should've gotten Bellamy however I've been pretty impressed with what I've heard and read. He seems to have contacts from his time in Australia and was able to get McFaddin as an assistant who came with some good wraps.

The boys seem to be getting flogged at training and there is an emphasis on defence which are two things that were missing last season.

I'm picking 6th with a home semi at Eden Park

jaseg

Juniors
I think 7-8, I hope higher. Anxious for the season to start - there's only so much that Premier League football can substitute for the NRL in my interest levels.

Aragorn

First Grade
I'm not getting my hopes up. Did that way too many times in the past.

Warrior 8-12

Rebel

First Grade
I think Elliot is going to prove alot of doubters wrong. I think we will have an amazing season and will be contenders.

Note: I do say that every year however....

Diesel

Referee
Elliott will want to prove a lot of doubters wrong and the Warriors will make or break his career

Iafeta

Referee
Strange comment that, Skinner. I think the uneasy feeling if anything is that so much has changed, and at the head of it is Matt Elliott. I mean, the entire coaching staff has changed, the coaching structure has changed, the Vulcans alignment has changed, the way the club intends to use the Vulcans has changed, captaincy potentially may change... the rosters changed slightly, not significantly, but TBF, the majority of the roster were spread across 3 grades that reached the GF in 2011, I'm not sure that needed drastic changing.

6th for mine.

ozbash

Referee
after the ballsup that was last season, I'm not making any predictions for this coming season.

Skinner

Coach
Strange comment that, Skinner. I think the uneasy feeling if anything is that so much has changed, and at the head of it is Matt Elliott. I mean, the entire coaching staff has changed, the coaching structure has changed, the Vulcans alignment has changed, the way the club intends to use the Vulcans has changed, captaincy potentially may change... the rosters changed slightly, not significantly, but TBF, the majority of the roster were spread across 3 grades that reached the GF in 2011, I'm not sure that needed drastic changing.

6th for mine.

I'm really talking about the "brat pack". The inmates who "ran" the asylum last season. I keep hearing that, as yet, nothing has changed in that area. A real test for the new coaching staff.

You are absolutely correct about the structural changes though. It will be interesting....

Diesel

Referee
I can't wait til game one to hear Ricky's excuses as to why Parra didn't win ... ;-)

bri

Juniors
Quote-: I think Elliot is going to prove alot of doubters wrong. I think we will have an amazing season and will be contenders.

I thought Elliot was the right man for the job. But his job is to get the best players available so you can have a good crack at the finals. So far he has got two apprentices and it is tradesmen we need and it is only 5 or 6 weeks to the trials. Just a touch of doubt coming in there!

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
The word I've heard is that they (the players) were extremely annoyed Tony Iro didn't get the job (annoyed even the first time when McClennan got it). But that the intensity of the preseason has been a million notches above last seasons and that Elliott is brought in a long of discipline. Speaking with someone else who was associated with Elliott at Penrith, when he got to Penrith it was a club that lacked a lot of structure. Every level of football were playing different football and it was very tough to get guys ready for the next grade up. It lacked focus and organisation. Apparently thats what Elliott is very good at doing. Where he can come unstuck is he can be very rigid.

I suspect thats why the word on the street was Elliott initially was in line to be Football Director/GM of Football, because fundamentally he gets the strategy of a club to a tee. I wonder whether he's developed that flexibility that all coaches would need?

Daza_06

Juniors
The word I've heard is that they (the players) were extremely annoyed Tony Iro didn't get the job (annoyed even the first time when McClennan got it). But that the intensity of the preseason has been a million notches above last seasons and that Elliott is brought in a long of discipline. Speaking with someone else who was associated with Elliott at Penrith, when he got to Penrith it was a club that lacked a lot of structure. Every level of football were playing different football and it was very tough to get guys ready for the next grade up. It lacked focus and organisation. Apparently thats what Elliott is very good at doing. Where he can come unstuck is he can be very rigid.

I suspect thats why the word on the street was Elliott initially was in line to be Football Director/GM of Football, because fundamentally he gets the strategy of a club to a tee. I wonder whether he's developed that flexibility that all coaches would need?

I'm 100% behind the decision to appoint Elliot and can't wait to see what he brings for the years to come. You mentioned 2 things above - intensity and discipline. These were the main ingredients that were missing last season (particularly towards the end).

I don't know much about Iro but the player's seemed very keen on him. I don't know what attributes the players saw in him but obviously he couldn't convince the board he would do a better job then Elliott.

With the growth of rugby league throughout New Zealand and the success of the Toyota Cup team I think he will work wonders. Look at both Canberra and Penrith when he was in charge and they were choc full of local juniors he has bought through the grades (although the Penrith management overpaid them and now Gould is there to clean up the mess).

Exiting times ahead for all grades and can't wait to watch the Warriors in 2013.

Latest posts