What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Is there a copywrite on the all blacks design?

I know this will be unpopular but I would love to see the Kiwis essentially copy it!

One of my favourite ever Warriors jerseys basically did

new%20zealand%20warriors%202011%20adults%20nz%20fern%20edition%20jersey%20(front).jpg

dont think you can copywrite/trademark a colour (unless you're cadbury), but in terms of the warriors having their own identity it'd be totally lost with a black jersey like that. you want people to be able to see from a distance its a warriors jersey not an all blacks jersey.

Saint Doc

Coach
dont think you can copywrite/trademark a colour (unless you're cadbury), but in terms of the warriors having their own identity it'd be totally lost with a black jersey like that. you want people to be able to see from a distance its a warriors jersey not an all blacks jersey.

Yeah sorry I was more suggesting that the Kiwis use that design. I liked it as a warriors design but that's because at the time they had those awful CCC template jerseys

Joker's Wild

Coach

I know this will be unpopular but I would love to see the Kiwis essentially copy it!

new%20zealand%20warriors%202011%20adults%20nz%20fern%20edition%20jersey%20(front).jpg

Nothing wrong with a black jersey with a white V. I doubt it would be the in the best interests of the NZRL to blend in with the NZRU

Fire

First Grade
Aussie socks aren't too bad. They're not as good as the hoops, but they're OK. The chevrons make perfect sense as that is the new "branding" of the ARLC.

Perhaps Saints could do a red V on their socks (as opposed to chevrons). Yeah they wouldn't look as good as our old hooped socks, but 1.) It's better than the white stockings we have and 2.) it incorporates our "red V".

ShaneO85

Juniors

I can't remember ever seeing this jersey before or the wreaths around the logo. When was this used? what occassion?

Flapper

First Grade
In this week and a bit I've seen in NZ so far I've noticed a bizarre trend; in all the sporting stores they might not stock every teams jersey but they stock each and every teams official shorts! Apparently according to the missus that's the more preferred way of expressing casual support over here.

Saw the Warriors Toyota Cup "Terminator" jersey on sale too, it would be nice if more teams sold their NYC shirts.

mn_tibor

Juniors
Saw a guy in Brisbane a few days ago (can't remember where - may have been Westfield Chermside) wearing the Warriors flame jersey. So I guess at least one person has bought it.

Storm 2012

Juniors
How come in the rugby league week mag, Dave Taylor is in the old titans jersey with the new logo, when they have the new jersey. I know the new jersey came out after the mag, but why would they go to the effort of putting the new logo on the old jersey.
I like the australian jersey, but the training jersey is just like the warriors ones, out there

ShaneO85

Juniors
http://www.jerseys.com.au/prod84.htm
New indigenous all stars jersey in the flesh

http://www.redvee.net/forums/showthread.php?22907-NRL-Jerseys-2013
Bulldogs alternate jersey in the flesh

Sorry I can't post images, my computer is acting funny

I haven't seen the new doggies shirt in person, i thought it was black and blue but the pic you've linked to looks more navy and blue to my eye. Perhaps it is just the computer i am looking at it on. Can anyone confirm if it is indeed black or navy?
Cheers.

Aussie socks aren't too bad. They're not as good as the hoops, but they're OK. The chevrons make perfect sense as that is the new "branding" of the ARLC.

Perhaps Saints could do a red V on their socks (as opposed to chevrons). Yeah they wouldn't look as good as our old hooped socks, but 1.) It's better than the white stockings we have and 2.) it incorporates our "red V".

Personally, I prefer the stockings to a "Red V" sock. Though I would like to either see a return to the candy stripes or the Steelera/1999 socks.

Prometheus

Juniors
Vees and chevrons on socks look like a stupid attempt to imitate the boots that comic book superheros wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.