What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdalymc

Bench
^^ haaa.

They f-cked up the bulldogs second v. Why does it look solid at the bottom, there should be a little black triangle just under the sponsor.

And any socks that don't have stripes or solid colours are ridiculous.

Trentosaurus

Juniors
^^ haaa.

They f-cked up the bulldogs second v. Why does it look solid at the bottom, there should be a little black triangle just under the sponsor.
If you line up the chevrons then there shouldn't be a little black triangle under the sponsor. It's correct that way.

But the big blue triangle under the sponsor is too big which throws the design out. It doesn't line up with the chevrons.

sheepbender

Juniors
I can't remember ever seeing this jersey before or the wreaths around the logo. When was this used? what occassion?

It was used Round 1 2011 vs Parramatta, when the Warriors played their first ever game at Eden Park, NZs home of Rugby. So in a way, its a homage to NZ Rugby and the history of the stadium. The Ferns on the side of the logo have no real significance other than to make the logo look more special and more a collectors item.

some11

Referee
If you line up the chevrons then there shouldn't be a little black triangle under the sponsor. It's correct that way.

But the big blue triangle under the sponsor is too big which throws the design out. It doesn't line up with the chevrons.

if0so3.jpg

Last edited:

kdalymc

Bench
Boooom. Why can't they/other teams do something like that. Sponsor still sticks out and doesn't f**k up the jersey.

Also,
Warriors- trying to find their colours since 1997...

sheepbender

Juniors
Boooom. Why can't they/other teams do something like that. Sponsor still sticks out and doesn't f**k up the jersey.

Also,
Warriors- trying to find their colours since 1997...

Why 1997 when the started in 1995, or are you referring to the first change of jersey?

kdalymc

Bench
I guess it would've been funnier if I said 95 but yeah I did mean when they first changed jerseys. Although they were similar colours I was more bashing the point that they have had more colour combinations then my spew on New Years...

sheepbender

Juniors
I guess it would've been funnier if I said 95 but yeah I did mean when they first changed jerseys. Although they were similar colours I was more bashing the point that they have had more colour combinations then my spew on New Years...

Hardly, Blue, Green, Red & White. Moved to a predominantly White jersey whilst dropping the Green, then added Black. Then got rid of Red, Blue & White, replaced with Silver, which was dropped for White, then Red was brought back.. A simplified history I know, but it's not like they threw in a wild & unlikely colour..

ShaneO85

Juniors
I still think the warriors were best served by their original db bitter colours. the red, green and Auckland blue combination was unique and looked quite good. and can easily be accented or toned down with the use of white or black as a base colour for designs.

If they ran around in a:
blue, green, red main/home jersey
white (base colour) with blue, green, red accents/designs as the away
black (base colour) with blue, green, red accents/designs as the alternate

I think they'd be on a winner. to provide jersey upgrades/changes without losing identity they could cycle the blue, green and red as the predominant colour of the home jersey.

Saint Doc

Coach
Hardly, Blue, Green, Red & White. Moved to a predominantly White jersey whilst dropping the Green, then added Black. Then got rid of Red, Blue & White, replaced with Silver, which was dropped for White, then Red was brought back.. A simplified history I know, but it's not like they threw in a wild & unlikely colour..

Dragons colours: 91 years- red and white; white and red
roosters colours: 104 years blue white and red; white red and blue
Warriors colours: 17 years- red white blue green; white blue green; black red blue; black and silver; silver and black; black and white; white and black; black white and red; white red and black

kdalymc

Bench
^^^ this bloke has a brain
And I hope the added red isnt cos of Vodafone. Imagine next year if they get a new sponsor...

gzerounian

Juniors
I still think the warriors were best served by their original db bitter colours. the red, green and Auckland blue combination was unique and looked quite good. and can easily be accented or toned down with the use of white or black as a base colour for designs.

28jdvmo.jpg

I hadn't seen this posted so thought i'd post it.

b97622721g_zps5c2f3c05.jpg

I'm in the small minority of fans that doesn't mind this. Being a fan of the Jets and not of an NRL side I miss out on the excitement of a new jersey each year so I'm limited to the new rep jerseys that come out each year.

Saw the new NSW jersey today in the flesh. Don't mind it and like the lack of sponsors around the NSWRL badge, looks cleaner but hate the new collar.

ShaneO85

Juniors

freaking side panels.. haha... in my mind it is a slightly lighter shade of blue and sticking with more of a v or chevron design up top.
warriors have tended to have some form of a (i can't think of the right way to describe it) 'flourished' V in their designs. shaped like the top of their logo.
i think they can build on that and just tweak colour order/predominance and create an iconic look for themselves.
i believe they are almost doing that already, although it's only just dawned on me. their colours have changed over the years but the constant has been their v/chevron/logo eyebrows look.

Storm 2012

Juniors
Is the u20s logo having a Toyota logo on top like the nrl is having the telstra logo on top. Also, I had an idea for the warriors jersey based on the black white red colour scheme. I had Maori patterns up one of the sleeves and the red southern cross on one of the sides. It was predominately black with a white away. When I find the pic of it I will post it

Status
Not open for further replies.