What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Tsunami Sportswear Australia - Facebook page has photos of all the Cook Islands Rugby League training apparel and alternate players jersey for the world cup. Also has some good pics of the Philippines RL kit. Can someone please post up pics as I havent reached 20 posts as yet :D

400032_10152401133950114_39223711_n.jpg

mn_tibor

Juniors
They had several blue strips not just World Cup.
And the top one is a reverse of their current strip- no idea why they added gold. Stupid.

Why is the current Australian T20 shirt black, lime and yellow (official colour desciptions)? Why was the previous one grey? Seems T20 means to marketers and designers just do whatever you feel.

TheWave

Juniors
just write dribble in every post liek the rest of us do :p

that fluro green one will blind the opposition. i think it has some nice ideas but is a little busy

Haha fair call! I will go and reignite an old post with some nonsensical dribble to get my numbers up.....
I have another picture of the actual kit the Kukis will be wearing. Its on the same site.

kdalymc

Bench
Why is the current Australian T20 shirt black, lime and yellow (official colour desciptions)? Why was the previous one grey? Seems T20 means to marketers and designers just do whatever you feel.

Your right, but they use the gold in one dayers too.
It's only a matter of time before they introduce red or green.

Does anyone else HATE the green strip oz wears in the commonwealth bank series? Crap.

TheWave

Juniors
The jersey above is the Supporter Jersey. The official Players Cut Jersey is a little different... Off field gear all looks awesome! Your right, the Lime Green is the Alternate jersey should they need it.

Yes I am. I thought they were an external territory of New Zealand, kind of like Norfolk Island (Aust) or the Falkland Islands (UK).

OK done some looking around on the Google Machine.

The Cook Islands is a self-governing country in free association with New Zealand. It comprises 15 islands with a total land area of only 237square kilometres spread over two million square kilometres of ocean.

https://www.dfat.gov.au/geo/cook_islands/

Further to the 'Free Association' with NZ:

The Cook Islands is a parliamentary democracy, with Queen Elizabeth II the Head of State, represented by the Governor-General HE Sir Fredrick Goodwin. The Cook Islands is a self-governing state 'in free association’ with New Zealand, an arrangement dating from August 1965. Under the terms of the free association, Cook Islanders hold New Zealand citizenship and enjoy the right of free access to New Zealand. The Cook Islands retains close links with New Zealand, where it maintains its only diplomatic office overseas.

Prometheus

Juniors
It's a dependency of NZ, the use NZ dollars and no visas are required but they're an independent nation.

Okay.

Why do the NZ police investigate crimes there? I remember reading a newspaper article a couple of years ago that said kiwi police had been sent to the Cook Islands to investigate claims of wide-spread, systemic child sexual abuse on the islands.

Status
Not open for further replies.