What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

chibimatty

Juniors
Speaking of offensive Pirates, had a very guilty chuckle at this:

ecp.jpg

Cheers,
Matty

The Great Dane

First Grade
Would love to this jersey with the design that completely covers the jersey (i.e. no white bits)

The originals had "white bits" so it would kind of defeat the purpose of a heritage jersey if they didn't make it like the original.

If the Pirates do ever get their license, and if they do make a heritage jersey like this, I will buy one.

Speaking of Reds jerseys, PR do you know of anybody that has a Reds SuperLeague jersey that would be willing to sell it at a reasonable price?

Last edited:

chibimatty

Juniors
The originals had "white bits" so it would kind of defeat the purpose of a heritage jersey if they didn't make it like the original.

Well for a heritage jersey of course; but I think it's more along the lines of an ordinary kit which I would like to see too. I remember when that jersey first came out, that it looked like vacant ad space.

I remember the Nike Factory in town having heaps of Perth Reds SL jerseys, might be worth giving them a look up.

Nike Factory Store Perth
Harbour Town Perth
Shop B25, 840 Wellington Street
West Perth
Phone: (08) 9322 7270

Cheers,
Matty

Diesel

Referee
Warriors have taken a game to Wellington this year, I can't see NZ taking a home game away from NZ.

Diesel

Referee
I'm not opposed to the Warriors doing that, it's just the outcry in NZ of taking a home game out of NZ when there are other places in NZ like Hamilton, Christchurch and Dunedin should host a game and when there are 15 other clubs based in Australia that could take the Warriors to Perth for one of their "home" games instead.

Clarke

Juniors
Warriors looking to bring a "home" game to Perth. Given there must have been 15k Kiwis at Subi for the Manly game last year I'm not surprised. As it might be another 3-4 years till we get a team they should think about doing what Sth's have done and commit to 1-2 games a year at nib and sell a WA membership.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/10/2...h-aussie-move/comment-page-2/#comment-1201358

While that will be beneficial to WA, it would be not so beneficial to NZ. The Warriors should be looking to move games around NZ, outside of Auckland, before even thinking about moving games out of NZ in favour for Australia. If they do move games to Australia it should be limited to one game and to a area that isn't heartland.

The originals had "white bits" so it would kind of defeat the purpose of a heritage jersey if they didn't make it like the original

I'm aware of that and was not refering to a heritage jersey. More so something that I would like and imo be more pleasing to the eyes.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I remember the Nike Factory in town having heaps of Perth Reds SL jerseys, might be worth giving them a look up.

Nike Factory Store Perth
Harbour Town Perth
Shop B25, 840 Wellington Street
West Perth
Phone: (08) 9322 7270

Cheers,
Matty

Thanks for that Matty.

Panfas

Juniors
Look, I'm not trolling. Personally I don't care what they call themselves. But if some suburban mum in WA is on the fence about getting her son in a sport she might think twice about covering her kid in Pirates gear and might go with the Glory or Force or Eagles or Dockers.
This has to be one of the most pathetic and idotic responses I have even seen. You are an abosolute moron.

Firstly, how bout you step away from the isolated box you live in and go outside and meet people. How can you honestly believe a parent will not allow their child to support a team called the pirates?? The pirate is the current 'in' thing for any child. The most popular theme at the moment at childrens parties are pirate themed. Not one parent would deny their child to dress like a pirate. Have a look on the kids channels on TV. show after show are pirate themed.

The biggest show at the moment on Disney Junior is Jake and the Neverland Pirates. This show is sometimes in the top 10 watched shows OF ALL FOXTEL SHOWS in a day. Do you remember watching Hook as a kid? What about Pirates! Band of misfits a few years ago?

No, lets not let our kids watch these shows because there are some rogue people in somalia that the media are calling pirates (whether they are or not is not up to me to decide)

A pirate to a child is having a hook for a hand, a wooden leg, a bird on their shoulder and saying 'arghhhh'. Not raping and murder.

The pirates theme is the best option the the new WA team. Firstly, it is not currently used by a pro football team in Australia, while the Reds is used by QLD Rugby. Secondly, WARL would be marketing to the young fans of the state. What better than the BIGGEST theme out there?

Now grow up, get off your computer and get outside and have a life.

Rant over

Panfas

Juniors
I posted a reworked logo last month. I forgot to include the jerseys.

1_WCP-Pri-980x532.jpg

Hey champ, love your work.

I have though about this design for the Panthers for a while now, and seeing your black/charcoal design here has hit the nail imo. I think the Panthers one would look good with a teal collar, and maybe a small teal and white stripe on the sleeves. If you are up to it could you give it a go? There is a jersey thread in the Panther section somewhere.

Keep up the good work mate.

LJC

Juniors
West Coast Pirates seem to have a catchy name and unique/popular colours.

They are their to be marketed to the public and will succeed if done correctly and are shown the green light by the powers that be.

Lets hope the NRL wake up and add 2 more teams over the next 5 years or so.

Last edited:

chibimatty

Juniors
Clarke said:
I'm aware of that and was not refering to a heritage jersey. More so something that I would like and imo be more pleasing to the eyes.

You mean something along the lines of this maybe: (clickable image)

SORRY FOR THE HATCHET JOB, GAZF!!!

Cheers,
Matty

Last edited:

Clarke

Juniors
You mean something along the lines of this maybe: (clickable image)

SORRY FOR THE HATCHET JOB, GAZF!!!

Cheers,
Matty

Yes. To me that is a modern version of the old design and looks a whole lot better.

Although, as pointed out earlier in this thread, it's not a heritage jersey. But it is based on a heritage jersey which I think all modern jerseys should be (with the obvious exception of the youngest team, Titans).

The Great Dane

First Grade
Yes. To me that is a modern version of the old design and looks a whole lot better.

Although, as pointed out earlier in this thread, it's not a heritage jersey. But it is based on a heritage jersey which I think all modern jerseys should be (with the obvious exception of the youngest team, Titans).

Why, the Titans could do something based on one of the old Giants, Seagulls or Chargers jerseys couldn't they?

chibimatty

Juniors
Why, the Titans could do something based on one of the old Giants, Seagulls or Chargers jerseys couldn't they?

Yeah they could actually. I'd like to see some more of their old designs done in their current colours,

an idea: (probably not for this thread I know)

titansretro.png

Cheers,
Matty

The Great Dane

First Grade
Yeah they could actually. I'd like to see some more of their old designs done in their current colours,

an idea: (probably not for this thread I know)

I reckon the Gold Gladiators/Chargers jersey in Titans colours would look awesome.

They don't scream traditional Rugby League jersey to me.

Yeah but you never know, if there is enough pressure maybe they will break.

chibimatty

Juniors
I think the butcher-stripe hoop they use in light blue and white is a very traditional design; but we're talking more along the lines of heritage-style throwbacks, rather than traditional jerseys.

Come to think of it, the only real traditional jersey styles in rugby league are hoops, butcher-stripe hoops, chevrons, V's and plain. We tend not to see yolks, stripes, halves, quarters and sashes in this sport. Union is even more limited, no V's or chevrons either, though they tend to use quarters. Aussie Rules uses almost everything, not that their guernseys are terribly wearable however.

I liked the old Western Reds design and GAZF sash design as they really stood out for me. I think what they're going for now reminds me too much of an Indigenous or PNG Kumuls jersey. Still, in this day and age, jerseys change every couple of years anyway, so if we do get in, I think it will be nice to see what they come up with.

Cheers,
Matty

Last edited:

Latest posts