What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vale Jon Mannah

condolences to his family, so sad for them.
It was uplifting make his comeback for the Sharks and I always hoped he'd go that step further with you fellas.
All the best to you guys as well.

Snoochies

First Grade
RIP Johnny, may the lord keep you.

Trying hard to hold a tear back at my work desk. I hate seeing genuine nice blokes taken from us too soon. Prayers for the Mannah family and the Eels.

The Mannah boys are some of the really good guys of the NRL. It only feels like yesterday watching Jon play, So sad.

Thought and condolences go out to those that knew him.

Rogue.9

Juniors
Parramatta player Jon Mannah has passed away after battle with Hodgkin's Lymphoma

331290-jon-mannah.jpg

John Mannah has lost his battle with cancer after a brave fight. Picture: Wright Krystle Source: The Daily Telegraph

PARRAMATTA players and staff are in mourning today, following the passing of prop Jon Mannah overnight.

The 23-year-old brother of Eels and NSW Origin prop Tim Mannah succumbed to a long battle with Hodgkin's Lymphoma after being diagnosed in 2009.

He made a stunning comeback to rugby league with Cronulla in 2011, clocking up a total of 24 NRL appearances before joining his brother at Parramatta last season.
Pics: Jon Mannah tribute gallery

But a relapse early in the year forced Mannah to undergo a second round of chemotherapy treatment, robbing the pair of the dream to play NRL together.

He had been unable to train during the pre-season as the illness reached its final stages.

Jon and brother Tim shared a special bond.

"For a period of about seven or eight months, I couldn't really do anything," Jon said of the months that followed his initial diagnosis in August, 2009. "But whenever Tim came home from training, he would just brighten the place and ease the mood.

"He'd come in with a joke or a good story."

"He is funny without even trying. Most of the time you are laughing at him, not with him."

"What I would say is that I just really appreciated having him around. Between August (2009) to May (2010), I was between home and the hospital.

"I didn't get to do too much else but I didn't miss a game of his.

"I don't know if he appreciated it or he hated me analysing every bit of his game, but that's what I did."
Jon Mannah fact box:
Date of birth: September 13, 1989
School: Christian Community High School
NRL clubs: Cronulla Sharks, Parramatta Eels
First grade games: 24
Tries: 2
International honors: Named in Lebanon squad for 2013 World Cup qualifying tournament
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...odgkins-lymphoma/story-fndujljl-1226556331338

Sphagnum

Coach
:( Sad start to a day

Condolences to the Mannah family, his friends and all those associated with this tragedy.

RIP big fella.

eels_fan

First Grade
2 tragic losses in 2 successive pre-seasons for the Parra boys. Still can't believe it.

Quigs

Immortal
Sympathies to the Mannah Family.

And to all the footy mates, supporters, both Eels and us Sharkies.

RIP Jon. Just taken way too young.

He always looked big enough and fit enough to hold a bull out to ...

Farkkkkk Cancer.

Eels Dude

Coach
Such sad news. I hadn't realised his illness was at such an advanced stage. Condolences to his family.

natheel

Coach
Such a sad start to the day. My thoughts go out to the mannah family and I hope that Tim is ok. He is in good hands with such a tight squad this year and has plenty of fans who love him and will be there for him.

RIP Jon Mannah

muznik

Juniors
Man i was shocked to read this today.

I knew he had relapsed but no idea it was to that extent.

Thoughts are with the Mannah family on such a tragic day.

R.I.P. Jon

Timmy, your brother was a champion as you well know.