What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manti T'eo

Mhartew

Juniors
Strange story. We'll see how it develops whether Teo made up the story or whether he was played a fool like what Notre Dame is trumpeting.

Raider_69

Post Whore
what a very strange story

Maybe it will come out that he's a filthy pig of a liar and everyone will pass on him until the eagles land him in the 2nd! Then id wake up

but seriously what a strange story

Blade

Juniors
Amazing he, or anyone, would think for a second in this day-n-age of technology, social media and whatnot, would think he'd get away with this hoax and that nobody would pick up on it.

It's breaking big here this morning all over the national breakfast news shows. Doesn't look good for him at all.

Read this crap -

"On the morning of Dec. 26, very early morning, Manti called his coaches to inform them that while he was in attendance at the ESPN awards show in Orlando, he received a phone call from a number he recognized as having been that he associated with Lennay Kekua," Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick said. "When he answered it, it was a person whose voice sounded like the same person he had talked to, who told him that she was, in fact, not dead. Manti was very unnerved by that, as you might imagine."

Pfftt....

This kid's either incredibly stupid, or a special kind of stupid.

Source

Big Tim

First Grade

Raider_69

Post Whore
Fruit loop or not the kid can play football and play it to a high level
even this piece of strangeness wont drop him out of the top 15

Ron Jeremy

Coach

He isnt top 15 anyway, he is overrated, he has very poor lateral movement and slow in coverage. He has very good instincts but he's not not a top 15 pick, and oh he was exposed very badly by bama, he couldn't tackle anything that night against a quality side

Blade

Juniors

I agree.... kind of. The young man has a good football head and reads play very well given his position.

The kid's good, maybe very good, but he's not Top 15 in my books.

Ladmate

Bench
Manti Te'o is overhyped. You know a prospect sucks when his best trait is intangibles and leadership. With this story he might not even have that. I won't touch him until the 4th round. His athleticism is terrible for his position. His coverage is ordinary. His tackling is around average, nothing special. He reminds me of Maualuga. Both hyped up due to their leadership. Maualuga has a case for worst 4-3 MLB in the game.

beave

Coach
So is this story an excuse as to why he played like utter ass against the tide last week???

Big Tim

First Grade
All jokes aside, a girl that never existed has died people, a little respect

Fake cancer's a real bitch.

EDIT: I realise the timing of this joke is pretty poor, but I would like to think we can separate this situation from that of the NRL.

And, this is Australia, its what we do.