What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tampa Bay RB Michael Smith trains with Canberra Raiders

Raider_69

Post Whore
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...ith-raiders-20130123-2d7vl.html#ixzz2Io539Jxv

Interesting story

obviously just doing it to keep in shape whilst he's here for his wedding, but im pretty excited as a raiders fans. The raiders get a chance to see what it takes to be an athlete of NFL calibre.

Would be awesome to see how he went if he played a game. Either way im excited by what he might be able to do for the raiders. Coming in and looking at our facilities, it will seem like HS football to him again but maybe it might spur the raiders onto spending a bit more dough in this area.

ld be awesome to see how he went if he played a game. Either way im excited by what he might be able to do for the raiders. Coming in and looking at our facilities, it will seem like HS football to him again but maybe it might spur the raiders onto spending a bit more dough in this area.

stop talking rubbish raider.

the raiders dont spend money. they could. they have like 8 clubs, land in sydney..shit tons of cash.

dont spend it.

im sure they could get bellamy if they truely wanted him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Yea they could, we have a truck load of cash but an owner (or the eqiv of one) that doesnt want to spend any cash on football ops

im hopeful that McIntyre sits down with the kid, or watches him practise and wonders why his players arent that big, strong, fast and healthy... he'll quickly find out the answer is the facilities and support staff... i dunno, maybe it pry open McIntyre's budget (Or at least give the Furners an example as to what can be achieved with better facilities and support staff)

nah

you will have to wait till the old man dies and hopefully a new lot of people take over who want the team to win.
i get the feeling that the raiders dont actually care about winning the comp sometimes.

The raiders could be an elite team in this league but dont want to spend the money. they could spend more on footy operations. they could do better with strength and conditioning, hell they could hhave send Campo to Dr James Andrews to get his surgery done. but naaah. as long as McIntyre and Furners have control...i dont see em doing anything that we have not already seen.

it seems to me that they are happy with coming 7th/8th rolling along as long as they remain in control.
cheap f**kers.

they could do so much more and be so much more to canberra than just. "meh its the raiders"

anyway, yeah i saw him on the news in his Bucs new era creamsicle hat. which im sure Beave has already got.

Last edited: