What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jessica Mauboy to replace Bon Jovi for 2013 ad campaign

WayneBennett

Juniors
309938-jimmy-barnes-and-tina-turner.jpg

MolongRooster

Juniors
Where did I say she was talentless? Didn't say I hadn't heard her sing - hell, was I supposed to memorise her name from that atrocious GF appearance, was I? I did question whether someone who gained fame through a karaoke show is the best talent we could have called upon. But as you pointed out - it's not about talent. It's about ticking boxes.

Still, I'll guestimate I'd rather ads with her in them than the SBW-OMG ad Nein are using.

The SBW ad rocks, moreso becuse of its frequency, a lot better then the 2nd choice, Dragons - WTF:D . I understand that you are still upset that they didnt go with The Ted Mulry Gang or Joe Dolce, but really no reason to bag out Jessica.

Clarke

Juniors
I don't know... Never heard of her, pop star, just don't think a R&B singer suits what the NRL is about.

How about we wait to see what her song for the NRL is. She is capable of singing a number of different types of genres. I also disagree, if the song is right regardless of genre it should be used and just because it's pontentially R&B or whatever doesn't make it any worse or any better than whatever some old rock band can do.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I love this. Especially with her Indigenous Australian roots which is great for the game and great for the Indigenous football fans. 'This is Our House' was first used in US Football games and has no place in the NRL.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Thought she went ok at Allstars, enjoyed hearing the national anthem being sung in the local aboriginal dialect, did sound very polynesian though which was a bit weird.

ps anyone who says Suncorp doesn;t have a bad seat in the house is kidding. Paid $90 and couldn't see a 1/4 of the field due to the steps and barriers!

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
Thought she went ok at Allstars, enjoyed hearing the national anthem being sung in the local aboriginal dialect, did sound very polynesian though which was a bit weird.

ps anyone who says Suncorp doesn;t have a bad seat in the house is kidding. Paid $90 and couldn't see a 1/4 of the field due to the steps and barriers!

I don't think they literally mean 100% of seats

Big Mick

Referee
I think if she sings 'Simply the Best' acomplishes 2 things:

1. Gives all the bogans nostalgia about the "good ol'days".
2. Gives the game a great look from the perspective of new fans/demographics eyes.

A young talented indigenous female who loves rugby league and is the face of the game provides marketing few others can offer.

ding ding ding

We have a winner.

Latest posts