What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly star Brett Stewart arrested, not charged

Fire

First Grade
35ehwg.jpg

Disco

Bench
http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/stewart-in-the-clear-after-altercation-221632

Story by Adam Lucius on Sportal:

Stewart in the clear after altercation 11/2/2013 4:37 pm

A police investigation has confirmed the Sea Eagles' in-house finding that full-back Brett Stewart has no case to answer following an incident at a Manly pub.

Stewart was spoken to by police following an altercation with a member of the public at the New Brighton Hotel on January 18, but no further action was taken.

Sportal has been told a 21-year-old man harassed and taunted Stewart inside the pub and later alleged the full-back head-butted him following an altercation.

The

patron took the matter to police after being ejected by bouncers.

CCTV footage failed to back up the man's version of events, verifying Stewart's story in the process.

"The bloke (complainant) was being a real pest and there was no evidence to support his story," a source said.

"Police spoke to Brett Stewart but that's as far as it went.

"There was nothing on the CCTV to prove any wrongdoing. It was all a storm in a teacup."

Manly launched a separate inquiry into the incident but also cleared Stewart of any misconduct.

It's been a forgettable time for the Stewart brothers, with Glenn ruled out for up to 10 weeks with a knee injury.

no name

Coach
Ben Fordham ‏@BenFordham EXCLUSIVE - High profile NRL player ARRESTED last weekend.... details coming up now on @SydneyLive2GB
So firstly, he was arrested on the 19th of Jan, and was also cleared by police and the club all before last weekend.
Were they part of the details that were given later?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Good to see people are ready to bag someone despite knowing NONE of the facts.

Pretty much the only "bagging" that went on in this thread was with regard to his petulent behaviour at the end of the 2011 GF. And that fact is well known.

Eric Galt

Juniors
Pretty much the only "bagging" that went on in this thread was with regard to his petulent behaviour at the end of the 2011 GF. And that fact is well known.

I didn't see ant petulant behaviour at end of 2011 GF, but then I am not a lip reader like you. He was probably a bit bored as it's pretty commonplace for Manly players to be collecting premiership rings and he was just making polite conversation. Get back to us when you have some facts. Maybe when or if you mature your jealousy of Manly will dissipate.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I didn't see ant petulant behaviour at end of 2011 GF, but then I am not a lip reader like you. He was probably a bit bored as it's pretty commonplace for Manly players to be collecting premiership rings and he was just making polite conversation. Get back to us when you have some facts. Maybe when or if you mature your jealousy of Manly will dissipate.

Head-in-sand.jpg

Frenzy.

Immortal

^irony

some11

Referee
He got the adults version of time out and had to sit in the corner and think about what he did.

Latest posts