What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels's Trials, Dates and Locations

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our roster is on par if not worse than last year. If we avoid the spoon Ricky is a magician.

It's only a trial. In 2011 we dominated in the trials and finished 3rd last.

Didn't help that we were missing our best player and three members of our leadership group. I hear Mullaney proved he's no more than a backup.

strider

Post Whore
so what happened? i'm assuming we lost

it was just like the good old days ... parra turn to poo and the forum goes down .... ahhhh the memories

Maroubra Eel

Coach
i thought u might have given us some ... or couldn't u see from behind the dunnies?

I forgot this site crashes whenever the footy's on.
Anyway anyone reckon our defense has been sured up. Are we solid? Has Ricky been working the boys. Toughest preseason ever. Tightest camaraderie in a decade?

The Colonel

Immortal
It's only a trial..

Yes it is. However the team named according to the newspaper would have been the team that ran out against the Warriors in round one should Hayne, Maitua and Smith not be available. Unfortunately for mine only Smith improves our defence. I'm not fussed whether we won or lost. I am fussed with the performance of a side that was supposed to have improved under Stuart with a renewed focus on defence. The score line suggests instead of belting the shit out of each other at training they should have been focusing on defence.

New year. No Hindmarsh or Kearney. Who's fault will it be this year???

Forty20

First Grade
NRL Match Report: Parramatta to Persist

Parramatta are now focused on regaining some pre-season momentum in Penrith next weekend after going down 41-4 to the Wests Tigers.

The Eels travelled to Campbelltown for their second trial match of the 2013 NRL pre-season. Ricky Stuart's men took on the locals minus star trio Jarryd Hayne, Reni Maitua and Ben Smith while facing an incredibly strong Tigers line-up led by the always brilliant Robbie Farah and Benji Marshall.

After a physical opening stanza, the Tigers struck first through new signing Braith Anasta. The Eels looked as though they had hit back with 15 to go via Cheyse Blair on the right flank, only for the final pass to be judged forward by referee Matt Ceccin. Moments later a penalty for a head high tackle against Eels enforcer Fui Fui Moi Moi led to a clear shift in momentum. The Tigers scoring 3 consecutive tries before halftime through Robbie Farah, Anasta (his 2nd for the match) and Marieke Koroibete. The Eels heading to the break behind 24 nil.

The second half begun much like the first, littered with tough collisions which threatened to boil over as Moi Moi and Marshall went toe to toe. While that confrontation was extinguished quickly the momentum that was well in the Tigers favour showed no signs of slowing down. When Jake Mullaney was sin-binned for holding a player down, the Tigers capitalised on the right edge first through Matt Utai then followed soon after by Blake Ayshford.

A timely repeat set gave Parramatta their first attacking opportunity of the half inside the Tigers 20 and they made it count. A quick spread to the left edge through some tidy ball work put Willie Tonga over in the corner. The celebrations short lived with Wests Tigers replacement fullback James Tedesco marking his return from injury with a 4-pointer under the sticks. The 40-4 result gives Parramatta a pre-season record of 1 win and 1 loss with a final trial scheduled for next Saturday against the Panthers at Centrebet Stadium.

In earlier games, Wentworthville went down valiantly in the NSW Cup to the Tigers 28-26, the game marking Jacob Loko's return to football. Whilst in the Holden NYC Cup, a strong performance from Kelepi Tangiroa was not enough to prevent the locals from a clean sweep.

Clicky

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes it is. However the team named according to the newspaper would have been the team that ran out against the Warriors in round one should Hayne, Maitua and Smith not be available. Unfortunately for mine only Smith improves our defence. I'm not fussed whether we won or lost. I am fussed with the performance of a side that was supposed to have improved under Stuart with a renewed focus on defence. The score line suggests instead of belting the shit out of each other at training they should have been focusing on defence.

New year. No Hindmarsh or Kearney. Who's fault will it be this year???

Following the updates on Twitter it looks like we were going okay, had some bad luck and shit oursleves. As usual we lacked leadership. Maybe Hayne, Maitua and Smith could have changed that.