What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Difference between a League and Union Ball

dogslife

Coach
I've always wondered why the need for 15 blokes each side. The goal kicker is the only bloke who contributes. I suppose you need a few blokes thrown in there to commit one of those 6 million ruck infringements to put them in position for a kick

Canard

Immortal
I'm sorry your sense of humour evades you.:cool:

I thought it was a good joke, maybe ANTIMUNGOPHOBIA does exist.

Comes the response from the guy who got pissy when I made a CLEAR joke about his favourite sport.

"Your not allowed to have a go at Union!!! Its Global !"

supercharger

Juniors
Track and Field is not a sport.

facepalm.jpg

papabear

Juniors
That said union isn't really a sport.

Union is to rugby league like what
3 pt shoot out is to basketball

Teddyboy

First Grade
Was watching a old Currie Cup final from 1986 and the game resembled Aussie Rules then anything Rugby League with the constant kicking back and forth and the mass mess of bodies in the rucks and mauls along side players didn't know how to pass the ball.

Loudstrat

Coach
I have never had a go at league, I have stated facts - anyone with half a brain would accept that rugby union is a bigger sport worldwide then rugby league (it is a no-brainer), it doesn't mean it is a better game.

Starts a thread comparing ball shapes. Gets a reply, fires back with "Union is played in over 100 countries..........

And I havent forgotten you called Wests "the PIES" - which no old time Lidcombe season ticket holder would EVER do. Its a sh*tty old AFL term for their sh*tty version of the Magpies - and a dead giveaway of an imposter. To you "Dallas" means an old Yank sitcom. Right?

Canard

Immortal
There would be slightly less rape at a union ball

Robin Brooke and many former All Blacks wish that were true.

Was watching a old Currie Cup final from 1986 and the game resembled Aussie Rules then anything Rugby League with the constant kicking back and forth and the mass mess of bodies in the rucks and mauls along side players didn't know how to pass the ball.

Yep, this BS about how Union hasn't "changed" in 100 years! Its changed markedly in just the last 15, because even Union fans realised how BORING it was becoming and introduced changes to make it more like League.

redvscotty

First Grade
Union internationals might very well be popular in Australia, but the Super 15 is balls.It won't ever get off foxtel into the mainstream because if it did it would be a flop.

100 countries means f**k all if no one outside the union playing families gives a shit.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Starts a thread comparing ball shapes. Gets a reply, fires back with "Union is played in over 100 countries..........

And I havent forgotten you called Wests "the PIES" - which no old time Lidcombe season ticket holder would EVER do. Its a sh*tty old AFL term for their sh*tty version of the Magpies - and a dead giveaway of an imposter. To you "Dallas" means an old Yank sitcom. Right?

You can always tell a Victorian, you just can't tell them much.

Latest posts