What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SimCity 2013

perverse

Referee
I'm pretty sure they've topped HL2's horrendous launch with this one. Valve learned a lot of lessons that day/week. Can only hope EA takes a bit away from this, too... they clearly weren't prepared.

Butters

Bench
Yeah it only took them 2 years to patch the game so that it was actually playable. That's quality ay.

bileduct

Coach
So does Sim City work yet?
Yeah, I guess it does.

The join game feature f**king sucks ass, though. If I try to join a game I am only presented with other games that are already full. There's no way I can see to filter out full games.

When I create a game nobody joins it.

Frederick

Staff member
So apparently it's incredibly easy to modify the games code so it can be played offline, yet the head of maxis is saying it would take a monumental effort to change the game to play it offline. I really hope they come to their senses and release a patch so it can be played offline, otherwise this will be forever known as the game that killed the simcity franchise

bulldog

Bench
Always online DRM for single-player is ridiculous, I bailed on EA titles when Origin launched, nothing I've seen since has convinced me that it was a bad call.

EA are about to learn the same lesson Ubisoft learnt, always online DRM does not work and only causes problems for their customers, it will be patched out - that much I'm sure of, especially now the fallacy that it's an integral part of the game has been exposed.