What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Agency

Raider_69

Post Whore
OK peeps.
We're 2 days away from opening up...

who do you want? who dont you want? and what do you want to get out of this FA period?

For the eagles i want an OT or OG. Someone like Eric Winston to play RT, we can kick Herremans to RG and our line looks great, so long as Jason Peters is back.

I want Dashon Goldson, we need a safety and he's as good as it gets. We cant go in another year with this secondary

I want a CB and i dont want it to be DRC. A sure tackling CB like Sean Smith would be awesome. Nnamdi needs to restructure

I dont want the big name offensive weapons, Bush, Wallace, Welker... wasted cap money and we've been the FA champions, and it didnt pan out for us. I want guys that are high charactor, no nonsense footballers

If the eagles can nab a CB, OL and S in this free agency, it opens the draft right up for them. We can take a tackle @ #4 or a stud OLB.

abpanther

Staff member
Be careful what you wish for

Goldson is seeking to be the highest paying safety in the league, $8 million per season he's asking for.

He's good, but he ain't that good. Hard hitting safety with range, but he does gamble a lot and takes bad angles at times. 49ers offered him $7 million per season last year and he declined it.

This draft class is deep at safety IMO

zombie jesus

Staff member
Steelers don't have cap room and are never too active anyway, might pick up some depth on minimal contracts once all the big names get snapped up. Hope to hold on to Keenan Lewis and Ramon Foster, probably 50/50 chance for both.

noone, especially not someone for big dollars. our goal has to be working towards getting rid of this salary cap mess while drafting really well.

one tree hill

Juniors
Take Goldshon off our hands please, i'd rather someone who can also cover rather than just deliver big hits.

Hoekstra

Juniors
For the Browns I wouldn't mind getting DE Cliff Avril.

Martellus Bennett or any decent veteran tight end.

We need a decent veteran corner or two as well. Seems to be quite a few around in FA.

DC_fan

Coach
The Cowboys don't have the cap space to have a big shopping list. I think they will look for depth at a few positions.

kurt faulk

Coach
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/eagles-to-make-an-offer-for-danny-amendola/

Eagles to make an offer to Danny Amendola

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 11, 2013, 6:48 AM EDT

In 2009, the Eagles signed Danny Amendola to a league-minimum contract and had him on their roster throughout the offseason, but he never got into a regular-season game. Four years later, the Eagles are ready to sign Amendola to a significantly more lucrative contract.

Amendola, a soon-to-be free-agent receiver who isn’t expected to re-sign with the Rams, is in the Eagles’ plans, according to CSNPhilly.com.

When Amendola left the Eagles’ practice squad to join the Rams, Pat Shurmur was the offensive coordinator in St. Louis. Now Shurmur is the offensive coordinator in Philadelphia, and he and new Eagles head coach Chip Kelly apparently see Amendola as a good fit for the offense they plan to run.

Amendola is capable of having a huge impact: He had a 15-catch, 160-yard game against the Redskins, and an 11-catch, 102-yard game against the 49ers last season. The biggest problem Amendola has had, however, is staying healthy. If Amendola can be healthy for 16 games, he’s going to be an important part of some team’s offense. That team may be the Eagles.

dogslife

Coach
I'd be happy to get him as long as we don't pay him the money I think he thinks he's entitled to

Raider_69

Post Whore
Amendola is not the type of reciever i want tbh
but ill trust chip to know what kind of guys will fit the system he plans to run

legend

Coach
If Stokley retires I'd love to have Amendola in the slot or even Welker but the chances of that happening are remote.

Boldin was just traded to the 49er's for a sixth round pick. Good pick up for San Fran. I thought he was worth more than that.

The NFC West is going to be a lot tougher next season, with the Seahawks and Niners looking very tough already.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Steelers don't have cap room and are never too active anyway, might pick up some depth on minimal contracts once all the big names get snapped up. Hope to hold on to Keenan Lewis and Ramon Foster, probably 50/50 chance for both.

One down! Foster re-signed according to Schefter, great news, now to wait and see what happens with Willie Colon, it's either a pay cut or be cut.

abpanther

Staff member
Reports that 49ers will go after Ed Reed and Sean Smith.

I think if we sign Smith, Carlos Rogers will be released

DC_fan

Coach
Reports that 49ers will go after Ed Reed and Sean Smith.

I think if we sign Smith, Carlos Rogers will be released

Seriously whats with the 49ers wanting all the old timers from the Ravens?

Redd will be 35 come this season.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Niners are clearly in their SB window, they have some great young players on small contracts so they can't go out and get guys long term, it will just bite them on the arse later, adding quality vets is the best way to win a SB now and keep the nucleus of their side together long term.

B-Hard

Juniors
Amendola is not the type of reciever i want tbh
but ill trust chip to know what kind of guys will fit the system he plans to run

It's hard to question his decisions atm when we have nfi what system he'll run. Look forward to when we all no his ideas.