What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo & Sponsorship Thread II

Prometheus

Juniors
Ineptness that secured the clubs future financially before all this speculative ASADA crap with a $300 million dollar development deal? Or perhaps the inept management that has increased membership by about 50% already and we are not yet at the cut off date...

Or perhaps it is the inept management that realises if you sell merchandise before sponsors have signed on, it undervalues the sponsorship deal simply because of the availability of sponsor free merch.

No, I think he means the same inept management that turned a blind eye to players being given both horse supplements and unreported cash payments through a third party security company to cheat the salary cap.

GAZF

First Grade
Looked good though. No confusion.

It was reasonably easy to spot the difference but the NRL has the away jersey in place for a reason (two when you consider merchandising), it should CLEARLY contrast with the home jersey. Souths seem to believe they are above the rules.

applesauce

Bench
It was reasonably easy to spot the difference but the NRL has the away jersey in place for a reason (two when you consider merchandising), it should CLEARLY contrast with the home jersey. Souths seem to believe they are above the rules.

In fairness it was their heritage jersey.

kdalymc

Bench
IMO away (white/clash) jerseys are ONLY for making money. They're rarely necessary and a few teams can't use them anyways..

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Rabbitohs have a white clash jersey they're unlikely to use in the season proper. Pure money spinner.

Rabbitohs have a white clash jersey they're unlikely to use in the season proper. Pure money spinner.

Agreed, it's purely about making the club money and if people are stupid enough to part with $160 for jersey, then that's their problem.

Reckon the Souths white jersey will get at least one run out this year, maybe against Canberra?

GAZF

First Grade

Pretty much. The traditional jersey isn't so sacred that it has to be worn EVERY game, they went years without wearing it in the 80's ffs.

Wear the white rabbit jersey with black shorts for the home and the white alt for the away. Split the sponsors across those two jerseys and wear the appropriate number of times, even if its 50:50.

Oh, and piss off the black rabbit on all onfield merch.

Frailty

First Grade
No, I think he means the same inept management that turned a blind eye to players being given both horse supplements and unreported cash payments through a third party security company to cheat the salary cap.

Given you have no idea about whats going on and relying on media speculation demonstrates you are truly a dickhead.

Furthermore, the Salary Cap is not an issue and is an oversight that has happened to many other clubs over the years. It will be a fine and that's it.

ShaneO85

Juniors
On the flipside, the sale of sponsor-free merch might be a massive money-spinner and make sponsors think - man, gotta get my brand on there!

Wonder what the break-down of best and less jersey sales vs sports store jersey sales?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Agreed, it's purely about making the club money and if people are stupid enough to part with $160 for jersey, then that's their problem.

Reckon the Souths white jersey will get at least one run out this year, maybe against Canberra?
Nope. Canberra don't host Souths down there.

kdalymc

Bench
Who can't use them and why?

Well, nobody (except maybe sharks) can use an away strip against bulldogs and dragons,
I think the only genuine need for a clash in the league today would be the black teams, maybe broncs and manly too.
Aus plays nz and there is no clash...
The white jersey to me, (apart from back when steelers played bears), has never been necessary and is all about making money.

Anyone remember when away jerseys weren't white?
They were just a different design. I liked that.
Broncos dark blue on the back, Melbourne lightning bolts, Penrith and roosters had a few alternates ...

Latest posts