What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone Line Ownership

Raider_69

Post Whore
I have recently brought my first house and next week will be moving in. I rang my phone and internet provider (iprimis) to arrange the transfer of my phone and internet services over to the new house

they told me Telstra dont own the line in this home and therefor to do the change over they will need to lay new line etc which will be $300 worth of fees plus a reconnection fee... they said they'd wave the reconnection fee if we paid the line fees and signed up for another 24 month contract.

Not really keen on that option, its a pretty competative market, and i recon whom ever owns the line in my new house, will probably have a decent phone and internet deal that we can do... so my question

How can i find out who owns the line into my new home? Iprimis has refused to tell me. And i cant find any internet link to do a property search

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
try asking Telstra or the previous owner

its odd because I'm not aware of anyone other then Telstra who own any infrastructure in Australia, but then again we're talking about Canbra and I've never worked there

Edit: is it an old area or new, perhaps if its new you can find out from whom ever developed the sub division, ie: who build the roads ect, they will have provided the power and data infrastructure

Last edited:

GB!

Juniors
on a side note, we're with iprimus and i think they're great! (in Canberra too)
whenever there is a problem, we get to speak with someone who has an aussie accent and the problem is (usually) resolved within an hour!

our last line was 'owned' by optus!

Raider_69

Post Whore
thaks lads, ive rung around abit, optus included, seems telstra own the line and ive done a deal with them to bundle my mobile, foxtel, internet etc.

Ive got no idea what iPrimus were trying to do, we were pretty happy with them and were willing to stay with them but it would appear they might have been attempting to fleece us out of more dollars than needed.

Maybe the bloke at iPrimis just didnt know what he was talking about, either way its sorted now and we're going with Telstra.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I preferred this post before the edit, whatever the f**k it meant.

got wrapped up in work and didnt notice a post ment for some mates on a gambling thread, ended up being posted here.
Spite bet friday, we all lay bets on NBA games and then post them, and lay more bets on the exact opposite as your mate

Joker's Wild

Coach
thaks lads, ive rung around abit, optus included, seems telstra own the line and ive done a deal with them to bundle my mobile, foxtel, internet etc.

Ive got no idea what iPrimus were trying to do, we were pretty happy with them and were willing to stay with them but it would appear they might have been attempting to fleece us out of more dollars than needed.

Maybe the bloke at iPrimis just didnt know what he was talking about, either way its sorted now and we're going with Telstra.

iPrimus are an Optus reseller and would have required infrastructure that is either Optus owned or Optus/Telstra shared. Looks like your house was Telstra only, probably installed recently now that the infrastructure sharing laws have been relaxed and Telstra is no longer forced to share its infrastructure with other carriers.

Raider_69

Post Whore
iPrimus are an Optus reseller and would have required infrastructure that is either Optus owned or Optus/Telstra shared. Looks like your house was Telstra only, probably installed recently now that the infrastructure sharing laws have been relaxed and Telstra is no longer forced to share its infrastructure with other carriers.

Ahh ok. I thought iprimis were a telstra reseller for some reason. Makes sense now. Thanks mate.

Latest posts