What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players I would Cut If I Could After This Season

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I don't think Smith is on as little as you guys think.

And considering how he offers absolutely nothing in attack and actually stymies it to an absolute halt, any other player that can make 25-35 tackles a game would offer the same or more in attack then he does, without the game losing penalties.

That's right. They're all on massive backended, backloaded mega dollars contracts. I can find you the posts that explain it all if you like. Happy days when we piss them all off.

I'd let willie Tonga go, we wouldn't really miss him he has barely played a game for us.
Ben roberts can go if we get Norman, we won't need roberts then.
Who ever we let go we need a top line prop and a 2nd rower and we'll be a top 8 team.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How about Josh Reynolds at 6 and kelly to 9 until Prichard or Vesico are ready???? Prefer him to Norman.

IFR33K

Coach
How about Josh Reynolds at 6 and kelly to 9 until Prichard or Vesico are ready???? Prefer him to Norman.

Isn't Reynolds originally a hooker???

If so, Sign him up, leave Kelly at 6 if form warrants it, hayne at fullback and hoppa in the centres.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Isn't Reynolds originally a hooker???

If so, Sign him up, leave Kelly at 6 if form warrants it, hayne at fullback and hoppa in the centres.
6 or 9 i'm not too fussed but he is a massive upgrade from what we have ATM.

pk76

Juniors
And some of you guys wonder why there is no loyalty from players..

Ben Smith is a loyal club servant, give him some slack. Sure, he is not offering much in attack at the moment but it's too early.

Don't mind Roberts on the bench. I just think he doesn't have a football brain to play for longer than 20 min per half.

While I'm not a fan of MK, I thought he was okay on Thursday. At least, he is minimising his usual error rate - I think the coach would have drilled that in as his first priority.

No, if you have other players to use the concession on then its irrelevant

Fair point, but not irrelevant....particularly if you don't know whether you'll be able to re-sign the other eligible players. Say Fui retires, and Hayne switches to lacrosse or something......if we have no 8-year + players, we can't use the $200k.

It's only Round 2 fellas.

Let's wait a while before we start deciding who needs to be cut.
Matt Keating could finish the year like he did in 2009 and you'll all be crying foul if we don't re-sign him.

Ratchy

Juniors
And some of you guys wonder why there is no loyalty from players..

Ben Smith is a loyal club servant, give him some slack. Sure, he is not offering much in attack at the moment but it's too early.

Loyalty is a very loose term to be used in the NRL.......

Fathead

Bench
One thing is certain .. There will be a great purge.I trust the coaching team knows what they are doing.

Eels Dude

Coach
Hopefully if there's a purge there is also a spending spree. We did a purge last year but failed to replace those cleaned out.

eel01s

Bench
It's only Round 2 fellas.

Let's wait a while before we start deciding who needs to be cut.
Matt Keating could finish the year like he did in 2009 and you'll all be crying foul if we don't re-sign him.

I agree. The team looks 100% better than this time last year - let's give them some more time before we start calling for heads.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I don't think Smith is on as little as you guys think.

And considering how he offers absolutely nothing in attack and actually stymies it to an absolute halt, any other player that can make 25-35 tackles a game would offer the same or more in attack then he does, without the game losing penalties.

Don't you mean any player that can make 42 tackles in 67 minutes like Smith did against the Dogs? Good luck finding one of those :lol:
Like I also said in another thread Smith hasn't conceded a single penalty this year either.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
For Hooker I reckon kris Keating would be a good pick up , would be fairly cheap and has got a fair bit of experience

TheRam

Coach
Like I said in the title of the thread, I would cut these players if I could, meaning if I can find a better option.

But anyone who can't see that these three are a real liability to our team, as much as they at times offer some benefit, is clouded in their judgment.

mickdo

Coach
I thought it was an 8 year discount now, and several players should be eligible for it, including Fui & Hayne?

Latest posts