What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggzfan4lyf

Juniors
Very disappointed with that crowd, esp with the form the Storm are in and against their opponent from the 2012 GF, I would hope if Canterbury were at full strength maybe they would have hit the 14-15k mark, Hopefully the MILLIONS of storm fans in Melbourne watched on GEM.....

Diesel

Referee
Due to the $1b payout we have to accept that crowd figures aren't what they should be. I would've hoped that 17K+ turned up in Melbourne. Maybe the Vics just think they are the best at supporting sports however its only the AFL they turn up to?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Will only get 20k avg when NRL dictates what games are played when, whist tv dictates we are always going to suffer the games with the biggest crowd potential being shafted to TV friendly, crowd unfriendly times and days. Might be waiting a while!

Article about Sydney crowds:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...-sporting-events/story-e6frfgbo-1226602778105

Crowd figures drop but TV ratings soar for Sydney sporting events

SYDNEY has become a city of couch potatoes when it comes to consuming sport.

Crowds in most major sports have fallen in Sydney in recent years while Fox Sports and Channel Nine ratings have skyrocketed.

Internet chat rooms and social media have thrown up a number of reasons for the poor attendance.

Ticket prices were the major concern with a family pass for four costing $125 to the concourse area only. By the time you buy four meals, drinks and pay for petrol, it's a $200 day out in one of Sydney's lowest income areas.

Any couch potatoes here want to chip in (pun not intended)?

Last edited:

applesauce

Bench
I think there would be a percentage (small) that could be turned off by the 'drugs in sport' investigation as well.

azza29

Juniors
From previous experience I don't think Melbourne sell the second tier on the camera side until it fills up everyone else. With that in mind seemed right, GA behind the posts not as full as usual either

The top level on the camera side is members only, no single tickets are sold there except for finals or the blockbusters against the Warriors/Broncos.

Still 12k on a wet, windy Thursday. Not bad at all. Next home game is a Monday night affair against the Tigers, so we'll see what our 'low tide' benchmark is then I guess.

newman

First Grade
According to 10 news roads around Leicchardt are choked. Should be a big crowd in there despite the storms.

Last edited:

DIOGENES

Juniors
Interesting article in the Herald-Sun apparently based on the crowd at 1 game in Campbelltown last weekend while 2012 was a record year. Great scientific rigour by that journalist.

I don't know what is happening to Aleague, union or AFL crowds and nor do I care.

Thankfully next week TNF will be over it ruin enough crowds in such a short space of time, putting a GF rematch on Thursday is just silly. Scheduling in general got a long way to go as shown by putting afternoon games at the Gold Coast, incorrect time-slots for various teams,etc. This is what happen when you have to please the TV executives and not the consumers of the game itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.