What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's the biggest salesman in the game?

Grapple

Bench
That player that's always complaining to the ref or diving trying to earn a penalty, throwing his arms up for a slow play the ball screaming... etc etc... I think Watmough, or maybe Cam Smith in his subtle genius.

Notable mentions - Scott Prince, Anasta, Ennis, Farah and Isaac Luke. Seems to be a pre-req for Hookers!

Also, do you think refs have a scouting report on certain players or just rely on experience? Or, do you think captains/teams/the guys above - realise the incompetency of a certain ref and push the limit? (Like Thaiday grabbing the refs shirt last night).

Grapple

Bench
I think there needs to be an obvious distinction between grub and salesman. Watmough is not necessarily a grub, (on the field)... he's just a complete goose that feels the need to help the ref in his decision making.

Gallen is a little bit of both. :lol: But bloody hell he puts in the work!

Apey

Staff member
Kurt Gidley if he is playing halfback for the Knights tomorrow.

Last edited:

Burwood

Bench
Darius Boyd does it just about every play the ball. Infuriates me when Newcastle are on the attack and he takes forever to stand up and play it- completely knocks the wind out of the sails. I could understand if he was regularly awarded penalties, but it rarely seems to happen.

blukablu

Juniors
Jaime Lyon and Ennis. I can't remember the last time they didn't throw their hands in the air protesting for a penalty when one of their team-mates were tackled.